1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 23:07
    that a diocese in California is paying the court judgments from pedophile priest cases by evicting nuns and selling their property. Outrage doesn't begin to cover it.
  2. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    that a diocese in California is paying the court judgments from pedophile priest cases by evicting nuns and selling their property. Outrage doesn't begin to cover it.
    In December 2006 the Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Roger Cardinal Mahony) agreed to a payout of $60 million to settle 45 of the over 500 pending cases concerning abuse by priests. In July 2007 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles agreed to pay a $660 million settlement to hundreds of people who claimed to have been abused by clergy.
    In September of 2003 the Archdiocese of Boston agreed to pay out $85 million to 552 victims.
    In 1997 the Diocese of Dallas negotiated a $31 million settlement with victims.
    In June of 2003 the Archdiocese of Louisville made a $25.7 million settlement involving 240 victims of sexual abuse.
    On January 3, 2005 Bishop Tod Brown of the Diocese of Orange apologized to 87 alleged victims of sexual abuse and announced a settlement of $100 million following two years of mediation.
    In December of 2006 the Diocese of Phoenix agreed to pay $100,000 to William Cesolini who claimed he was sexually assaulted as a teenager by a priest.
    In Canada the Christian Brothers have paid out approximately $35 million (Canadian) in compensation.

IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME TO BE AN ALTER BOY?
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 01:061 edit
    http://www.clericalsexualabuse.com/

4.5 star reviews on Amazon.com
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 01:10
    http://www.amazon.com/Double-Crossed-Uncovering-Catholic-Betrayal/dp/0385516363
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 01:17
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    http://www.amazon.com/Double-Crossed-Uncovering-Catholic-Betrayal/dp/0385516363
    ! I never saw that one before! Thanks!
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 03:40
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    The Pope should apologize to the whole world for the evil that his church has perpetrated over the centuries.

After the settlement, Cardinal Mahoney said that he would pray for those who "claimed" to have been victimized by Catholic priests. Even he wouldn't admit the evil that was committed.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 04:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 04:10
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    Even he wouldn't admit the evil that was committed.
    That's because he's an A-hole.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 04:18
    The Pope should apologize to the whole world for the evil that his church has perpetrated over the centuries.

After the settlement, Cardinal Mahoney said that he would pray for those who "claimed" to have been victimized by Catholic priests. Even he wouldn't admit the evil that was committed.
    It kind of makes you wonder why the Catholic church protects such priests and continues to ignore the 300 lbs gorilla in the room. Such protection of such priests has only gone to help facilitate ridicule and anger from those outside the church and perhaps from within as well. Maybe there are legal reasons why they are doing what they are doing or perhaps they view admitting there is a problem as a weakness and an underming of the church as a whole because it shows that the Catholic church is less than perfect or maybe it is a combination of the two. One thing is for sure, they better clean house or they better come start making lots more money to continue to settle out of court.

Really I hate to see all preists cast in such a light. I believe those guilty of such crimes are in the minority. However, those that cover for such priests I think also share in their crimes in the eyes of God.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 14:05

The pope should indeed apologize. Prior to his apology, however, let's hear from the superintendent of every public school in the US. Public school officials make priests look like, well, altar boys.
  11. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 23:35
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The pope should indeed apologize. Prior to his apology, however, let's hear from the superintendent of every public school in the US. Public school officials make priests look like, well, altar boys.
    In that case, let's hear from fathers, step-fathers, grandfathers, and uncles as well.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 06:20
    What kind of messed up argument is that?

It's like saying that wife beaters don't need to own up to their actions until murderers do. Stupid!
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 07:34
    Thats a cool argument. I guess I should ask God for forgiveness for my sins, but before I do that, Satan must do so too. Satan makes me look like, well, an angel!
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 07:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Thats a cool argument. I guess I should ask God for forgiveness for my sins, but before I do that, Satan must do so too. Satan makes me look like, well, an angel!
    Satan is beyond help... you are not!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree