If it's proven there's no god

If it's proven there's no god

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Where do you claim I said this?
A few pages up you said that all sexual practices contain the same risk, did you not? Are you now saying that they are not the same?

rc

Moves
18 Apr 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It's you who is making NO SENSE!!!!
Can you tell us what are my chances of catching HIV from driving a car. Thanks in advance.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am making perfect sense, you will tell us what driving a car has to do with engaging in promiscuous sex.
Both can end up killing you. But you are more likely to die and suffer serious injury in a road traffic accident than having sex. Yet in your wacky world, one is morally reprehensible and the other is not.

You've dug yourself into a hole. There are many things people do which are unhealthy, it doesn't make them all 'morally reprehensible'. I'm about to cycle across Manchester on my bike, I will be dramatically increasing the odds of me suffering some sort of accident, it would be far safer for me to stay in doors? Am i making a 'morally reprehensible' decision?

F

Moves
18 Apr 15

So if its not the same then what relevance doe sit have? Am I at the same risk of dying in an aeroplane than if I never fly? If not then the comparison is ludicrous, for I will likely never catch HIV from driving a car, will I.
They were analogies. The risk of dying in plane crashes does not make flying in a plane immoral.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Apr 15

Can you tell us what are my chances of catching HIV from driving a car. Thanks in advance.
So idiotic and dense it's unworthy of serious comment.

rc

Moves
18 Apr 15

Both can end up killing you. But you are more likely to die and suffer serious injury in a road traffic accident than having sex. Yet in your wacky world, one is morally reprehensible and the other is not.

You've dug yourself into a hole. There are many things people do which are unhealthy, it doesn't make them all 'morally reprehensible'. I'm about ...[text shortened]... , it would be far safer for me to stay in doors? Am i making a 'morally reprehensible' decision?
can you tell us what my chances are of catching HIV by driving my car. thanks.

F

Moves
18 Apr 15

A few pages up you said that all sexual practices contain the same risk, did you not? Are you now saying that they are not the same?
Where are you claiming I said this? Can you copy paste it here?

rc

Moves
18 Apr 15
1 edit

So idiotic and dense it's unworthy of serious comment.
But you are the one making a comparison, so what are my chances? If you will not tell us or cannot tell us then we are free to dismiss your comparison as the words of a madman.

rc

Moves
18 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Where are you claiming I said this? Can you copy paste it here?
All sexual practices carry health risks, whether they be homosexual or heterosexual

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Apr 15

But you are the one making a comparison, so what are my chances?
Yawn, predictable and banal.

rc

Moves
18 Apr 15
2 edits

Yawn, predictable and banal.
So you cannot tell us. Its not even relevant is it, in fact its so not relevant as to be considered a thoroughly ludicrous comparison, is it not? It appears to me to be a glaring logical fallacy i just remain unaware of what kind.

F

Moves
18 Apr 15

All sexual practices carry health risks, whether they be homosexual or heterosexual
Well of course they do. Where is it you think I claimed that, and this is exactly what you said: "all sexual practices contain the same risk"? Where are you claiming I said that?

rc

Moves
18 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Well of course they do. Where is it you think I claimed that, and this is exactly what you said: "all sexual practices contain the same risk"? Where are you claiming I said that?
if i remain chaste to one partner from virginity can you tell us what risks I am under.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Apr 15

So you cannot tell us. Its not even relevant is it, in fact its so not relevant as to be considered a thoroughly ludicrous comparison, is it not?
Some things never change. Have a nice afternoon.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

F

Moves
18 Apr 15

if i remain chaste to one partner from virginity can you tell us what risks I am under.
What does this have to do with homosexual acts being immoral in and of themselves?