1. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '16 16:53
    Why do you pretend to ask a question in this forum, when all you really want to do us ridicule, argue and mock people that believe in God. You don't have an honest question. You just pose it as one and then say it is a myth etc. don't you have anything better to do with your time? If you really are struggling with the existence of a God, why don't you ask Him to reveal himself to you instead of arguing with others.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 23:04
    Originally posted by clgray2001
    Why do you pretend to ask a question in this forum, when all you really want to do us ridicule, argue and mock people that believe in God. You don't have an honest question. You just pose it as one and then say it is a myth etc. don't you have anything better to do with your time? If you really are struggling with the existence of a God, why don't you ask Him to reveal himself to you instead of arguing with others.
    If you are talking to me, I would welcome a visit from your god. But humans telling me about god, forget it. Humans don't know JACK about god, they just make them up as they go along and gullible people fall for it hook line and sinker.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 06:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If you are talking to me, I would welcome a visit from your god. But humans telling me about god, forget it. Humans don't know JACK about god, they just make them up as they go along and gullible people fall for it hook line and sinker.
    Humans don't know JACK about god

How can you possibly claim to know that for sure? You don't even know a fraction of everything there is to know.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 10:47
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    [b]Humans don't know JACK about god

How can you possibly claim to know that for sure? You don't even know a fraction of everything there is to know.[/b]
    It's like this: a god like the one made up in the bible, would know everything past present and future about every person on Earth, and every being in the universe.

If it wanted to start a religion, it would be simpicity itself for that being to just contact every person at the same time in their own language, saying something like "look people, here is how it is...."

The FACT that ALL religions start out with one person supposedly the bearer of some great news about a god and then that person hornswaggles a bunch of people into actually believing him and therefore a new religion starts up.

Where that dude just so conveniently happens to have the best food, the best houses, the best transportation, the best women and so forth.

In other words, heirarchical with that dude on top and everyone else looking up to him as some sort of god.

It happens that way all the time. ALL the time.

Some dude, like the Davidians, he pronounces himself god or god's messenger and the poor weak minded folk of his new flock swallow the BS story hook line and sinker.

That to me, is exactly how Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Baptists, Janes, Hindu's and all the rest started.

They each one have exactly the same credibility. ZERO.

Since they were ALL just made up by some dude who ate too many desert mushrooms.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 12:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What I find interesting is that you look for naturalistic explanations despite the fact that there is really no getting away from the requirement for miracles. Why didn't you simply say 'God did it'?
    Seriously, there is no naturalistic explanation for Noah being able to coax a pair of lions on to the arc. There is no naturalistic explanation for all that ...[text shortened]... t accept that it was all a miracle? Why the need to look for possible naturalistic explanations?
    The story of Noah's flood, and much else in the Book of Genesis for that matter, is a curious mishmash of the natural and the miraculous. If God wanted to rid the world of evil, he need not have caused a flood, which seems natural enough until you start to ask questions about details (such as coaxing lions on board, and then coaxing them not to eat the antelopes, and so on). The whole story makes very little sense, given that God could have simply thought evil people out of existence, just as he thought Adam into it.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 16:01
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The story of Noah's flood, and much else in the Book of Genesis for that matter, is a curious mishmash of the natural and the miraculous. If God wanted to rid the world of evil, he need not have caused a flood, which seems natural enough until you start to ask questions about details (such as coaxing lions on board, and then coaxing them not to eat the antel ...[text shortened]...  could have simply thought evil people out of existence, just as he thought Adam into it.
    Which is precisely what I have been saying. A preposterous story in such a cruel way to get rid of some bad people, bad in the eyes of this insane deity.

Instead of using deity power to just go poof, no more bad guys, NO, what does it do, destroy all land life, innocent animals by the billions just to get rid of a few thousand 'bad' humans.

The question I would like answered is how people could fall for such a rotten tale in the first place, it would seem to me if humans are half as intelligent as they think they are they would laugh that story off as it should have been thousands of years ago, yet here we are in the 21st century and people are still falling for that piece of garbage.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 20:32
    ... The question I would like answered is how people could fall for such a rotten tale in the first place, it would seem to me if humans are half as intelligent as they think they are they would laugh that story off as it should have been thousands of years ago, yet here we are in the 21st century and people are still falling for that piece of garbage.
    Why do people still 'fall' for it, you ask? I don't think it is for lack of intelligence. I think it is rather to do with a feeling of uncertainty about a core of perennial questions or doubts.

You might as well ask why people are still afraid of death. Why do people still wonder and worry about what comes after death? Why do people still gripe that the just go unrewarded in life while the unjust go unpunished? So long as people still feel such questions or doubts (even if they don't ask them in exactly those words), there will be religions which purport to provide them with answers.

Why do people accept "rotten" answers rather than no answer at all? Because no answer at all seems to indicate that life is meaningless, whereas a "rotten" answer is at least not meaningless. People seem to prefer even a diabolic universe to a meaningless one. Possibly for the same reason that people seem to prefer to live under a tyrant than in anarchy.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 16:47
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Why do people still 'fall' for it, you ask? I don't think it is for lack of intelligence. I think it is rather to do with a feeling of uncertainty about a core of perennial questions or doubts.

You might as well ask why people are still afraid of death. Why do people still wonder and worry about what comes after death? Why do people still gripe that the j ...[text shortened]... Possibly for the same reason that people seem to prefer to live under a tyrant than in anarchy.
    Regardless, it proves people as a rule lack critical thinking, falling for any story some idiot on a soapbox pronounces. He said, we are all saved, just believe in me, blah blah blah, and pretty soon that dude has a nice new car, house, slaves, best food......
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 18:06
    Please, of all the people here who talk about God you have told me and others if God were
    real, this and that would never happen or it this and that would happen. You have a strong
    opinion on what God should or should not be doing. You should avoid the middleman and
    actually spend a little time asking God to make Himself real to you, He is after all the only
    one who can.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Aug '16 10:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Please, of all the people here who talk about God you have told me and others if God were
    real, this and that would never happen or it this and that would happen. You have a strong
    opinion on what God should or should not be doing. You should avoid the middleman and
    actually spend a little time asking God to make Himself real to you, He is after all the only
    one who can.
    Then I await the word from this god directly. I think however I will have a very very long wait.

Were you able to find my Sonhouse site on soundcloud? I am not sure people without soundcloud accounts can access. When I go to the site, I already have pw's in computer so it takes me right there but I don't know about people not already signed up. I have a buddy, known for a long time, George Winston whom I just emailed about it and I explained the name, Sonhouse, to him and my connection to RHP and told him there is a Son House site there also, the REAL Son House but my name is contracted to one word and first S upper case.

Would like verification people without soundcloud account can access the music there.

I just started it a week ago and am still not sure of that issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I now have 14 tracks there, about 6 of them new compositions.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:23
    Originally posted by clgray2001
    C'mon man...

Is this really what you gleaned from this thread?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:291 edit
    Humans know a bit about god through the process of elimination.

My take on 'god' is that if real it is not a separate entity , nor a judge of any kind. In fact the only substantial thing I could glean is that there is no god other the the actual universe itself, which has a superior, receptive(passive) intelligence that fuels life.

Heck, I gave it a go.
    As far a Christian versions of god are concerned they are totally off the mark. Better starting point would be Vishnu (if you are interested in pursuing this line of inquiry)
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:311 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    [b]Humans don't know JACK about god

How can you possibly claim to know that for sure? You don't even know a fraction of everything there is to know.[/b]
    Now, now... sonhouse is a very learned individual... he knows 'jack' as much as you in the very least.

People in glass houses ...

( ... are weird)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:41
    It's like this: a god like the one made up in the bible, would know everything past present and future about every person on Earth, and every being in the universe.

If it wanted to start a religion, it would be simpicity itself for that being to just contact every person at the same time in their own language, saying something like "look people, here is ...[text shortened]... ility. ZERO.

Since they were ALL just made up by some dude who ate too many desert mushrooms.
    Prince Guatama (Buddha) is an exception to this.
    He was born into wealth and privelige and discarded it for a life of aesthetics and "self denial".

His "religion" does not talk about god,miracles or any other worldly principles.
    Buddhism is best described as a system of psychology (some say a complete system).

And, as all great spiritual teachers, he only preached when asked to.
    Similarly Zen masters only tell of their knowledge when asked- this is in marked contrast to most religions, especially the JW's, who think that the more they intrude into people's lives the more god brownie points they will receive.

Spiritual advancement is tedious, almost non-existent,imo, and it only comes from individual desires to know more.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 01:46

If it wanted to start a religion, it would be simpicity itself for that being to just contact every person at the same time in their own language, saying something like "look people, here is ...[text shortened]... ility. ZERO.

Just cause they ate mushrooms doesn't disqualify their experience.

Imo, the fact that they have tried to interpret their experience into words is a credit.
    It may be way off, but kudos to anyone that tries.

And the Hindus are potentially the best religion because they invite diversity and recognize prophets from other religions

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree