1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 06:43
    There is no such thing as a new religion.

Could there ever be a new numerical system for counting?..........no.

The numerical system we have is as old as man himself and works perfectly and is accepted by all people.

Could a person have a dream about numbers and wake up in the morning and start a new numerical system?................Yes they could - and it would be so troublesome and difficult to work with - and if they didn't borrow any mathematical truths from the existing system then their system would be full of error.

This is what happened a few thousand years ago with Judaism Christianity and Islam.

Someone had a dream and thought that they were talking to God and started their new religion.

These days they are called schizophrenic and are given medication.

But when they had their dream .....religion was already existing at the time and had been existing for hundreds of thousands of years before - but because they were delusional they invented their own religion and also discarded all the difficult rules that true religion demands of its adherents and that are absolutely necessary to progress in spirituality.

They thought if they are going to invent a new religion then they must make it as attractive as possible and dismiss many of those annoying austere requirements that people need to adopt to advance in spiritual consciousness.

People didn't take to the new religion at first- but after the founder of the religion had the backing of the troops to persuade the people to adopt it - they soon accepted it.

After a while those people had children and taught this new religion to their children and because the children accept anything that their parent teach them even Santa clause and the tooth fairy - then the religion really took off because theses children grew up and totally and fully accepted the religion without question to be the one and only.

The person who had the dream in the first place had died by then - and after his death he was called a saint or saviour or redeemer or prophet without question even though he was an animal killer and had no knowledge of God or the spiritual life at all - but fabricated anything and everything from his vivid imagination. however( he had the gift of poetry) and was well read and well travelled and this was his only asset for compiling anything.

True religion cannot be new ........(a few thousand years old is new)

True religion must be as old a God himself and go back to the beginning of creation itself --- otherwise it has been fabricated by someone.

True religion cannot be fabricated from mundane man -and must come in line starting with the Supreme Personality of Godhead himself and be passed on from Spiritual Master to Spiritual Master to the present day.

The Vedas are that original true religion.......always were and always will be.

False religion will be full of error and falsity......and support cruelty to animals.

True religion shall be perfect.

No one can properly understand true religion/spirituality/God..... by going on-line and Googling.

The bonafide Spiritual Master must be approached when the student is ready.

The bonafide Spiritual Master shall be a Vaisnava.

In India and the world...... pseudo/fake spiritual masters are a dime a dozen.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 08:24
    i was going to read and respond to this, but after reading the first line, it just sounded like a repeat of the same lame, ignorant statements that you always make and there was no point in reading further. i'll just defer you to the numerous existing posts on this forum debunking every one of your arguments and lunacies.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 09:08
    Originally posted by Dasa

The numerical system we have is as old as man himself and works perfectly and is accepted by all people.

Could a person have a dream about numbers and wake up in the morning and start a new numerical system?................Yes they could - an ...[text shortened]... a Vaisnava.

Do you have any insights to offer to spiritual people who are not religionists, or to spiritual people who do not want to become religionists, or to spiritual people who do not share your belief system with regard to vegetarianism?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 10:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 10:31

6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 10:32

7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 10:34

8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 10:38

Could a person have a dream about numbers and wake up in the morning and start a new numerical system?................Yes they could - an ...[text shortened]... a Vaisnava.

Read more: The 5 Most Baffling Attempts to Smuggle Live Animals |http://www.cracked.com/article_19559_the-5-most-baffling-attempts-to-smuggle-live-animals.html#ixzz1gPR6fCc0

#5. Snakes Taped to Chest

Imagine you're sitting on a ferry between Denmark and Norway with 14 pythons strapped to your chest. Now imagine that you're doing it but not because a supervillain forced you into it. You voluntarily stuffed 14 pythons into tennis socks and then duct-taped them onto your own body, and now you're riding a ferry, trying to remember whether any of the socks had holes in them, and at no point did you ever stop to think, "Say, I wonder if I'm one of those crazy people I've heard about on the news."

"They can't hear the hissing, they can't hear the hissing, they can't ..."

Take a moment to recap all the bad decisions you had to make, all the questions you had to answer wrong to end up in this situation: "Should I start smuggling animals?" "Should those animals be snakes?" "How can I do this with the least possible amount of danger and discomfort?" and "Holy s**t, are they moving?"

That final one, incidentally, is going to last for the duration of both the trip and every dream you will have from now on, ever.

This unlikely scenario was lived in full by a 22-year-old Norwegian man, who was noted by the Norwegian customs officials upon exiting the ferry. The eagle-eyed customs officials could tell he was smuggling something because his whole body was in constant, unnatural jiggling motion, the way a standard body behaves when covered in snakes. And when we say whole body, we mean it: A further search of the man's belongings and body found an additional stash of 10 fairly frustrated albino leopard geckos boxed and taped to the man's legs, even though that's right by where his p***s spends all of its time.

Each of the 24 animals was awake and exactly as p****d off as you'd imagine. And he had taped them on himself. On purpose.

But the writhing and the hissing isn't actually what drew attention. The reason this shaking pile of snakes was searched in the first place was because a tarantula he was also trying to smuggle had escaped from his bag.

The snakes, by the way, were found to be royal pythons, which are neither rare nor valuable, so apparently the man was smuggling animals across international waters just because he could.

Except he can't. Because he's an i***t.

"There's just something comforting about having reptiles within striking distance of my j**k."
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 10:471 edit

Could a person have a dream about numbers and wake up in the morning and start a new numerical system?................Yes they could - an a Vaisnava.

I'm not going to read this dasa.

What I would be interested in reading is little about you, about how you came to be the religionist you are and why you have chosen the route you have?

Anything else I'll just pass by or make a silly comment - sorry but that's pretty much how I feel about you now.
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 15:181 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you have any insights to offer to spiritual people who are not religionists, or to spiritual people who do not want to become religionists, or to spiritual people who do not share your belief system with regard to vegetarianism?
    FMF - what about your spiritual insights?

In your view, what is it that is preventing most people from attaining peace and joy in their lives?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 15:321 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    FMF - what about your spiritual insights?

In your view, what is it that is preventing most people from attaining peace and joy in their lives?
    Far be it from me to say. Let it be for religionists to propagate views on what is preventing most people from attaining peace and joy in their lives. Dasa seems to be claiming that he has a recipe. And yet it never comes across. I have no desire to modify his beliefs, or yours.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 15:431 edit

Could a person have a dream about numbers and wake up in the morning and start a new numerical system?................Yes they could - an a Vaisnava.

All you've said is false, I shall prove it now:

It all came from YOUR holy book and not MY Holy Book.

Thanx
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 16:143 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Far be it from me to say. Let it be for religionists to propagate views on what is preventing most people from attaining peace and joy in their lives. Dasa seems to be claiming that he has a recipe. And yet it never comes across. I have no desire to modify his beliefs, or yours.
    What things would you like Dasa to talk about that he so far has failed to talk about - or that he has left unclear?

In my view, it would make things clearer if Dasa could tell some stories or examples from his own experiences about himself or other people who have followed the teachings that Dasa follows. Do you agree?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 23:56
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    In my view, it would make things clearer if Dasa could tell some stories or examples from his own experiences about himself or other people who have followed the teachings that Dasa follows. Do you agree?
    You mustn't have read my post to him on that other thread very recently. He basically said that he wouldn't tell any stories or give any examples about real life experiences of people who have followed the teachings he subscribes to because, he said, it's a waste of time doing so with people who are not vegetarians. Dasa is a proselytiser who - faced by a group of people who already, for the most part, have belief systems rooted in their everyday lives - for all intents and purposes, refuses to proselytise.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 11:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    You mustn't have read my post to him on that other thread very recently. He basically said that he wouldn't tell any stories or give any examples about real life experiences of people who have followed the teachings he subscribes to because, he said, it's a waste of time doing so with people who are not vegetarians. Dasa is a proselytiser who - faced by a group ...[text shortened]... ystems rooted in their everyday lives - for all intents and purposes, refuses to proselytise.
    Once again you have purposely and deliberately mis-quoted my words.

Your continual mis-quoting my comments has its foundation in your dishonest heart.

Your dishonest heart is a product of your spiritual ignorance. - and your spiritual ignorance is a product of your defective mind map - and your defective mind map is a product of your dishonest disposition...........the circle is complete.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree