1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 10:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'm quite sure you thought this out if God acted and thought like you do.
    Kelly
    so you would love a petty, vengeful, wrathful, genocidal, infanticidal, sexist, unfair, homophobic, jealous much more than a fair, more distant god who is more of a shepherd than a punisher?

in other words, the atheist pictures a god closer to what jesus preached than the christian
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 13:021 edit
    if god exists what are the christians going to do then. they get to live forever in gods kingdom. okay it sounds fun for a while, but then what? there is only so much of doing the same stuff over and over again a person can take. i get the feeling most christians havent really thought about what eternity would be like. how difficult is it going to be for all the people being from different periods of time with different ways of living to get along. what about the people who's partner dies and then re-marry thats going to be very awkward. What about gods love? an eternity of amazing love from god, again, its okay for a while but then you will need to get away. there is only so much love a person can take. im also confused about what type of love he has for us. It must be parental, but who wants to live and keep their parents around for ever. do we really need love so much that its worth putting up with all the other crap that is done in the name of god. If god exists then his existence is no longer needed. he should leave us alone and go and bother some other planet or start another universe.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 14:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so you would love a petty, vengeful, wrathful, genocidal, infanticidal, sexist, unfair, homophobic, jealous much more than a fair, more distant god who is more of a shepherd than a punisher?

in other words, the atheist pictures a god closer to what jesus preached than the christian
    I'd prefer a race of man who doesn't kill, murder, rape, steal, lie, cheat, and so
    on and I'm thankful that the real God has mercy on us when we don't deserve it.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 14:47
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Yep...doesn't matter how incalculably unfeasible it would be to suppose that the implications of all these bits of data are a mere conspiracy, an almighty coincidence of errant interpretation...

If it contradicts the talking snake theory of mans' origin we must stand firm to the charge that the scientists are reading it all wrong!
    It really does not matter how many of us believe something or who those are
    that do, if they are wrong they are wrong, including people who believe in God.
    You can look at all the data you see around you and proclaim your conclusions
    are flawless, be my guess.
    Kelly
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 15:00
    It really does not matter how many of us believe something or who those are
    that do, if they are wrong they are wrong, including people who believe in God.
    You can look at all the data you see around you and proclaim your conclusions
    are flawless, be my guess.
    Kelly
    Why do you insist we think our conclusions are flawless? Like the recent flap over what might be faster than light neutrino's, we can go into a lot of wishful thinking we now can make some kind of faster than light propulsion system or some such but the whole flap may be just a case of a bad fiber optic connection. Of course science can be flawed.

Science gets a lot of stuff spot on too. Like we know for a fact too much methane in the atmosphere leads to higher temperature on Earth.

We make guesses as to how life started but that is not the job of evolutionary biologists but you automatically link the start of life with evolution, two separate sciences.

The thing about your religion is it cannot change no matter WHAT changes in science or technology. It wouldn't matter if scientists created life out of a pile of tire irons, there would be no convincing the religiously blind that anything man can do would be even close to what you assume your god can do.

If Jesus came back today you would most likely label him a fraud.

In short, no matter how things go scientifically, technologically, socially, psychologically, you cannot change your stance. That makes you the odd man out in the world, you being the billions of those duped by various religions.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 15:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do you insist we think our conclusions are flawless? Like the recent flap over what might be faster than light neutrino's, we can go into a lot of wishful thinking we now can make some kind of faster than light propulsion system or some such but the whole flap may be just a case of a bad fiber optic connection. Of course science can be flawed.

Scien ...[text shortened]... you the odd man out in the world, you being the billions of those duped by various religions.
    The difference between me and you on science at least those things we have
    talked about is I don't call some of the things you believe about the distant
    past facts, and I admit I can be wrong about my views about them. You take
    that as some kind of slam on all of science which I do, I simply acknowledge our
    limitations as I see them. I think as one has claimed here that they are spot
    on on the distant dates and ages they are not wrong, now if you think you
    cannot be wrong about your views on the past you are no different.

You keep bringing up God to use as a cause for my not accepting your views,
    I don't you do! My constant point to you is since you don't know how all of
    this got here, you musing over things will no show you how, but it may give
    you ideas on what could have happened, there is a difference.
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 15:10

Scien ...[text shortened]... you the odd man out in the world, you being the billions of those duped by various religions.
    "If Jesus came back today you would most likely label him a fraud"

I do believe Jesus is coming back, and when He does no one will doubt who
    He is.
    Kelly
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 15:44

He is.
    Kelly
    Good luck on that one. Don't hold your breath. It's been 2,000 odd years now, so don't sell all your stuff just yet.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 23:05

He is.
    Kelly
    i dont think people would take much notice if he did turn up. things have changed its not 32ad anymore, we demand much more from our messiahs theses days not just cheap parlor tricks and lectures.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 02:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i dont think people would take much notice if he did turn up. things have changed its not 32ad anymore, we demand much more from our messiahs theses days not just cheap parlor tricks and lectures.
    We'd ask him stuff like 'what do you plan to do about Somalia'? Can you stop the massacres? Any help for the reactor in Japan? Maybe you could show us how to make a megawatt power generator that produces no radiation and is the size of a D cell......
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 03:08
    Abraham Lincoln's comment about God in 1863:

YouTube&feature=related
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 03:40
    Good luck on that one. Don't hold your breath. It's been 2,000 odd years now, so don't sell all your stuff just yet.
    Yea, I'm not one of those who claim to know...personally I think of it almost like
    the day we die. For most of us we live our lives as if our lives will go on
    forever, and then they don't for some reason. Some of us know it’s coming,
    those that are dying slow deaths, but for a lot of us, today we are here and
    tomorrow we are not. The end is coming for us all, one way or another. Then
    the question about God will be answered with joy for some and dread for
    others and no amount of stuff you acquire in this life will change that.
    Kelly
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 04:563 edits
    Yea, I'm not one of those who claim to know...personally I think of it almost like
    the day we die. For most of us we live our lives as if our lives will go on
    forever, and then they don't for some reason. Some of us know it’s coming,
    those that are dying slow deaths, but for a lot of us, today we are here and
    tomorrow we are not. The end is coming for ...[text shortened]... and dread for
    others and no amount of stuff you acquire in this life will change that.
    Kelly
    Here is the problem with that. You act as if your god is GOING to judge you when you die. If this god of yours is timeless, that is to say, sees everything in the universe as if it were one frame of a movie, it already knows what judgement is rendered so this god would know every everything about you in your past, your present and your future as well as everyone else in the universe, presumably all other intelligent life forms in the universe as well.

Your god would view the entire universe as a big painting, knowing the exact moment of every person's birth, full life, and death. So there would be no judgement after you die. You are already judged if that god really existed.

And knowing that, there would be no need for a heaven or hell. We would be what we would be, your god would know exactly where every atom in the universe was, is, and will be in the far far future.

In my mind, the more you look at the big picture like that, the more ridiculous it is for us to have made up such a god.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 05:06
    Here is the problem with that. You act as if your god is GOING to judge you when you die. If this god of yours is timeless, that is to say, sees everything in the universe as if it were one frame of a movie, it already knows what judgement is rendered so this god would know every everything about you in your past, your present and your future as well as eve ...[text shortened]... look at the big picture like that, the more ridiculous it is for us to have made up such a god.
    What makes you think you know all this? We Christians have the Holy Bible
    and the Holy Spirit. What infallible source do you have that you rely on for
    the truth?
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 06:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What makes you think you know all this? We Christians have the Holy Bible
    and the Holy Spirit. What infallible source do you have that you rely on for
    the truth?
    misnomer. christian and infallible don't mix.

even if the bible and holy spirit are infallible (doubtful on both counts, but for the sake of argument, we'll assume that they are infallible), it's obvious that christians aren't getting a coherent message from these two sources. tens of thousands of christian denominations and sects are testament to that failure. ergo, both the bible and holy spirit are completely unreliable sources for truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree