1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 16:22
    Prays to God for,lets say,courage....do you think God gives that person courage or the opportunity to be courageous....just a thought 🙂
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 16:50
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Prays to God for,lets say,courage....do you think God gives that person courage or the opportunity to be courageous....just a thought 🙂
    BOTH
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 16:51
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    BOTH
    I disagree.... we are already what we are...God has already given us this life.... i believe he gives us and grants us opportunities to be what we ask for !!!
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 16:55
    If someone prays to god for courage. He will be rewarded with a lovely pint of best beer!
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 17:06
    Originally posted by invigorate
    If someone prays to god for courage. He will be rewarded with a lovely pint of best beer!
    LOL...
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 17:31
    I disagree.... we are already what we are...God has already given us this life.... i believe he gives us and grants us opportunities to be what we ask for !!!
    If one prays to God for strength through difficult times, is he/she rewarded with more strife and more difficult times as an opportunity to become stronger?
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 17:33
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If one prays to God for strength through difficult times, is he/she rewarded with more strife and more difficult times as an opportunity to become stronger?
    Similarily, if one prays to god for patience with their annoying children, are they rewarded with more tantrums and bratty behaviour?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 23:00
    I think I would agree with you on this.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 23:01
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I like that too!
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:32
    God does not answer every prayer, eg 2 million people praying to win the lotto.
    Neither are we in a position to say whether or not He does answer ours.
    It may be sheer co-incidence that your prayer appears to be 'answered'.
    It may be a request that is self-fulfilling
    Or a request that will be answered over time whether or not we pray for it . eg 'God please help me to get over this terrible flu. or Send some rain to water the crops.

How would you therefore know that God heard your prayers and either gave you the courage or the opportunity to be courageous?
    How can you be sure that those events occured because you prayed.
  11. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:46
    Of course not. God doesn't hear our puny utterances. There is no God to listen.
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 07:44
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Of course not. God doesn't hear our puny utterances. There is no God to listen.
    Well..... i beg to differ....
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 07:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    God does not answer every prayer, eg 2 million people praying to win the lotto.
    Neither are we in a position to say whether or not He does answer ours.
    It may be sheer co-incidence that your prayer appears to be 'answered'.
    It may be a request that is self-fulfilling
    Or a request that will be answered over time whether or not we pray for it . eg 'God ple ...[text shortened]... ortunity to be courageous?
    How can you be sure that those events occured because you prayed.
    Because your heart and mind are open to it therefore making it easier for God to reply and we are in an easier state of mind to listen!
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 07:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think I would agree with you on this.
    Thank you!
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 07:46
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Similarily, if one prays to god for patience with their annoying children, are they rewarded with more tantrums and bratty behaviour?
    No they are rewarded with an opportunity to calm and love the children!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree