1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 14:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What IS this?

Ever since I started saying that Christians should be a bit more respectful to atheists, all I am hearing from atheists any more here is the most disrespectful crap they can think up against Christians. I just don't get it.
    From the Book of Right On.I married a Roman catholic girl in a catholic church her family are very devout but have never pressured me into any faith and I respect my wife and her family's faith.
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:36
    What IS this?

Ever since I started saying that Christians should be a bit more respectful to atheists, all I am hearing from atheists any more here is the most disrespectful crap they can think up against Christians. I just don't get it.
    To be perfectly clear, this thread is a response to the boneheaded, creationist crap I've
    wrestled with these last few days. Typically, I don't care much what people believe, but
    RJHinds is one of a kind (pun intended).

My apologies to anyone else that may have felt under attack. I am bewildered how
    anyone can take the bible seriously, but then, I've only ever heard creationists sell it, and
    they just make it seem dumb.

Oh, man, I just can't stop. Ok, sorry, I'll quit it now.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:38
    What IS this?

Well, that's easy to explain. You just don't understand the concepts of respect and offending at all and thus consider even the slightest bit of nonsense or sarcasm as being disrespectful or offensive.

Basically, you saying something is either disrespectful or offensive is completely meaningless.

You have made a mockery of both words.

Well done!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 16:58
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Atheists aren't nuts, there are more of you guys in heaven than you could possibly know. 'When did we see you? when did we feed you? And the Lord said, when you helped the least of your bretheren, when you fed the hungry, when you clothed the naked, when you helped those who were sick. You did this for Me.' And they went into heaven.
    Jesus did not speak this to or about atheists.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 17:242 edits
    What IS this?

Suzianne, there is a difference between saying to X:

"You, X, are a dick"

and

"X, the god you believe in is a dick"

The latter is disrespectful to X whilst the latter is only "disrespectful" to an imaginary deity. Moreover, I bit my tongue at the time, but the admonishment you gave to googlefudge in another thread when he shot down RBHILL's "opinion" was not justified by the lengthy post you made in another thread about respect for other humans - your deity is unworthy of respect.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 17:31
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Suzianne, there is a difference between saying to X:

"You, X, are a dick"

and

"X, the god you believe in is a dick"

The latter is disrespectful to X whilst the latter is only "disrespectful" to an imaginary deity. Moreover, the admonishment you gave to googlefudge in another thread when he shot down RBHILL's "opinion" was not justified by the leng ...[text shortened]... t you made in another thread about respect for other humans - your deity is unworthy of respect.
    "Your misguided version of the entity you consider non-existent is a dickhead."

I guess you're right: I feel much better saying that than calling you a dick.
    Thanks, Agerg!
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 17:41
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    "Your misguided version of the entity you consider non-existent is a dickhead."

I guess you're right: I feel much better saying that than calling you a dick.
    Thanks, Agerg!
    Hey Freaky... I think I heard a voice from God last night! 🙂
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 17:52
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Hey Freaky... I think I heard a voice from God last night! 🙂
    I hope it was telling you to walk toward the light.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 18:291 edit
    What IS this?

Your reign over the forums is slipping from your grasp. 😲
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 20:271 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus did not speak this to or about atheists.
    So you say! You read but don't see, you listen but don't hear. Do you understand what is ment to follow the spirit of the law?

God does not see as you do, R J. The scripture is not limited to just those who read it. The scripture is the Word of God. And the Word of God poured out His blood for the 'whole' world.

R J, i've always liked the Baptists, but you fail when it comes to God's passion and mercy to the unbeliever. Paul states clearly, "those who know the law will be judged by the law, and those who do not know the law will be judged by the law written in their hearts." The Atheists may not comprehend or care for the law, but it doesn't matter. They still have to stand before God. Yet God looks at the heart. If you love, have compassion and help those who cannot help themselves, you have done this for Jesus too. They just don't know it.

Jesus states, "no one can go to the Father but through me" He never says you have to physically know who i am. Going through Jesus is going through love. And when you are washed by the love (blood) of Jesus, it is Jesus who lives in you. A man may never know Jesus in his lifetime on earth, but Jesus can live in him none the less.
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 20:35
    What IS this?

It is the defiant child telling the parent to his dying breath, "i will do as i want"
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 20:48
    ...love, have compassion and help those who cannot help themselves...
    Now, those are the most sacred things in life, as far as I'm concerned. Closely followed by
    scientific inquiry into the natural world for the betterment of us all.

I hope happiness keeps you close, friend.

🙂
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 21:16
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Now, those are the most sacred things in life, as far as I'm concerned. Closely followed by
    scientific inquiry into the natural world for the betterment of us all.

I hope happiness keeps you close, friend.

🙂
    Unfortunately, those who feel they know the truth will condemn me to death, and celebrate my passing.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 02:161 edit
    So you say! You read but don't see, you listen but don't hear. Do you understand what is ment to follow the spirit of the law?

God does not see as you do, R J. The scripture is not limited to just those who read it. The scripture is the Word of God. And the Word of God poured out His blood for the 'whole' world.

R J, i've always liked the Baptists, bu ...[text shortened]... u. A man may never know Jesus in his lifetime on earth, but Jesus can live in him none the less.
    IT IS WRITTEN:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

(John 3:16 NKJV)

Where is is written that those that do not believe on Him will go to heaven or will have everlasting life? I believe it says the unbelievers will have their part in the Lake of Fire.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree