1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 22:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I had not been to bed, its the way I roll dude, sliced open a Mars bar and a packet of crisps, things got wild after I had some Irn Bru. 😵
    But you made that post at 04:12, why on earth where still up at that time?
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 23:33
    I'm sorry, excuse me, I must have stumbled into The Spirituality Forum by mistake.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 08:48
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    Hello KingOfPoint; a couple of things which you appear to state as fact:

'...we need our creator..' Look up e-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n (It's under 'e' in the dictionary). It gives an alternative suggestion.

And as for 'We are here for some reason.' What makes you think that then? Sounds like wishful thinking if you ask me.
    Why do we have to wear the blinders?

Why do we paint evolution as an 'alternative'?

I believe evolution was one of God's tools used to create. Evolution IS creation. Pushing an amino acid into or out of a DNA strand has to be a lot easier than creating an animal from nothing. Plus, it doesn't leave any 'magical' traces to 'prove' God's existence to anyone, allowing men to make up their own mind to have faith or not.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 10:43
    I am proud of you, guys and girls, and you made me proud too - this is my most successful therad so far.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 01:591 edit
    divegeester, what is "blinkered"?
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 02:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why do we have to wear the blinders?

Why do we paint evolution as an 'alternative'?

I believe evolution was one of God's tools used to create. Evolution IS creation. Pushing an amino acid into or out of a DNA strand has to be a lot easier than creating an animal from nothing. Plus, it doesn't leave any 'magical' traces to 'prove' God's existence to anyone, allowing men to make up their own mind to have faith or not.
    This is very good. Many Christains are caught up in the thinking God made the world in "seven days". Based on a person making a statement, "one day is like a thousand years to God". They forget the person was making an example, not saying it as a fact.
    Seriously, could an eternal being look at 1000 yrs as a day. Heck, for that matter a billion years could be a nano second.
    I believe there are some forms of evolution. The progression of the planet (geophysics) and plants, animals. And it is my belief, God introduced the conscience at a certain point. Wha-la, Adam and Eve.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 02:471 edit
    There are two phrases that a lot of Christians make, that i hate.
    If you die today, where will you go? ( I'm not dying today, so get over it, ha.)
    Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Do the Christians even understand this loaded statement? And what does it really mean? Based on all of the scripture!
    As a lot of Christians will say, you have to say it. Well that doesn't do anything. Scream it to the mountain tops, and God will never hear you. But give me an Atheist, who gives his life to save another, and i will see him in heaven.
    Now why is that, the Christians are screaming the Lords name to the mountains "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior". Why does that fall on deaf ears? Any of you Christians care to respond?
    Do you wonder why i hammer on you, my brothers and sisters, as i do?
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 08:16
    Pudgenik,
    There is no salvation in saving anyone's life. Man cannot try to keep the law and get to heaven through it. Saving a person's life and giving up your own doesn't fulfill the whole law.

I left more information at:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=157304&page=19
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 08:31
    Pudgenik,
    None of us know what time we will die. None of us know how we will die. We cannot know whether or not we will die today or even in the next minute after I type this sentence.

King James Version
    ===============
    Hebrews 9: 27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Psalm 103: 15-16
    As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

Psalm 144: 3-4
    LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!

Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 08:56
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    None of us know what time we will die. None of us know how we will die. We cannot know whether or not we will die today or even in the next minute after I type this sentence.
    Gold Medal for stating the bloody obvious!
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 09:27
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    .. There is no salvation in saving anyone's life. Man cannot try to keep the law and get to heaven through it. ..
    I would be very interested in seeing some Bible references to support these two opinions.

Simple straightforward ones please. Not confused convoluted ones that can have many meanings.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 09:35
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    ..Why does that fall on deaf ears? ..
    Talk falls on deaf ears. Jesus Christ said to follow Him, obey Him, love your neighbour. Action and living the Christ-like life is what gets the attention of Christ... talk is worthless.
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 09:44
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Talk falls on deaf ears. Jesus Christ said to follow Him, obey Him, love your neighbour. Action and living the Christ-like life is what gets the attention of Christ... talk is worthless.
    Is what your saying is that if you claim to be a Christian and your actions are not a direct reflection of Jesus' teaching then you are a hypocrite, liar, or charlatan ?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 09:511 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Is what your saying is that if you claim to be a Christian and your actions are not a direct reflection of Jesus' teaching then you are a hypocrite, liar, or charlatan ?
    Sort of Yes. Christ will judge who the hypocrites and liars are. I wont bother doing that. Maybe you should not either. Let Christ decide.

Lifestyle is what separates the sheep from the goats, not talk.
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 15:49
    Rajk,
    1) There is no salvation in saving anyone's life.

King James Version
    =============
    Acts 4: 10 - 12
    -------------------
    Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Romans 3: 19 - 21
    ------------------------
    Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

James 2: 10
    ----------------
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

In Luke 23: 39-43, whom did the thief on the cross love to get to paradise?

In Acts 16: 30-31, whom did the jailer love to gain eternal life after he spoke to Paul and Silas asking "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" The next verse shows, "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

2) Man cannot try to keep the law and get to heaven through it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Galatians 3: 21
    --------------------
    Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

John 14:6
    -------------
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3: 17 - 18
    ------------------
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2: 8 - 9
    -----------------------
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree