1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 18:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    No apologies required. I am of East Indian descent and Im a Christian.
    OK,thanks! I admire your study of the Bible. Thanks again.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 20:04
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    OK,thanks! I admire your study of the Bible. Thanks again.
    Thanks for the compliment but Im really small potatoes around here. There are many more big guns with far more knowledge that what I can ever hope to acheive.

So do you share Dasa's disdain for meat-eaters?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 20:53
    Meaning?
    meaning "de-addiction" or the process of de-addiction

... I say "dilute your habits"
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 11:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    meaning "de-addiction" or the process of de-addiction

... I say "dilute your habits"
    Ok.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 11:54
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thanks for the compliment but Im really small potatoes around here. There are many more big guns with far more knowledge that what I can ever hope to acheive.

So do you share Dasa's disdain for meat-eaters?
    I am not for judging people by their eating habits. But I am a strict vegetarian,teetotaler,non-smoker by choice. I used to eat meat but never beef. I gave up drinking and meat eating in 1996 July. This was out of revulsion arising out of two things. One was the feeling that it was a shameful on my part that helpless animals were to be killed as my food. Another was the thought that I had enough. I gave up smoking for health reasons.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 12:09
    One was the feeling that it was a shameful on my part that helpless animals were to be killed as my food.
    But helpless plants are OK? Would hunting the animals and giving them a 'fair fight' make any difference to your decision?

Another was the thought that I had enough.
    Enough of what? Would you ever have enough plants and give those up too?
  7. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 12:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But helpless plants are OK? Would hunting the animals and giving them a 'fair fight' make any difference to your decision?

[b]Another was the thought that I had enough.

Enough of what? Would you ever have enough plants and give those up too?[/b]
    A vegan i.e.one who eats only fallen fruit and cooks ripe grains fallen from stalks will still be guilty in your eyes because he/she will be killing millions of microbes during his/her activities. No one this world be totally free from this sort of violence. Yet it is exceedingly easier on my conscience, if I do not eat meat than when I am a meat eater.
  8. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 19:011 edit
    I am not for judging people by their eating habits. But I am a strict vegetarian,teetotaler,non-smoker by choice. I used to eat meat but never beef. I gave up drinking and meat eating in 1996 July. This was out of revulsion arising out of two things. One was the feeling that it was a shameful on my part that helpless animals were to be killed as my food. Another was the thought that I had enough. I gave up smoking for health reasons.
    In response to your challenge in the other thread, I put it to you that you cannot both believe that killing "helpless animals" for food is "shameful" and not "judg[e] people by their eating habits". That is inconsistent.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 01:37
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Tofu is also delicious.
    I really don't like tofu, oysters, or shrimp.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 01:41
    A vegan i.e.one who eats only fallen fruit and cooks ripe grains fallen from stalks will still be guilty in your eyes because he/she will be killing millions of microbes during his/her activities. No one this world be totally free from this sort of violence. Yet it is exceedingly easier on my conscience, if I do not eat meat than when I am a meat eater.
    Do you believe a vegetarian is morally better than other people?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 03:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I really don't like tofu, oysters, or shrimp.
    You know, tofu isn't seafood.
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 05:00
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    In response to your challenge in the other thread, I put it to you that you cannot both believe that killing "helpless animals" for food is "shameful" and not "judg[e] people by their eating habits". That is inconsistent.
    I judge myself by my own standards. But I cannot impose them on others. Each one to his/her beliefs and views. Communication need not break down between persons of opposing views, though pursuasion may go on.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 05:21
    A vegan i.e.one who eats only fallen fruit and cooks ripe grains fallen from stalks will still be guilty in your eyes because he/she will be killing millions of microbes during his/her activities.
    Actually fallen fruit are new unborn plants. But no, I said nothing of guilt, I just want to understand your logic.

No one this world be totally free from this sort of violence. Yet it is exceedingly easier on my conscience, if I do not eat meat than when I am a meat eater.
    And I want to understand why. Why is it easier to kill a plant than an animal?
  14. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    No, not at all. Nobody wil become a saint by desisting from eating meat. One of our saints was a butcher. Goutam Buddha ate meat. Vivekananda ate meat. Gandhi ate meat ( when he was young ) , that too by stealing money from his father.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    No,maybe only a little...many other things to consider

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree