1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:48
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The story of Noah's flood, and much else in the Book of Genesis for that matter, is a curious mishmash of the natural and the miraculous. If God wanted to rid the world of evil, he need not have caused a flood, which seems natural enough until you start to ask questions about details (such as coaxing lions on board, and then coaxing them not to eat the antel ...[text shortened]...  could have simply thought evil people out of existence, just as he thought Adam into it.
    And, of all the many inconcistencies in the world wide flood story, I was just wondering, didn't people think the Earth was flat back then?

How would that equate with the "knowledge" that the whole Earth was flooded?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:51
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Why do people still 'fall' for it, you ask? I don't think it is for lack of intelligence. I think it is rather to do with a feeling of uncertainty about a core of perennial questions or doubts.

You might as well ask why people are still afraid of death. Why do people still wonder and worry about what comes after death? Why do people still gripe that the j ...[text shortened]... Possibly for the same reason that people seem to prefer to live under a tyrant than in anarchy.
    Life is meaningless.

Some give it meaning to appease their fears
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Then I await the word from this god directly. I think however I will have a very very long wait.

Were you able to find my Sonhouse site on soundcloud? I am not sure people without soundcloud accounts can access. When I go to the site, I already have pw's in computer so it takes me right there but I don't know about people not already signed up. I have a ...[text shortened]...

Any help would be appreciated. I now have 14 tracks there, about 6 of them new compositions.
    Give me 24 hrs. I'll get back to ya ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 11:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Give me 24 hrs. I'll get back to ya ๐Ÿ˜‰
    https://soundcloud.com/user-399104119

That's my user # on SC. Have songs from my wife and tunes from me, I write them and serve the music community best by NOT singing๐Ÿ™‚ There are some traditional tunes there as well, like Star of the County Down and John Hardy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree