1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 07:342 edits
    even though i am not a theist anymore. 😕 at night i pray and i think it is out of fear, a just-in-case type of thing. any comments/criticisms/explanations are welcome. i thought it might be an interesting topic and it is true, not made up.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 08:10
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    even though i am not a theist anymore. 😕 at night i pray and i think it is out of fear, a just-in-case type of thing. any comments/criticisms/explanations are welcome. i thought it might be an interesting topic and it is true, not made up.
    Nah, that's just habit. Don't sweat it.
  3. England
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 11:28
    you are a lukewarm christian, not sure either way, when you pray ask for guidence, first.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 13:02
    You just don't understand statistics or have fallen for an illusion of some sort. There are so many possibilities when it comes to hypothetical supernatural being scenarios that the chances that the one you are going with 'just in case' is correct is so minuscule as to be ridiculous. If you really try for the 'just in case' then you would have to pray to every God / god ever dreamt up by humans and maybe to a few inventions of your own, just for good measure. But even then the fact that you are praying to any god at all might land you in hell for blasphemy against one of the other gods who doesn't like sharing.
    At some point you need to simply realize that:
    1. There is not God and you have nothing to fear.
    2. The Christian God just doesn't make logical sense anyway and if there was a god/God it is far more sensible to think that he/she would not send you to eternal punishment for not believing in him/her but would be far more concerned about how you treat your fellow man (on that point Jesus seems to agree with me). So maybe you should be helping out your fellow man 'just in case' and quit the praying.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 13:04
    T.Head takes things very seriously.... maybe you are still a Christian!!!
  6. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 15:37
    That's quite embarassing. At least it's something you keep to yourself, you're fine to do it.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 15:42
    It's a form of meditation, visualization and self-exploration. I "pray" to gods sometimes; I like Hermes and Apollo because they represent commerce and the sun. These help me keep my mind on being employed and calm me, because my biggest worry has been for a long time money. Now I'm doing ok, but I still have the lingering fears of being unemployed so I "pray" to these "gods" I don't believe in.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 16:49
    Fear of what? That you might be wrong?

Ask yourself why you need God. You might find the answer interesting.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 16:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Fear of what? That you might be wrong?

Ask yourself why you need God. You might find the answer interesting.
    One does not need to need God to fear the possibility that he exists. Remember, God, if he exists, actively persecutes people who don't worship him.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 17:05
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    One does not need to need God to fear the possibility that he exists. Remember, God, if he exists, actively persecutes people who don't worship him.
    No he doesn't. As a matter of fact God is extending his grace to any one and every one who believes.
    If God were "persecuting" people, why are you still alive?
  11. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 17:15
    No he doesn't. As a matter of fact God is extending his grace to any one and every one who believes.
    If God were "persecuting" people, why are you still alive?
    Hear hear,well said!!!
  12. The sky
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 17:22
    So if someone would believe in him, but think he's a monster, God would extend his grace to that person?
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 17:29
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So if someone would believe in him, but think he's a monster, God would extend his grace to that person?
    Why would you believe him to be a monster...i think you are confusing God with Satan!
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 20:47
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Today, in this present dispensation, one cannot out-sin Grace.
    Don't be foolish. That doesn't mean we have a licence to sin.

"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid."

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 20:56
    Today, in this present dispensation, one cannot out-sin Grace.
    Don't be foolish. That doesn't mean we have a licence to sin.

"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid."

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
    "Hark, the herald angels sing, the easter bunny's got some bling"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree