1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 11:56
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Once again you have purposely and deliberately mis-quoted my words.

Your continual mis-quoting my comments has its foundation in your dishonest heart.

Your dishonest heart is a product of your spiritual ignorance. - and your spiritual ignorance is a product of your defective mind map - and your defective mind map is a product of your dishonest disposition...........the circle is complete.
    Fark orf tard
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 12:09
    Originally posted by nook7
    Fark orf tard
    Now that's honesty for you, Dasa! 😀

-m. 😉
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 13:03
    Once again you have purposely and deliberately mis-quoted my words.
    Well you said this Dasa: "I could quote many stories and personal testimonies from persons living the spiritual life- but it would all fall on deaf ears when persons continue to slaughter animals in the name of religion."

And I said this: [Dasa] basically said that he wouldn't tell any stories or give any examples about real life experiences of people who have followed the teachings he subscribes to because, he said, it's a waste of time doing so with people who are not vegetarians.

And you say I have quoted you "dishonestly"? How so, Dasa?
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 15:271 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you said this Dasa: [b]"I could quote many stories and personal testimonies from persons living the spiritual life- but it would all fall on deaf ears when persons continue to slaughter animals in the name of religion."

And I said this: [Dasa] basically said that he wouldn't tell any stories or give any examples about real life experiences of peop who are not vegetarians.

And you say I have quoted you "dishonestly"? How so, Dasa?[/b]
    Dasa - If you believe that everyone in this forum is a meat-eater and as such, has "deaf ears", why do you continue to make posts?

I assume, therefore, that you believe that some of the people who read this forum are vegetarians (or are willing to consider becoming a vegetarian).

So - why not offer stories and personal testimonies for their sake?
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 20:01
    There is no such thing as a new religion.

Could there ever be a new numerical system for counting?..........no.

The numerical system we have is as old as man himself and works perfectly and is accepted by all people.

Could a person have a dream about numbers and wake up in the morning and start a new numerical system?................Yes they could - an ...[text shortened]... a Vaisnava.

In India and the world...... pseudo/fake spiritual masters are a dime a dozen.
    Using your logic, the older the belief the more truth there is in it.
    I shall worship my ancestors and sacrifice virgins to volcanos.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 22:13
    ...Could there ever be a new numerical system for counting?..........no.

The numerical system we have is as old as man himself and works perfectly and is accepted by all people.

Your ignorance is magnificent!

http://www.sf.airnet.ne.jp/~ts/language/number/huli.html

These people of Papua New Guinea use a base 15 counting system.
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 12:56
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

And there is another tribe using a system of base something like 27 (using fingers, toes, parts of the face and the genitals I believe). Counting and arithmetic in Roman numerals is a nightmare since it uses a mix of several bases. Arabic numerals only gained zero relatively recently. And of course there is of course binary.

I had to reference Wikipedia but...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeral_%28linguistics%29

So Dasa's initial comparison of modern religion verses modern number systems is just utter rubbish. Counting systems have changed and evolved. And indeed so have religions. Otherwise the 'correct' religion would involve worshiping the sun, rocks and the wind.

Religion has always been an attempt to understand how the world works and gain control and influence over it.

--- Penguin.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 20:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

The analogy I gave .....conveys an idea.

Its the idea that is important and not the mathematics.

Forget the mathematics (not important)

Honest people can grasp the idea the analogy conveys.

However if you cannot grasp the idea then I cannot help you.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 20:11
    Originally posted by Penguin
    And there is another tribe using a system of base something like 27 (using fingers, toes, parts of the face and the genitals I believe). Counting and arithmetic in Roman numerals is a nightmare since it uses a mix of several bases. Arabic numerals only gained zero relatively recently. And of course there is of course binary.

I had to reference Wikipedia b ...[text shortened]... mpt to understand how the world works and gain control and influence over it.

--- Penguin.
    Its an analogy... that's all.

The mathematics of the analogy are not the least of any importance at all.

If you cannot grasp the idea the analogy conveys - then I can not help you as well.

Maybe go to a children,s forum and you will fit in there nicely.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 20:14
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Using your logic, the older the belief the more truth there is in it.
    I shall worship my ancestors and sacrifice virgins to volcanos.
    You have entirely missed the point.

We are not talking about old.

We are talking about original and the eternal.

False religion will not be eternal and will not be original. (it will be a fabrication of recent times)

I am having a lot of trouble this week with people not switching on their brains before they comment.

Is it contagious.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 20:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Read more: The 5 Most Baffling Attempts to Smuggle Live Animals |http://www.cracked.com/article_19559_the-5-most-baffling-attempts-to-smuggle-live-animals.html#ixzz1gPR6fCc0

#5. Snakes Taped to Chest

Imagine you're sitting on a ferry between Denmark and Norway with 14 pythons strapped to your chest. Now imagine that you're doing it but not because a s ...[text shortened]... orting about having reptiles within striking distance of my j**k."
    I was still wiping tears for one of those unknown cries I sometimes have. I was listening to "Heart of Gold" by that guy...Neil young. Then I read this and started laughing while still wiping tears. Thanks zalanzhi
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 20:23
    You have entirely missed the point.

We are not talking about old.

We are talking about original and the eternal.

False religion will not be eternal and will not be original. (it will be a fabrication of recent times)

I am having a lot of trouble this week with people not switching on their brains before they comment.

Is it contagious.
    Dont worry about it.

I've suggested , (and others have too), that you change your posting style. Just make one point at a time, then at least it will get read. I too only read the first few lines, although I'm pretty well versed in the actions of hindus.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 23:18
    That would be one interpretation, Dasa. Another one would be that you presented an analogy that doesn't withstand analysis, that your basic point is not persuasive, and that insulting fellow posters who disagree with you - even in jest - does not work well for you. 🙂
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 00:55
    Its an analogy... that's all.

The mathematics of the analogy are not the least of any importance at all.

If you cannot grasp the idea the analogy conveys - then I can not help you as well.

Maybe go to a children,s forum and you will fit in there nicely.
    It's falsity... that's all.

Not much of anything you're saying is important at all.

Please stop lying about Christianity, something you have proven your massive ignorance of time and again.

You go on and on about falsity, and then present your own falsity, as if you taking a stand against falsity makes your comments not false. Go on, say something else false, I can't wait.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 00:58
    I am having a lot of trouble this week with people not switching off their brains before they read my drivel.
    There, fixed that for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree