1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 07:47
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If one prays to God for strength through difficult times, is he/she rewarded with more strife and more difficult times as an opportunity to become stronger?
    no...he/she is rewarded with an opportunity to be strong!!!
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 13:20
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    No they are rewarded with an opportunity to calm and love the children!!!
    No offense, Jay (because you're a nice guy) but I find that line of reasoning to be pretty foolish and delusional. In this hypothetical, what is the difference between an opportunity to love and calm the children and a child throwing a tantrum? More importantly, if god had not give you the strength to deal with the children (but instead the opportunity), there would be no answer to your prayer as the situation never changes (the child was bratty before and he is bratty after) and any skills used on the parent's part to calm the child afterward would be due to their own parenting skills (by your own admission that god does not provide the strength but provides the opportunity). See what I mean kinda?
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 14:45
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No offense, Jay (because you're a nice guy) but I find that line of reasoning to be pretty foolish and delusional. In this hypothetical, what is the difference between an opportunity to love and calm the children and a child throwing a tantrum? More importantly, if god had not give you the strength to deal with the children (but instead the opportunity), t ...[text shortened]... that god does not provide the strength but provides the opportunity). See what I mean kinda?
    Darv... i respect you so no offence taken.... i just cant see God giving strength...he has already created us,given us all we need... we already have the strength,courage etc,etc.... when we pray for it we feel we dont have it so i believe God will give you the chance to realise you are strong enough.... i can follow you to some degree... do you follow what im trying to say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree