1. Colorado
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:41
    Originally posted by chinking58
    That's the poiint of my extra point there chessEX. While God is supremely patient with the unrepentent sinner, willing to forgive not only a handful of childish sins, but a lifetime of grievious ones, He holds on to the repentent heart with an eternal grasp, even if the mind changes or wavers or doubts.

Romans 8:38
    For I am convinced that neither ...[text shortened]... and the salvation only supposed. Such a person can't ever really UNrepent for obvious reasons.
    Just because God is always with us does not mean that he dosen't punish those who deserve it.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:42
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    well if so
    the music is like way better in hell than in heaven
    i mean all the metal bands will be there
    jesus christ man in heaven youll get pat boone,
    and john tesh,NOW THAT my friends is truly hell
    I don't think they get to keep their instruments....😛
  3. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:49
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Just because God is always with us does not mean that he dosen't punish those who deserve it.
    We all deserve it! 'All have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God. ' Romans 3:23

And yet He offers the punishment that Jesus suffered in our stead, to be sufficient for even our sins! Those who do not accept this great gift, this payment in full, must then, naturally, pay their own debt. But of course this is impossible; All of our righteousness 'is as filthy rags'.

So, you are right, those who don't receive the GIFT of salvation, can never have salvation, and will then suffer without it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:55
    I don't think the time of God's "punishing" is here yet. That's later, as in the "Lord's Day". The time now is still "Man's Day".
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:05
    2 Corinthians 6:2
    For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

There is a local man that is on deathrow and a lot of people think that he should be set free because he has found God. But I still think that he needs to have his humanly punishment. Because he is a saved man know he will be with the Lord, I think that he probably would want his punishment because he would be with the Lord instead of being behind bars.
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't think the time of God's "punishing" is here yet. That's later, as in the "Lord's Day". The time now is still "Man's Day".
    Do you believe that God judges people when they die?
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:202 edits
    Originally posted by chinking58
    We all deserve it! 'All have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God. ' Romans 3:23

And yet He offers the punishment that Jesus suffered in our stead, to be sufficient for even our sins! Those who do not accept this great gift, this payment in full, must then, naturally, pay their own debt. But of course this is impossible; All of our righteous don't receive the GIFT of salvation, can never have salvation, and will then suffer without it.[/b]

Yes, but this doesn’t mean that there is nothing that we can do about it.

Matt 5:48 Be yee therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect.

And yet He offers the punishment that Jesus suffered in our stead, to be sufficient for even our sins!

Praise God for his mercy.

Those who do not accept this great gift, this payment in full, must then, naturally, pay their own debt. But of course this is impossible; All of our righteousness 'is as filthy rags'.

Hell seems like an effective way to repay unforgiven sins. Would you agree?

So, you are right, those who don't receive the GIFT of salvation, can never have salvation, and will then suffer without it.

Jesus says that he came here to save everybody.

John 12:32 I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.

John 3:17 For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (NKJ)

I think Jesus will do what he came here to do.

Isa. 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Phil. 1:6 He will finish the work that He has begun.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:23
    What does John 3:35-36 read as?
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    2 Corinthians 6:2
    For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

There is a local man that is on deathrow and a lot of people think that he should be set free because he has found God. But I still think that he needs to have his human ...[text shortened]... obably would want his punishment because he would be with the Lord instead of being behind bars.
    I agree inasmuch as this is the time we have been given to find God.
  10. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:27
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Am I going to hell?
    How would I know?? You're not dead yet, so there's still a chance you might change your mind (or technically - have your mind changed). But even if you were to croak in the next few minutes, I still would not know. Only God knows if you truly believe in Jesus as your savior or reject him.
  11. Colorado
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 01:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What does John 3:35-36 read as?
    That those who have accepted God in their lifetime find God’s favor when they die. Those who reject God have some explaining to do.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
    (NKJ)

I believe that God tallies it all up when we die.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 02:03
    Not at that moment, no. At the Judgement, yes. But born again Christians are not judged, only unbelievers.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 02:06
    Not at that moment, no. At the Judgement, yes. But born again Christians are not judged, only unbelievers.
    Baloney. See Matthew 25:31-46.
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 02:06
    So if somebody accepts God they go straight to Heaven with no delay. If somebody rejects God they wait until the day of judgment. Is this correct?

Assuming that this is what you believe, what happens to the unbelievers while they wait for the day of judgment?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 02:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Baloney. See Matthew 25:31-46.
    Why do you try to point something out to a Christian when you are not one. First accept Jesus as your savior then you have the right thereof helping a Christian by showing them that they are wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree