Third dodge noted.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 01:28
    Originally posted by @vivify
    No idea.

Third dodge noted.
    Would he look more like 1 hour old or 20 years old?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 01:32
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Would he look more like 1 hour old or 20 years old?
    So I guess the way for you to keep on believing in your faith is to dodge any questions that make you actually think about it.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 01:372 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    So I guess the way for you to keep on believing in your faith is to dodge any questions that make you actually think about it.
    I answered your question.

Now give a serious answer to mine.

How much time did it take for the stars' light to reach the earth the moment the stars were created? Were the stars stationary or were they moving as they are today?
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 03:35
    Really? What do you mean by that? How long did it take the earth to form and the stars to fill the night's aky?
    Earth: around 4 billion years.
    Stars: they have a variety of ages.

I am taking the tack that the Divine Creation account of the Bible does not contradict scientific findings. This means that I do not interpret the days of creation as literal days.

In Daniel 9, if it is a prophecy of Jesus being the Messiah, then the weeks are not literal weeks, but "weeks of years". I will interpret the Genesis days in similar fashion.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 07:37
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem

I am taking the tack that the Divine Creation account of the Bible does not contradict scientific findings. This means that I do not interpret the days of creation as literal days.

In Daniel 9, if it is a prophecy of Jesus being the Messiah, then the weeks are not literal weeks, but "weeks of years". I will interpret the Genesis days in similar fashion.
    Indeed. People who take the 'days' of creation literally simply don't understand how 'day' is used elsewhere in the bible.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 10:56
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Indeed. People who take the 'days' of creation literally simply don't understand how 'day' is used elsewhere in the bible.
    The writer knew what a day was, people simply refuse to acknowledge God's creation.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 11:57
    How old would Adam have looked moments after creation?
    Exactly as he looked the moment he was created. Brand new, and Adam would have remained looking new forever if he hadn't disobeyed God.

Everything looks old now.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 12:24
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    The writer knew what a day was, people simply refuse to acknowledge God's creation.
    So, your assertion is that 'day' in the bible always means a literal day? (Careful now. Perhaps do a little research before answering).
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 12:32
    So, your assertion is that 'day' in the bible always means a literal day? (Careful now. Perhaps do a little research before answering).
    LOL, you should talk when it comes to scripture. I've done the research.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 14:30
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem

God created each with its age at that moment.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Exactly as he looked the moment he was created. Brand new, and Adam would have remained looking new forever if he hadn't disobeyed God.

Everything looks old now.
    I asked physical age. Would he appear to be 3? Would he appear to be about 8?

I would guess somewhere between 16 and 30.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 15:051 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    LOL, you should talk when it comes to scripture. I've done the research.
    🙂

In Matt 24:37 we have 'days' referring to an era - "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." (While in Genesis 8:22 we have 'day' as the span of human history).

Isiah 9:4 of course uses 'day' to record a memorable event - "For as in the day of Midian’s defeat, you have shattered the yoke that burdens them..."

'The term often has a metaphorical meaning. A "day" is important largely for what fills it rather than for its chronological dimension. - The "Day" and Cosmic Order. The "days of creation" in Genesis 1, given the semipoetic nature of the composition, are quite possibly intended as literary devices, division markers as in a mosaic. The refrain, "And there was evening, and there was morning, " speaks not only of sequence but of an order that is affirmed following the flood as a foundational element in creation and as an answer to chaos and destruction ( Gen 8:22 ). The succession of days is testimony to a God whose governance of the universe is not haphazard but marked by order and, especially, reliability. The regularity of day and night guarantees God's promises in history as trustworthy. So when God makes a new covenant and assures Israel of continuing as a nation indefinitely, God offers the constancy of the cosmic order ("he who appoints the sun to shine by day" ) as his credentials for following through on his intention ( Jer 31:35-37 ) '

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/day/
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 15:07
    God created each with its age at that moment.
    God created the universe with each piece having the maturity it needed to sustain itself
    and do all that was required. Age is the passaged of time it was there, if God just created
    it than the time passing from that moment on dictates the time, not how old it looks,
    because as the old saying goes, looks can be deceiving. A mature man not a child from
    day one, stars seen the moment they were created, mature process put in place, age is
    still determine by time passage not, how old it looks.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 15:11
    🙂

In Matt 24:37 we have 'days' referring to an era - "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." (While in Genesis 8:22 we have 'day' as the span of human history).

Isiah 9:4 of course uses 'day' to record a memorable event - "For as in the day of Midian’s defeat, you have shattered the yoke that burdens th ...[text shortened]... through on his intention ( Jer 31:35-37 ) '

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/day/
    The arguments you try to make here are the arguments of a simpleton.

Are you actually being serious? If so, your point of view about the Bible is reflected in your argument. You view the Bible with no repect. You believe those who believe in the Bible are simpletons. Your argument either reflects you or your view of those who believe the Bible. I'll be generous and assume the latter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree