1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 02:31
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Dont worry about it.

I've suggested , (and others have too), that you change your posting style. Just make one point at a time, then at least it will get read. I too only read the first few lines, although I'm pretty well versed in the actions of hindus.
    I read the entire OP and I understood it. He is attempting to discredit the Judeo/Christian foundation. It's his typical tripe.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 02:46
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You have entirely missed the point.

We are not talking about old.

We are talking about original and the eternal.

False religion will not be eternal and will not be original. (it will be a fabrication of recent times)

I am having a lot of trouble this week with people not switching on their brains before they comment.

Is it contagious.
    The problem is with the title you gave your post.

If its new.....then its false.

This implies,

If its old.....then its True.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 03:011 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Your ignorance is magnificent!

http://www.sf.airnet.ne.jp/~ts/language/number/huli.html

These people of Papua New Guinea use a base 15 counting system.
    which is a superior system we use today in modern computers, we call it the hexadecimal.

but the earliest form of all was the tally marks system, which was simply etching lines on bone or other object.

the ancient sumerians had the very first value based number system and used base-60 (yick!).

the base-10 system was likely invented by the egyptians.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 05:05
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I read the entire OP and I understood it. He is attempting to discredit the Judeo/Christian foundation. It's his typical tripe.
    Yeah, I pretty much guessed it. After all, he's written several similar posts.

There must be something to christianity or else it wouldn't have such a big following in so many different lands.

I try to take the good I find from ALL religions and leave the rest behind. It works me.

It doesn't make me a christian or anything else , really, but I'm going with "hindu" for the sake of brevity and some clarity as to my religious views,(rather than the "nothing" that I was calling myself before that)
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 05:17

Could there ever be a new numerical system for counting?..........no.

The numerical system we have is as old as man himself and works perfectly and is accepted by all people.

Two statements.

Both false.

Both you believed to be true (else you would be a liar)

Perhaps some other statements you make are false?

Perhaps some other beliefs you hold true are also false?

Food for thought?
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 05:31
    When people completely and deliberately divert from the essence of the thread and decide to have a discussion about the analogy instead.................they are dishonest and are only creating straw-man complaints to purposely create conflict.

The thread is about new/religion verses eternal/religion and has nothing to do with mathematics.

If you have believed the thread is about mathematics then you are a fool

And this is crystal clear.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 07:40
    When people completely and deliberately divert from the essence of the thread and decide to have a discussion about the analogy instead.................they are dishonest and are only creating straw-man complaints to purposely create conflict.

The thread is about new/religion verses eternal/religion and has nothing to do with mathematics.

It was you that made the dishonest statements.

I only speak the truth.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '11 09:59
    Your OP was basically an analogy. This analogy has failed. It disintegrated as soon as people started to scrutinize it. Whatever point you sought to make has failed with it, of course. Perhaps you should rephrase what you are trying to say, choose a better analogy - assuming you use an analogy at all - and try again.
  9. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 23:15

Your 'logic' and 'reasoning' are so utterly retarded that they make a truly retarded person look like a genius.

If there was a God they would've done us a favour and involuntarily euthanized you.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 01:37

unless the vedas are about animal worship, it's a new religion compared to the history of humanity. it's only a few thousand years old while animal religions are tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of years old.

your theory is crushed. your analogies are false.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 01:51
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    unless the vedas are about animal worship, it's a new religion compared to the history of humanity. it's only a few thousand years old while animal religions are tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of years old.

your theory is crushed. your analogies are false.
    I agree that the religion associated with the vedas can not be older than
    the flood of Noah's day and that is only a few thousand years ago. But
    the belief in the God of Noah dates back before the flood.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 02:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I agree that the religion associated with the vedas can not be older than
    the flood of Noah's day and that is only a few thousand years ago. But
    the belief in the God of Noah dates back before the flood.
    there is no record of abraham's god existing before abraham invented it.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 04:36
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    there is no record of abraham's god existing before abraham invented it.
    I think the Holy Bible is a pretty good record or have you forgot about it.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 08:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think the Holy Bible is a pretty good record or have you forgot about it.
    the holy bible didn't come into existence until long after the death of the alleged abraham character.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree