1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 17:351 edit
    YouTube&feature=watch_response

Would that be a good thing?

And here, an analysis of most peaceful countries vs level of atheism in the population:

YouTube&feature=related

Two telling video's

Which shows what I have said all along, religions are deathtraps.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 18:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuWjKqlRAUk&feature=watch_response

And here, an analysis of most peaceful countries vs level of atheism in the population:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA&feature=related

Two telling video's

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

I wager you have no idea how that relates to what you've been saying all along.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 19:03
    Originally posted by josephw

Well lets see. Does the word Crusades come to mind? How about Intifada?
    Yessir, fun times with those two words.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 19:05

http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/house.htm'

It goes on:

"I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved -- I do not expect the house to fall -- but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other."

Springfield, Illinois
    June 16, 1858

The situation with religion is reversed. The actions needed to make America all one thing or all the other will destroy its government. I suppose some people wouldn't mind that.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 19:10
    Well lets see. Does the word Crusades come to mind? How about Intifada?
    Yessir, fun times with those two words.
    You didn't get it.

I'd love to explain, I really would, but then you still wouldn't get it. In fact, if I told you the sky was blue you wouldn't believe me.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 19:271 edit
    You didn't get it.

I'd love to explain, I really would, but then you still wouldn't get it. In fact, if I told you the sky was blue you wouldn't believe me.
    I have been saying all along that religions engage in religious wars. You cannot dispute that. Religions are there to control people. Pure and simple. 10,000 years ago people did not have intermediaries in spirituality, they were free to pursue whatever they thought was spiritual, guided by the village shaman, a form of intermediary but the shaman never told you what to worship or let guide you.

Modern religions tell you up front, as in christianity, you are born into sin, therefore you are dirt from day one. A shaman would have NEVER said something as filthy as that.

Besides, if the first video came true, you should be happy, no divided house.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 19:52
    I have been saying all along that religions engage in religious wars. You cannot dispute that. Religions are there to control people. Pure and simple. 10,000 years ago people did not have intermediaries in spirituality, they were free to pursue whatever they thought was spiritual, guided by the village shaman, a form of intermediary but the shaman never tol ...[text shortened]... filthy as that.

Besides, if the first video came true, you should be happy, no divided house.
    I was referring to Satan's house.

Your analysis and perspective of world events and their causes is shallow and superficial. You're convinced that you're right and those who believe in God are wrong and are the reason for war, death and destruction. Nothing I can say will penetrate your defence. You are sin free. Enjoy your life now while you still can.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 20:141 edit
    I was referring to Satan's house.

Your analysis and perspective of world events and their causes is shallow and superficial. You're convinced that you're right and those who believe in God are wrong and are the reason for war, death and destruction. Nothing I can say will penetrate your defence. You are sin free. Enjoy your life now while you still can.
    Where did I ever say believing in some god is wrong? You don't seem to be able to tell the difference. I dislike organized religions because they all think they are the only real religion and always start wars to prove it.

Saying things like 'you are sin free' is mere sarcasm. You have no power to pronounce me either sin free or sinful.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 23:51
    Where did I ever say believing in some god is wrong? You don't seem to be able to tell the difference. I dislike organized religions because they all think they are the only real religion and always start wars to prove it.

Saying things like 'you are sin free' is mere sarcasm. You have no power to pronounce me either sin free or sinful.
    Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I dislike organized religion as much as you. Wars are not started by religions. Wars are started by men, and sometimes in the name of God. That's wrong isn't it?

It's a long story sonhouse. Very complicated. There is only one institution in existence created by God that comes to us from the beginning. Marriage. The other institution created by God that exists in this world today is the Church. Not the church you see which is organized and instituted by man, but an invisible entity which is controlled and inhabited by God.

Don't be too quick to scoff sonhouse. What you "see" and perceive through your senses is designed to confuse you. You are baffled by it all aren't you? You are swimming in an ocean of confusion, and try as you might, you can't get to the bottom of it.

Swim to the surface. There's someone there ready to take your hand and pull you up to safety.

That's a metaphor for something deeply spiritual. Only when you arrive safely in His arms will you begin to understand the truth about it all.

God cannot lie.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 00:42
    God cannot lie. ... neither can the Tooth Fairy
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 00:51
    Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I dislike organized religion as much as you. Wars are not started by religions. Wars are started by men, and sometimes in the name of God. That's wrong isn't it?

It's a long story sonhouse. Very complicated. There is only one institution in existence created by God that comes to us from the beginning. Marriage. The other in ...[text shortened]... ly in His arms will you begin to understand the truth about it all.

God cannot lie.
    Marriage came from god? Marriage was an informal affair until around the 12th century or so, before that, it was just a matter of either saying 'we are married' or registered with authorities, maybe the church, but it wasn't a religious union till much later.

Wars are started by people of course, but in the name of religion. Like you say, wars are started by men. How many wars were started by women?

One war kills a billion attaboys if done for religious reasons.

Religion was started by men not god. There is nothing in your bible that requires a godly level of wisdom. Ordinary genius is plenty good enough. There comes moral laws every year, from thousands of people, no god needed. They may SAY it came from a god but it really comes just from the mind of men.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 01:26
    Marriage came from god? Marriage was an informal affair until around the 12th century or so, before that, it was just a matter of either saying 'we are married' or registered with authorities, maybe the church, but it wasn't a religious union till much later.

Wars are started by people of course, but in the name of religion. Like you say, wars are star ...[text shortened]... no god needed. They may SAY it came from a god but it really comes just from the mind of men.
    You say you have lived a full life of 70 years. I say the end is coming
    soon. So, you better get right with the Lord and savior Jesus the Christ.
    You don't have much time left.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 03:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You say you have lived a full life of 70 years. I say the end is coming
    soon. So, you better get right with the Lord and savior Jesus the Christ.
    You don't have much time left.
    I am always amazed how you guys can talk past each other so often and conveniantly ignore the questions I want answered most, (whether they are asked by me or someone else), let alone ignoring the germane points of most posts directed at you.
    There is not much reason or logic in your posts and I'm surprised more people haven't ignored you. (I wont ignore anyone-it's not my style, but I dont think other posters are like me) .

I dont subscribe to the label "athiest", but definatley find the athiest posters on here ,by and large, more intelligent, informative, interesitng, moving (even), etc.

So how do you see yourself going on these forums? Do you think you are doing your cause more good than bad?

So , after all that, let me address your post. Eternity is timelss ,so it follows that if one gets into the spirit of their origonal natures it will not matter how old one is.
    I respect my elders as a rule but I respect enlightenment more.
    So this business about not having much time is silly. It's silly because our eternal natures arte not bound by time.
    (Now I have just repeated my self in the hope that you may actually find yourself in the same ballpark as me,we can take it from there if you wish, but if we are not on the same page then there is no progress to be made)
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 10:58
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuWjKqlRAUk&feature=watch_response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA&feature=related

Two telling video's

yeh, you are much better than religious fundies who claim atheism is wretched and dooms everyone it touches.

you are rational.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 12:50
    Pure and simple. 10,000 years ago people did not have intermediaries in spirituality, they were free to pursue whatever they thought was spiritual, guided by the village shaman, a form of intermediary but the shaman never told you what to worship or let guide you.
    What a load of nonsense. I hate it when people have happy thoughts about the past and assume that all traditions were perfect in the past and that people were so nice.

As long as religious beliefs have existed there have been people who take advantage of it and I am sure that village shamans were no exception.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree