1. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 11:45
    ... were intelligent enough to not self-deceive, because of their own fear of themselves, and recognise that there is no such thing as a God, then what would have been the historical alternative creationalist allusion in order to replace the current misnomer, do you think?

-m.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 14:421 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    ... were intelligent enough to not self-deceive, because of their own fear of themselves, and recognise that there is no such thing as a God, then what would have been the historical alternative creationalist allusion in order to replace the current misnomer, do you think?

-m.
    Go peddle your fantasies elsewhere.

😞

Edit: The way you put words together to make it seem like your opinion is fact, you could have been a politician.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 14:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne

😞

Edit: The way you put words together to make it seem like your opinion is fact, you could have been a politician.
    Personally, I had no idea what he was saying.
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 15:06

😞

Love it! 😏
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 21:16

-m.
    No comprendo amigo
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 21:22
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No comprendo amigo
    Me no speaking spanish.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 17:33

-m.
    I understand what you're saying even if others don't.

So, what are you saying?
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 18:24

-m.
    self deception doesn't have anything to do with intelligence. deception is an evolutionary survival mechanism. self deception is a misfiring of that adaptation.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 19:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Personally, I had no idea what he was saying.
    It boils down to the typical atheist creed.

"Since there is no God, why do you fools persist is believing in it?" With a twist of "now then, since we KNOW God to be nonexistant, what would happen if men all over the earth just accepted this fact? What would they use as their creationist argument then?"
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 19:32
    It boils down to the typical atheist creed.

"Since there is no God, why do you fools persist is believing in it?" With a twist of "now then, since we KNOW God to be nonexistant, what would happen if men all over the earth just accepted this fact? What would they use as their creationist argument then?"
    Vd. entiende ... Gracias.

It's my birthday...... ignore me......I'm having fun! 🙂

-n.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 19:421 edit
    Vd. entiende ... Gracias.

It's my birthday...... ignore me......I'm having fun! 🙂

-n.
    Fun is one thing.

But please be careful... if, in your multitudinous musings, you alienate even one person from God, you are doomed.

I don't usually bother warning the other atheists here about this, because frankly, they do not believe in the Book of Life, nor whether their name is written in it or not.
    The bigger sin is working to try to get others to remove their name from the Book of Life.

I've always thought of you as a seeker, and thus more open to the possibilities.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:02
    But please be careful... if, in your multitudinous musings, you alienate even one person from God, you are doomed.
    Threats of imaginary monsters scare nobody. So either you suspect that he believes in God, or you know perfectly well you are wasting your time with such threats. Which is it?

And do you really believe that yourself?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:211 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Threats of imaginary monsters scare nobody. So either you suspect that he believes in God, or you know perfectly well you are wasting your time with such threats. Which is it?

Of course I believe it.

I have warned Dasa of it numerous times.

As I said in my post, I believe he [mikelom] is a seeker and thus more open to the truth than most here.
  14. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead

He?? Errm... pls don't refer to me in 3rd person when I am present. Thnx. 😉

Suzi knows me better than you think!

-m.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 00:30
    He?? Errm... pls don't refer to me in 3rd person when I am present. Thnx. 😉

Suzi knows me better than you think!

-m.
    Then it's true? You're a seeker?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree