If God Created the Universe

If God Created the Universe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
I ask because their point of view is like yours, when God created everything, everything is fresh and starts aging from there.

I believe this is a faulty assumption.
Their point of view is not like mine. They don't believe and have no faith.

If you think Adam began to age after he was created, then you are mistaken. Adam began to age after he sinned.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @josephw
Their point of view is not like mine. They don't believe and have no faith.

If you think Adam began to age after he was created, then you are mistaken. Adam began to age after he sinned.
Their point of view of if God did create the world, is like yours who does believe.

You have no clue what I am asking. Perhaps you are just the other side of the same coin.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Oct 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
The OP asked us to assume the creation account is true. Then you come to bash the people willing to play ball?

Ever heard of arguing from hypothesis? You can follow premises to a conclusion even if you don't agree with the premises.

This is basic stuff in logical argumentation.
You're out of context. Learn to read and follow the thread.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Oct 17

Their point of view of if God did create the world, is like yours who does believe.

You have no clue what I am asking. Perhaps you are just the other side of the same coin.
"Their point of view of if God did create the world, is like yours who does believe."

Where did you learn grammar?

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

[b]"Their point of view of if God did create the world, is like yours who does believe."

Where did you learn grammar?[/b]
Way to avoid the point.

You are just like them in your faulty assumption.

I never asked if Adam aged. I never asked if Adam had zits.

I asked how old would he appear.

The same could be asked about the universe. How old would it appear at the moment of creation?

How long did it take the first star light to reach earth?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

Really? You have answered my question about Adam?
Not yet, but I have answered others. [It is cheap to accuse of me of not playing along just because I didn't answer one question out of 3-4 that you asked in a single post!]

In my next post, I'll answer that question.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Not yet, but I have answered others. [It is cheap to accuse of me of not playing along just because I didn't answer one question out of 3-4 that you asked in a single post!]

In my next post, I'll answer that question.
Others are tangents to the topic of the thread. They are not the official topic. Hopefully you can get around to the actual topic of the thread.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

Really? You have answered my question about Adam?
"Adam" is symbolic of the first evolved human - homo sapiens. He was conceived in a womb and born just like all other human babies. Difference is, he got favorable DNA [probably due to a copying error] that set him apart from his ancestors.

Over time, this "Adamic" DNA multiplied due to its survival advantages over the other apes.

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

"Adam" is symbolic of the first evolved human - homo sapiens. He was conceived in a womb and born just like all other human babies. Difference is, he got favorable DNA [probably due to a copying error] that set him apart from his ancestors.

Over time, this "Adamic" DNA multiplied due to its survival advantages over the other apes.
The assumption in this thread is that the Genesis account is literally true.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

Others are tangents to the topic of the thread. They are not the official topic. Hopefully you can get around to the actual topic of the thread.
Did I not answer your other questions about how old the earth was? And how old the stars were? And your first one about how old the universe would appear to be?

Does your memory suck this bad, or are you just being disingenuous? 🙄

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

The assumption in this thread is that the Genesis account is literally true.
Nope! Nice try. You added a word. The OP is, and I quote:

If we assume that the Biblical account of creation is true, how old would the universe appear moments after it was created?

The word "literal" is not in there.

Disingenuous, it is.

Save it for people who won't notice. I'm going to call you out on it every time.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

You're out of context. Learn to read and follow the thread.
FAIL

E

Moves
08 Oct 17

Nope! Nice try. You added a word. The OP is, and I quote:

If we assume that the Biblical account of creation is true, how old would the universe appear moments after it was created?

The word "literal" is not in there.

Disingenuous, it is.

Save it for people who won't notice. I'm going to call you out on it every time.
Sorry that was the intent. If you have no interest in such a discussion then leave the thread.

If you wish to contribute continue.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

Sorry that was the intent. If you have no interest in such a discussion then leave the thread.

Are you using the order of creation of Genesis 1, or the order of creation of Genesis of 2? They're contradictory.

If you want a literalist interpretation to be used, you must resolve the contradiction. Throw one or the other out, please, so it is clear what we are assuming.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 17

And my initial answer to the modified question,

"If we assume that the Biblical account of creation is true, how old would the universe appear moments after it was created?"

is modified to:

The universe, with a correct understanding of how it works on the part of the observer, would appear to be moments old. Modern science would have to be wrong about billions of years. All that we think we know is somehow wrong. But I have no proof of why it is wrong, so that is the best I can do.