1. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 11:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    once you know something to be proven then why believe opposite.
    This is of course why those who have been touched by God will not believe he does not exist. The problem comes in when these people conclude that their experience that God IS proves their image of God. This results in religion and dogma.
  2. Cosmos
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 14:40
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Actually, belief in God is not as crazy as you might think. Science currently supports the idea in relation to the creation of the universe.
    care to quote your source for this ludicrous claim?
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 14:42
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Okay. Where's the proof? Which part of Jewish doctrine promises them the whole world - through conquest? Which part of Islam promises Muslims the whole world - through conquest? Lets take a look see if your claims are well founded.
    Go read the bible - I thought you lived by its words.

I can not be bothered wasting my life reading the book of lies to find the supporting passages.

Read the codswallop Koran while you are at it.

Have fun.
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 19:27
    Originally posted by howardgee
    care to quote your source for this ludicrous claim?
    My source is simply common knowledge within the scientific community. See my “An Argument for the Existence of God” Thread now on page two.

ogiginally posted by The Chess Express
    Science supports the big bang theory and it supports the theory that matter cannot come from just light and heat. If both of these theories are correct then there has to be a God because matter came from the big bang, and the big bang came from a singularity that had no matter in it, just light and heat. In this way science supports God. Keep in mind that “supports” does not mean “proves.”

Thermo dynamics also plays into it.
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 15:57
    My source is simply common knowledge within the scientific community. See my “An Argument for the Existence of God” Thread now on page two.

[b]ogiginally posted by The Chess Express

Science supports the big bang theory and it supports the theory that matter cannot come from just light and heat. If both of these theories are correct then ...[text shortened]... Keep in mind that “supports” does not mean “proves.”

Thermo dynamics also plays into it.[/b]
    so...let me get this right...your source for your claim is.....

wait for it.....

....YOU.

That's fantastic.

You really are more insane than other God botherers...

...and that takes some doing!!!
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 17:242 edits
    so...let me get this right...your source for your claim is.....

wait for it.....

....YOU.

That's fantastic.

You really are more insane than other God botherers...

...and that takes some doing!!!
    So what are you saying, that matter can come from energy and light? Do a little research and see for yourself.
  7. Cosmos
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 02:05
    Well I’ll give you this, your theory (which you have as much proof of as I have of mine) has the benefit of being simple. Seems strange that you think it takes greater intelligence to understand it.
    Do yourself a favour and look up "Occam's razor".

I was watching a program about the great barrier reef today.
    Only 10% of all species of animals and plants there have been identified.

It is a shame that whilst so much of what exists is unidentified, people waste time trying to identify something which does not exist.
  8. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 03:131 edit
    Do yourself a favour and look up "Occam's razor".

I was watching a program about the great barrier reef today.
    Only 10% of all species of animals and plants there have been identified.

It is a shame that whilst so much of what exists is unidentified, people waste time trying to identify something which does not exist.
    Look at it this way. You could spend you’re whole life trying to verify the existence of new animals, but when you die all that matters is the existence of God.
  9. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 03:33
    This is your mistake - imagining that there must be a motivation for our existence. It leads to a belief in a higher, intelligent being, when there is no such thing, and no need for such a concept.
    No need for such a concept. True. Humans are physically capable of going about their business without the concept of god just fine. But I find it odd that every society man has ever documented includes the concept of god (or gods). Why is that? Surely, of all the societies that do/have existed ONE would go about their business without "creating" their own gods.
  10. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 03:48
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    No need for such a concept. True. Humans are physically capable of going about their business without the concept of god just fine. But I find it odd that every society man has ever documented includes the concept of god (or gods). Why is that? Surely, of all the societies that do/have existed ONE would go about their business without "creating" their own gods.
    Psalm 33:13-15 The Lord looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. He fashioned their hearts alike; he considereth all there works.
  11. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 03:49
    We are not here to make any choices. There is no REASON for our existence...we are just here.
    I see you subscribe to the theory that we came into existance through evolution.
    Question: should it be acceptable for me to go into a man's home, kill him and his kids, and start sleeping with his wife?
    No? Why not? Lions do it as part of their society. Why is it not evil for them to do it but it would be if I did it? If we all just evolved into existance, then one life form is no more valuable than another. Why do we place more value on human life than animal?

DF
  12. Cosmos
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 05:58
    Human beings are by nature, conceited.

This is why they imagine a creator of the universe must resemble them. (i.e. have created them in his image).

Education can overcome conceit. This is why more atheists exist in the educated countries (Europe, America, Australia, NZ, etc) than in uneducated countries such as Africa, the Middle East, Asia, etc.
  13. Cosmos
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 05:59
    I see you subscribe to the theory that we came into existance through evolution.
    Question: should it be acceptable for me to go into a man's home, kill him and his kids, and start sleeping with his wife?
    No? Why not? Lions do it as part of their society. Why is it not evil for them to do it but it would be if I did it? If we all just evolved into exis ...[text shortened]... m is no more valuable than another. Why do we place more value on human life than animal?

DF
    You are confusing the theory of evolution with Natural law.
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 18:53
    Go read the bible - I thought you lived by its words.

I can not be bothered wasting my life reading the book of lies to find the supporting passages.

Read the codswallop Koran while you are at it.

Have fun.

Spot any problems with these unsubstantiated, unverifiable, downright ridiculous beliefs?

Guess who is making the unsubstantiated claims now... Untill you cough up the goods, I'm gonna pass on this wild goose chase.
  15. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 03:36
    You are confusing the theory of evolution with Natural law.
    So are you saying that we are not subject to Natural law?

DF

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree