1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:12
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    God could have used raw materials that had been lying around for millions of years.
    Or not!
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:16
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Or not!
    Exactly, who knows?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:241 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I'm not dodging, just sticking to the topic.

How old would the universe appear moments after God created it, assuming of course that God created it.

Actually, it is you who is dodging the question.
    You absolutely are dodging. You were going along with my questioning, until you realized you'd have to admit adding aging materials to earth such as limestone is completely pointless *if* there was a god who created earth.

It seems you understand the parallel between your god creating the earth six thousand years ago and a newly created fridge full of mold and rotting food. But to answer your question, a newly created universe should look like just that---a universe without things can that can only exist by aging, such as limestone. The universe should like something without objects billions of light years away from earth, whose light already reached us.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:27
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    God could have used raw materials that had been lying around for millions of years.
    That wouldn't explain why there are things *in* the earth far older than 6,000 years. It also wouldn't explain why light from objects billions of light years away are visible from earth.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:35
    Originally posted by @vivify
    You absolutely are dodging. You were going along with my questioning, until you realized you'd have to admit adding aging materials to earth such as limestone is completely pointless *if* there was a god who created earth.

It seems you understand the parallel between your god creating the earth six thousand years ago and a newly created fridge full of ...[text shortened]... ne. The universe should like something without objects billions of light years away from earth.
    I knew your line of reasoning from the get go.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:40
    If it was to deceive all of mankind, then it failed.
    The most effectively deceived would say that.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:42
    That wouldn't explain why there are things *in* the earth far older than 6,000 years. It also wouldn't explain why light from objects billions of light years away are visible from earth.
    How old was Adam after he was created? How old did he appear?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 22:591 edit
    How old was Adam after he was created? How old did he appear?
    Your second second dodge is noted.

I have no idea how old a fictional character created by a disproven deity would look.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 23:08
    Your second second dodge is noted.

I have no idea how old a fictional character created by a disproven deity would look.
    Personally I think God intentionally created thw world with a misleading history so you can feel confident in your rejectiin of him.

Others might believe God would need to build a cimplete story because that way is better.

Now, are you going to continue to dodge my question?
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 00:25
    If we assume that the Biblical account of creation is true, how old would the universe appear moments after it was created?
    Unless I missed it, no one gave this answer:

The Universe would appear to be moments old.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 00:352 edits
    Personally I think God intentionally created thw world with a misleading history so you can feel confident in your rejectiin of him.

Others might believe God would need to build a cimplete story because that way is better.

Now, are you going to continue to dodge my question?
    The universe would look only moments old, as would Adam, who would have no signs of aging (baby soft skin, etc.).

Now will you keep dodging my question?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 00:401 edit
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Unless I missed it, no one gave this answer:

The Universe would appear to be moments old.
    Really? What do you mean by that? How long did it take the earth to form and the stars to fill the night's aky?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 00:41
    The universe would look only moments old, as would Adam, who would have no signs of aging (baby soft skin, etc.).

Now will you keep dodging my question?
    How old would he look?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 00:55
    When did we start thinking the earth looks old?

Oh ya, when the scientists brought out of their bag a magic widget that tells us the universe is billions of years old, and every few decades it adds billions of more years.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '17 01:02
    Originally posted by @josephw
    When did we start thinking the earth looks old?

Oh ya, when the scientists brought out of their bag a magic widget that tells us the universe is billions of years old, and every few decades it adds billions of more years.
    How old would Adam have looked moments after creation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree