1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 15:37
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    You know, tofu isn't seafood.
    Yes, I know, but I don't like it anyway. I don't like cooked spinach either.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 15:503 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, I know, but I don't like it anyway. I don't like cooked spinach either.
    if my wife made it you would, beautifully seasoned with Indian spices, garlic , ginger,
    chillies, with some Paneer (Indian cheese), yup Spinach and Indian cheese (Saag
    Paneer), awesome, served with a cold beer and a fresh Tandoori nan bread, you dont
    know what your missin RJH
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 15:561 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if my wife made it you would, beautifully seasoned with Indian spices, garlic , ginger,
    chillies, with some Paneer (Indian cheese), yup Spinach and Indian cheese (Saag
    Paneer), awesome, served with a cold beer and a fresh Tandoori nan bread, you dont
    know what your missin RJH
    Oh I see, it would be disguised so much that I could not tell what I was eating.

P.S. Especially if I had enough beer.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 16:25
    Originally posted by lausey
    If you ever come to London, visit the Hawksmoor on Commercial Road. Best steak EVER! I especially like it smothered in their bone marrow gravy.
    Noted.

My parents were just up there, but all I got was a pen from Harrods. If I do visit, I will check it out.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 16:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you also avoid by products from animals like leather wallets, belts and shoes? What about jello and products from gelatin?
    Leather products e.g. wallets,footware,belts are not taboo in India. But leather footware is taboo inside all hindu,sikh,jain,buddhist temples. In most of indian homes ( except in westernised people's homes ) footware of all kinds is best left at the entrance. Footware of any kind is not at all permitted in the kitchens. Leather footware is not worn by the bride and groom and the priests during the marriage ceremony. Myself and wife take care to ensure that only egg-free cakes are bought by us. We do not use any jello or gelatin.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 16:48
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Leather products e.g. wallets,footware,belts are not taboo in India. But leather footware is taboo inside all hindu,sikh,jain,buddhist temples. In most of indian homes ( except in westernised people's homes ) footware of all kinds is best left at the entrance. Footware of any kind is not at all permitted in the kitchens. Leather footware is not worn by th ...[text shortened]... e care to ensure that only egg-free cakes are bought by us. We do not use any jello or gelatin.
    Use of leather products support and encourage the killing of cows. Dont you think so?
  7. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 17:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Use of leather products support and encourage the killing of cows. Dont you think so?
    Maybe,although I have not heard of cows being slaughtered specifically for making footwear.Nowadays though canvas and plastic are substituting leather for footwear in a big way.
  8. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 17:24
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Maybe,although I have not heard of cows being slaughtered specifically for making footwear.Nowadays though canvas and plastic are substituting leather for footwear in a big way.
    Incidentally, cow slaughter is prohibited in many states of India. Although, ironically not bull slaughter. It is the poor buffalo which is butchered and the meat of which gets exported to middle east for eating. Most Hindu farmers will not sell their old bullocks or cows to the butcher or to the vendor carrying them to the monster sized slaughterhouses. Most farmers allow their livestock to get old and die in the cowsheds and bury them lovingly in their farms.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    23 Sep '11 03:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Meat is murder!
    salad is murder too!
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Sep '11 06:20
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    salad is murder too!
    Killing vegetables incurrs much less karma than killing animals.

The hares believe that you can "work off" the karma incurred by eating vegetables in a "short time",(I'm thinking 20 minutes of chanting),whereas you incur too much karma with eating meat.

That is the core belief and certainly , in a country such as ours(australia), everyone could easily change to a vegetarian diet in a relatively short amount of time, however I do see problems with this type of vegtarianism,(as a 'blanket arguement' for becoming a vegetarian), for some societies have to eat meat to survive and others simply cant afford it because of all the standard practices of producing food which are already in place, and which cant be changed quickly because of cost,(and "evil" interests, but I'll leave that alone for now).

Of course if you dont subscribe to karma then all this is bunkem, but whether you are athiests,theist or other, there is no messing with the "Great Magnet", as any seaman will tell you 😉
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 09:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Killing vegetables incurrs much less karma than killing animals.

The hares believe that you can "work off" the karma incurred by eating vegetables in a "short time",(I'm thinking 20 minutes of chanting),whereas you incur too much karma with eating meat.

That is the core belief and certainly , in a country such as ours(australia), everyone could e ...[text shortened]... r other, there is no messing with the "Great Magnet", as any seaman will tell you 😉
    Is the "Great Magnet" like the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a fictional concept
    parodying religion?
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 09:50
    parodying religion?
    Yes, pretty much, although more general.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 18:00
    parodying religion?
    The Great Magnet is like the sea-you'd hate to be swimming against the currents less you keep coming out with these ridiculous, off topic comments to my posts.
    I say unto thee_"troll!!"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree