If anyone is contemplating suicide.

If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18
1 edit

Just because the New Testament does not make something a criteria for salvation does not mean that something is of no importance to full salvation or to God.

the attitude of "What is the minimum about I need to just get over the threshold of salvation?" is should not be the preoccupation of one growing in Christ after many years.

God desires all men to be saved ... AND ...to come to the full knowledge of the truth.

" ... our Savior God, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth." (First Timothy 2:3b-4)

Some people seem to think the only thing that God cares about is that one get saved.
But the verse says He cares that they be saved AND "come to the full knowledge of the truth.".

So whenever a sectarian person presses a Christian "Do I need this or that to be SAVED?? Huh? Huh? Gotcha!"

Be careful that what they may really be manifesting that they only care about the self centered result of their salvation.
They got what THEY want. Nothing ELSE matters.

But God says He desires their salvation and that they also come to the full knowledge of the truth.
A fuller knowledge of the TRUTH involves knowing the Father - Son - Holy Spirit as God working together for the accomplishment of His eternal purpose.

"We will come to him and make an abode with him."
says John 14:23 indicating not just salvation but the Triune God desiring to make a living ABODE with the one whom He saves.

Praise God for the fuller and fuller knowledge of the truth of God's nature and plan.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18

If that post was too long for anyone, the short version is that God desires the minimum that all men be saved. He doesn't STOP there as if that is the only important thing. He desires also the all saved would come to the full knowledge of the truth.

" ... our Savior God, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth." (First Timothy 2:3b-4)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18
2 edits

Sonship, for someone who comes here to proselytise you do nothing more than bring the faith into disrepute.

You see when Divegeester is mad he resorts to charges. In this case .... the horrid charge of .... PROSELYTISING!

See? When he gets his exegetical butt handed to him then you're PROSELYTISING. Ooooooo!

Stay tuned. From here he'll probably play the PLAGIARIZING card next, or the Hairbrush, or the waffle. or whatever other substitute he has for vindicating his bad teachings.

Moves
13 Nov 18

Why are you scared to answer my questions sonship?

Moves
13 Nov 18

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18

@divegeester

Be careful you don't dislocate your shoulder blade patting yourself on the back there Scary.

Moves
13 Nov 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

Be careful you don't dislocate your shoulder blade patting yourself on the back there Scary.
Why won’t you answer my questions sonship?

I answered all of yours.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18

Back to the matter of terminating one's self in suicide.

Christ's death can work for us. Did you all know that?
Christ's dying is a power that can operate within us to kill of many "germ" like things which trouble us.

It is completely true.

It says One died therefore ALL DIED.

For the love of Christ constrains us becasue we have judged this, that One died for all, therefore all died. ( 2 Cor. 14)

We have to learn to appropriate this gold by faith. The blessings of the New Testament are appropriated by a little faith, standing on His word.

Christ died. Therefore potentially ALL DIED. Don't suicide yourself. Stand on the word of God, Christ DIED for everyone.

Moves
13 Nov 18

Moves
13 Nov 18

Sonship, I faithfully answered every one of the many questions you put to me, I did so with absolute honesty, with “yes or “no” where you requested. Now will you some some Christian honestly and answer my two please:

1) I accept Jesus Christ as my saviour. But will my subsequent rejection of the trinity doctrine in any way risk me being precluded from salvation. Yes or no?

And

2) Is the book of Revelation intended to be interpreted as being entirely literal, yes or no?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18

This is golden stuff.

Christ died for all, that those who are attached to Him might no longer live to themselves but to Him who also rose from the dead.

" For the love of Christ constrains us because we have judged this, that One died for all, therefore all died.

And He died for all that those who live may no longer live to themselves but to Him who died for them and has been raised." (2 Cor. 5:14,15)

We have to learn to go to the Holy Spirit and APPLY the work of Christ to operate over our own beings.
It is all there fore us.
All that He obtained and attained is there for us.

Moves
13 Nov 18

Moves
13 Nov 18

Meh, what’s the use. The point is made.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18

@divegeester
Who said Jesus was not on this Forum? We have the New Testament. We have the whole Holy Bible.

Since we have His words, in a real sense Jesus IS on the Forum. Point made.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18
2 edits

@divegeester

I answered all of yours.

You ducked the question on Isaiah 9:6 for some reason.

The Son is called Eternal Father. There is only ONE divine Father who is eternal - the Father of the Trinity.

Now the Son and the Father are the divine "We" (John 14:23) to come and make an abode with the lovers of Jesus.

Praise the Lord for God's three-one nature - a great and wonderful mystery. Amen ?