1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 13:04
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    China started in 2698 B.C. when was the date of the flood?
    ========================
    =========================

I do not know. But one thing was demonstrated to me by a Chinese person who could fluently read and write in Chinese.

The pictures depicted in many Chinese words, in thier form of written language, apparently reflect knowledge of historical events quite reminiscient of Bible stories.

This Chinese man once showed me the story of Adam and Eve and the Flood of Noah was convincingly symbolized in some Chinese words.
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 23:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The earth is 4,500,000,012 years old according to the London Geological Museum.
    How silly mankind to put a point of time to the beginning of Earth or any planet, being it is absolutely impossible to, for they have EVER existed the ~moment~ God "THOUGHT" them into manifestation..
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 04:18
    I believe the flood came when Noah was 500 years old, but I could be wrong. That does not give a date of the flood relative to China's coming into being, as we have no frame of reference. But, since the "young earth theorists" generally put the age of the earth WAY too early (6000-10000 yrs old), it doesn't really matter. The Biblical flood was a very recent event, given the immense age of the earth.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 05:29
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]========================
    =========================

I do not know. But one thing was demonstrated to me by a Chinese person who could fluently read and write in Chinese.

The pictures depicted in many Chinese words, in thier form of written language, apparently reflect knowledg ...[text shortened]... e story of Adam and Eve and the Flood of Noah was convincingly symbolized in some Chinese words.[/b]
    This Chinese man once showed me the story of Adam and Eve and the Flood of Noah was convincingly symbolized in some Chinese words.

Could you please provide the details of his argument (in particular, the ones that make his case so convincing in your estimation)?

I have a book given to me by an ex-girlfriend (The Discovery of Genesis) which purports to make a similar case. But, honestly, I found the book's arguments to be outrageously bad (and that is even assuming the authors are accurate in their treatment of Chinese characters, in their analysis of phono-semantic compounds, etc -- which is an assumption that would not survive serious scrutiny).
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 06:59
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I believe the flood came when Noah was 500 years old, but I could be wrong. That does not give a date of the flood relative to China's coming into being, as we have no frame of reference. But, since the "young earth theorists" generally put the age of the earth WAY too early (6000-10000 yrs old), it doesn't really matter. The Biblical flood was a very recent event, given the immense age of the earth.
    So anyways china started about 2698 bc from their year witch is 4708. But a lot of people I see on there sites say the flood was 2400 bc.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 07:07
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]This Chinese man once showed me the story of Adam and Eve and the Flood of Noah was convincingly symbolized in some Chinese words.

Could you please provide the details of his argument (in particular, the ones that make his case so convincing in your estimation)?

I have a book given to me by an ex-girlfriend (The Discovery of Genesis) ...[text shortened]... ono-semantic compounds, etc -- which is an assumption that would not survive serious scrutiny).[/b]
    Many creationists are using the following method of deciding if an argument is good or bad:

Is the argument supporting the creation?
    If yes, it is a good argument.
    If no, it is a bad argument.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 07:37
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    How silly mankind to put a point of time to the beginning of Earth or any planet, being it is absolutely impossible to, for they have EVER existed the ~moment~ God "THOUGHT" them into manifestation..
    OK
    According to the London Geological Museum god has made the Earth seem 4,500,000,012 years old.

πŸ˜€
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 20:31
    Also if you look at the births in the book of Genesis. The tower of babel was the third generation after Noah and he was still alive. And also Abarham was 60 years old when Noah died, so they could have meet eachother?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 21:12
    The earth is 4,500,000,012 years old according to the London Geological Museum.
    4.5 mill plus 12? How do they work out the extra 12? Thats dam accurate! Creationists!What do you say?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 08:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    4.5 mill plus 12? How do they work out the extra 12? Thats dam accurate! Creationists!What do you say?
    I visited the Geological Museum in 1998 and they said the Earth was 4.5 billion years old then. And that was 12 years ago.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 10:59
    I visited the Geological Museum in 1998 and they said the Earth was 4.5 billion years old then. And that was 12 years ago.
    πŸ™‚. I like the way you thinkπŸ˜‰
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 11:071 edit
    How long has young Earth creationists been saying the Earth is 6,000 years old? Maybe they don't want to cause offence to the the Earth by giving its actual age.

I have been telling people I am 27 for the past 10 years.
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 22:57
    Originally posted by lausey
    How long has young Earth creationists been saying the Earth is 6,000 years old? Maybe they don't want to cause offence to the the Earth by giving its actual age.

I have been telling people I am 27 for the past 10 years.
    LOL

Yeah well, I'm 41 going on six, that being 4+1='s 5, and 1yr is 6 huhu
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 23:38
    Noah, at 600 had built the ark, yet that obviously was 6, zeros don't count! lol
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 22:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Also if you look at the births in the book of Genesis. The tower of babel was the third generation after Noah and he was still alive. And also Abarham was 60 years old when Noah died, so they could have meet eachother?
    I wasn't aware of that. In fact, since only 8 people were on the ark, and Abe was NOT one of them, I'm pretty sure Abraham was dead at the time of the flood.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree