1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:465 edits
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    There are places in the scripture where Jesus says that what we do to others we do to God. Jesus also says that to he who loves much, much will be forgiven.

I don’t know how you live your life, and I don’t know what God’s judgments are. Personally, I think that an atheist who loves other people and is loved in return may get into Heaven. It’s al ...[text shortened]... ter to be found. If you reject the scripture then look within yourself.

Just a suggestion 🙂
    If you reject the scripture then look within yourself.

This is the most sane comment in any of these threads I've read so far.

I now believe that God exists though. And I think there are two possibilities: 1) He's really a sadistic creature. He created us with enough knowledge and senses to recognise the need for criticism and questioning of his creations without letting us get to the answers, or 2) He really doesn't know ****, and he created us as an artifical intelligence project to help him sort things out. That's why we have the ability to question everything we see and hear, and when we've reached a satisfactory answer to his questions he will simply shut us down.

(Perhaps this belongs in another thread, but what the ****)
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:47
    Originally posted by vistesd
    A Lutheran pastor once told this parable, which I found delightful (remember, it’s only a story!).

A man died and found himself standing before the “pearly gates.” St. Peter was there to welcome him. The man began his confession of faith and what he had done with his life, but Peter cut him off: “That’s fine, that’s fine. Look—over there to the ...[text shortened]... left and walked away…

(Note: This story reminds me of C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce.)
    Nice parable. I’m guessing between three or four possible morals to it. Perhaps you could clarify.
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:54
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Nice parable. I’m guessing between three or four possible morals to it. Perhaps you could clarify.
    Thank you. I would’ve guessed that you’d like it. No, I don’t think I want to clarify—interpret it, re-interpret it, engage it, play with it, spin it with your own personal experiences and thinking: that’s what it’s there for… 🙂
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    read the last book in the Bible to see the way God will judge.
    Do you believe that Death will literally become embodied as a horseman?
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:58
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Thank you. I would’ve guessed that you’d like it. No, I don’t think I want to clarify—interpret it, re-interpret it, engage it, play with it, spin it with your own personal experiences and thinking: that’s what it’s there for… 🙂
    Figures...🙂
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    If you reject the scripture then look within yourself.

I now believe that God exists though. And I think there are two possibilities: 1) He's really a sadistic creature. He created us with enough knowledge and senses to recognise the need for criticism and questioning of his ...[text shortened]... ions he will simply shut us down.

(Perhaps this belongs in another thread, but what the ****)[/b]

Thank you. According to scripture, this answer makes the most sense.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Is.55:8-9. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

No Christian knows God’s judgments, and so no Christian has the right to tell another that they are going to hell.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Col 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

The answers are within us.

I John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Loving one another brings us to God, because when we love another we love God. Also Matt 25:42-45.

I now believe that God exists though. And I think there are two possibilities: 1) He's really a sadistic creature. He created us with enough knowledge and senses to recognise the need for criticism and questioning of his creations without letting us get to the answers, or 2) He really doesn't know ****, and he created us as an artifical intelligence project to help him sort things out. That's why we have the ability to question everything we see and hear, and when we've reached a satisfactory answer to his questions he will simply shut us down.

I offer a third possibility. God loves us all, and suffers along with us through all the trouble. We are the sadistic creatures that don’t know ****.
  7. Jupiter
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 21:59
    Does jesus read Spirituality posts on RHP ? If not, and unless any of you godfearers squeal when you get up there, there's a good chance he may squeeze in. If so, what is jesus' rating, and does he ask dad for divine inspriation (or cheating) when he gets pinned ?

Either way. If the BS that is spouted by most christians is indicative of the level of conversation in heaven, I'd be happier in the warm place, even if it does entail eternal torture.
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:18
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Am I going to hell?
    You have hope.🙂
  9. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Look to Christ if you want answers, I told you already what I thought. Now you need to come to Jesus.
    Well done!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:37
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Am I going to hell?
    Yes you are, if you reject the only saviour that God accepts you are on
    your own standing in your own righteousness.
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes you are, if you reject the only saviour that God accepts you are on
    your own standing in your own righteousness.
    Kelly
    Not if you save him!If you save him he goes to heaven.
  12. Cosmos
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:42
    Originally posted by fooey
    Does jesus read Spirituality posts on RHP ? If not, and unless any of you godfearers squeal when you get up there, there's a good chance he may squeeze in. If so, what is jesus' rating, and does he ask dad for divine inspriation (or cheating) when he gets pinned ?

Either way. If the BS that is spouted by most christians is indicative of the level of conversation in heaven, I'd be happier in the warm place, even if it does entail eternal torture.
    Absolutely - I hear you, brother.

I could think of nothing more tortuous than conversing with complete cretins like Xstians for all eternity!
  13. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:44
    It's the little green man!
  14. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:44
    WOW!
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 03:53
    Originally posted by windmill
    WOW!
    I knew I should have registered that line!

Damn you.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree