1. Cosmos
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 03:53
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    So are you saying that we are not subject to Natural law?

DF
    I am not saying that we are not subject to traffic laws....but this has nothing to do with evolution.
  2. Cosmos
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 03:54
    Originally posted by JadeMantis
    This is of course why those who have been touched by God will not believe he does not exist. The problem comes in when these people conclude that their experience that God IS proves their image of God. This results in religion and dogma.
    "those who have been touched by God"

If they are under-age, will God stand trial?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 03:58
    Don't give up on meds.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 11:43
    god is a term for people who create and control life.
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 12:221 edit
    "What did God give is, Neil?

God gave us life, Nigel.

Sure did.

God gave us life, so we can take sweets from strange men in big cars and be driven to the woods to stroke imaginary puppies."

--Half Man, Half Biscuit

This is meant to be in the 'Who gave human life?' thread, but I suppose it's really no more or less relevant here.
  6. London
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 14:31
    Originally posted by royalchicken

God gave us life, Nigel.

Sure did.

God gave us life, so we can take sweets from strange men in big cars and be driven to the woods to stroke imaginary puppies."

--Half Man, Half Biscuit

This is meant to be in the 'Who gave human life?' thread, but I suppose it's really no more or less relevant here.
    You're a pessimist.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 08:00
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Well, since everyone here plays chess better than I do, it only stands to reason that they're all much more intelligent than I am and they understand your second sentence. I don't. WHAT is a justification of God's wrongs through other people, and WHAT are those wrongs, and WHO are those other people? You can only claim that God is responsible for the w ...[text shortened]... ow? Or are you trying to say something else? Or are you just lonely and bored tonight?
    it's very hard to understand what windmill is saying.i think the second sentence refers to how people naturally put others down to give themselves a higher standing amongst other people here.the rulers become evil people who are empty inside and abuse people more to try and fill that space inside.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 08:13
    Originally posted by howardgee
    When you realise that God does not exist, only then can you truly learn to appreciate life and live it to the full.
    any person get's blessed when they live by standards that come from God.the reason you appreciate life is because you deny the wrong powers and authorities and hence live the life God gave you.you can also believe again and get blessed more because the wrongs that happened in your life did not come from God.it was evil people that took God's identity.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 08:17
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Believe me, If they are they are better in chess then you, that dosnt mean they are more intelligent.
    it also means they are more likely to be evil people as they have a need to rely on themselves more than God.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 08:301 edit
    Originally posted by JadeMantis
    This is of course why those who have been touched by God will not believe he does not exist. The problem comes in when these people conclude that their experience that God IS proves their image of God. This results in religion and dogma.
    some people believe in certain people who believe 'like church goers' and not God.when a situation arises that those people cannot fix then a problem is sure to evolve.which is god and which is God?
  11. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 08:312 edits
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    some people believe in certain people who believe 'like church goers' and not God.when a situation arises that those people cannot fix then a problem is sure to evolve.which is god and which is God?
    Edit: crud then you had to go edit it... nm
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 08:34
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Do yourself a favour and look up "Occam's razor".

I was watching a program about the great barrier reef today.
    Only 10% of all species of animals and plants there have been identified.

It is a shame that whilst so much of what exists is unidentified, people waste time trying to identify something which does not exist.
    hahahahaha.lol.lol.lol.lol!!!
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 15:59
    Originally posted by royalchicken

God gave us life, Nigel.

Sure did.

--Half Man, Half Biscuit

It's irrelevant no matter where you put it.
  14. Joined
    09 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 08:59
    Me too. Once I dropped my skates on a skidoo ride on the way to a hockey a game and couldn't play. I yelled at the sky and at god, because if the miserable bastard hadn't created the UNIVERSE then i would never have lost my skates.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 16:13
    Originally posted by Karluk
    Me too. Once I dropped my skates on a skidoo ride on the way to a hockey a game and couldn't play. I yelled at the sky and at god, because if the miserable bastard hadn't created the UNIVERSE then i would never have lost my skates.
    And when hell freezes over, maybe you can hold God accountable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree