1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 08:09
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If You accept Christ truly in your heart I will say that you will go to heaven.

But if you don't accept Christ then in all probability you will go to hell.
    So, you are saying, albeit in a round-about sort of a way, that you really believe I'm going to go to hell.
  2. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 08:09
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Am I going to hell?
    How would anyone here know? What, do I look like God or something? 😉
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 08:13
    So, you are saying, albeit in a round-about sort of a way, that you really believe I'm going to go to hell.
    It is what the word of God says. without Christ you are nothing.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 08:16
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It is what the word of God says. without Christ you are nothing.
    I'm not really interested in teh word of God.

I want your genuine opinion on the matter.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 08:25
    I'm not really interested in teh word of God.

I want your genuine opinion on the matter.
    Look to Christ if you want answers, I told you already what I thought. Now you need to come to Jesus.
  6. London
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 16:19
    Am I going to hell?
    That depends.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 16:40
    Am I going to hell?
    YES
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 16:48
    Am I going to hell?
    Who knows the future?
  9. Joined
    25 Jun '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 16:48
    Before going to hell make a trip of Vegas and Ibiza.😀
  10. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 16:51
    Mabey if you could find the little green man he may have the answer?
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:16
    The Bible says that if you don't believe in God then you will go to Hell. So if you are an atheist, then you are going to Hell. If that is not what you want, then start reading the Bible or talk to a Christian or you could start going to church. Something like that. Anything so you don't have to go to Hell!
  12. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:30
    So Shavixmir is going to hell, eh?

How much distasteful, credulous, metaphysical absurdity can you fundamentalist nutters swallow?

Look, life is tough. Maybe, in some way we don't understand, it all makes sense in some ineffable metaphysical realm. But where do you guys get off insulting others by confidently declaring they are going to hell, standing before them as judge and jury because of some stuff you personally choose to believe? Don't you have any shred of compassion for your fellow creatures, or is it all set aside so you can construct a glib worldview in which to casually indulge your own smug, egotistical beliefs in your own moral superiority? It's on the basis of faith, not evidence, that you hold your beliefs. So acquire some bloody modesty and fellow-feeling, you psychopathic lunatics!
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:01
    A Lutheran pastor once told this parable, which I found delightful (remember, it’s only a story!).

A man died and found himself standing before the “pearly gates.” St. Peter was there to welcome him. The man began his confession of faith and what he had done with his life, but Peter cut him off: “That’s fine, that’s fine. Look—over there to the right is the pathway to heaven, and over there to the left is the pathway to hell—so just choose and be on your way.”

The man was astounded: “But, but—that’s not the way I was taught it is…”

Peter: “I can’t help that. Please just make your choice and be on your way; others are waiting.”

Man: “You don’t want to know what I believe? Whether or not I have the right faith?”

Peter: “Not really.”

Man (becoming indignant): “Then what was all that religion for! Why did I work so hard to keep the faith and convert others! That doesn’t count at all?”

Peter: “Look, I hope all that made your life more rich and fulfilling. Now, if you would please choose…”

Man: “But that isn’t right! It isn’t fair!”

Peter (impatient now): “I can’t help that! Please, just choose! Others are waiting!”

And very slowly, shaking his head and muttering under his breath, “It isn’t fair, it just isn’t fair…” the man turned to the left and walked away…

(Note: This story reminds me of C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce.)
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:361 edit
    I'm an atheist.
    There are places in the scripture where Jesus says that what we do to others we do to God. Jesus also says that to he who loves much, much will be forgiven.

I don’t know how you live your life, and I don’t know what God’s judgments are. Personally, I think that an atheist who loves other people and is loved in return may get into Heaven. It’s also important not to be judgmental.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when yee shall search for me with all your heart.

Evidence has to be sought after to be found. If you reject the scripture then look within yourself.

Just a suggestion 🙂
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:43
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    There are places in the scripture where Jesus says that what we do to others we do to God. Jesus also says that to he who loves much, much will be forgiven.

I don’t know how you live your life, and I don’t know what God’s judgments are. Personally, I think that an atheist who loves other people and is loved in return may get into Heaven. It’s al ...[text shortened]... ter to be found. If you reject the scripture then look within yourself.

Just a suggestion 🙂
    read the last book in the Bible to see the way God will judge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree