1. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 10:39
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    After all this time don't you guys get it? The God we believe in is not the god you don't believe in.
    Thats because you keep the God you believe in a secret. If we ask you what god you believe in you will instruct us to join your sect first before we can learn the secret.
    You also forgot to point out that the god you believe in is not the god that every other Christian poster believes in so the us of "we" in your post was misleading.
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 10:54
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So if someone would believe in him, but think he's a monster, God would extend his grace to that person?
    I would never place limits to how far God's grace might extend. He was crucified for us remember? So I don't think reaching out to someone who has misconceptions about who he really is is a big deal for him.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 13:56
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    even though i am not a theist anymore. 😕 at night i pray and i think it is out of fear, a just-in-case type of thing. any comments/criticisms/explanations are welcome. i thought it might be an interesting topic and it is true, not made up.
    I don't think its a very interesting topic.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 22:55
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I would never place limits to how far God's grace might extend. He was crucified for us remember? So I don't think reaching out to someone who has misconceptions about who he really is is a big deal for him.
    But reaching out to someone who doesn't believe in him (due to misconceptions, lack of evidence or lack of information) would be a big deal for him?
  5. The sky
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 23:41
    Originally posted by Red Night
    We have been here before and the thought is too complicated to fully express on a forum.

It is possible that we are merely toads imagining we are humans. It is possible that all around us is just an illusion.

Reality is what we perceive it to be. On some levels, if not many levels, the belief in god makes him/her real. Even the belief in the non-existence of God makes him/her/it real.
    I agree with you that it's possible or even likely that some of the things we consider real are mere illusions. I also agree with you that beliefs or mental constructs can influence our behaviour and feelings and can thus change society and culture. But I don't follow when you somehow from this jump to the conclusion that believing in something makes it real. Let's take an example: If I would believe that there's an abyss in front of me, it will certainly influence my behaviour - I won't take a step forwards. I may also feel fear. However, if someone pushes me over what I believe to be the edge, not much will happen unless the abyss is really there. Also, someone else who doesn't share my belief would step forwards without fear and without anything bad happening. On the other hand, if there were a real abyss, but I didn't know or believe it, it wouldn't influence my behaviour, but I would die if I'd take a step forwards. My belief in an abyss and a real abyss are two separate things, and they affect me in completely different ways.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 03:562 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    No he doesn't. As a matter of fact God is extending his grace to any one and every one who believes.
    If God were "persecuting" people, why are you still alive?
    Exodus 23:24, 34:11-14

Deuteronomy 6:14-15

That's just to start. I could find so many examples of persecution...

I am still alive because when God persecutes, he doesn't necessarily kill people by his own hand. Often he commands his worshippers to do the dirty work.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 22:06
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    But reaching out to someone who doesn't believe in him (due to misconceptions, lack of evidence or lack of information) would be a big deal for him?
    Not at all. The hard part is getting the person to reach out to God . But then if we were just robots he could flick a switch......

Once you find God you realise he was reaching out to you all along , you just didn't see it at the time.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 00:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I like Hermes and Apollo
    I like Apollo too - it's the strip bar down the road from where I used to live!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree