1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 15:35
    Pudgenik,
    Please read my previous post since I did not put your name at the top.

Also, the bible was not given to be funny or to joke around. God's holiness and judgement in small matters and over all humanity is not a funny issue. Being holy like God is not a funny issue. Sinners suffering for eternity is not funny either.

When people joke about God's judgement or any other serious matter with God, then don't count on God laughing at them. I am not talking about laughing with a simple matter of a donkey talking. I am including talking about and wasting life making the judgement of God a joke.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 15:38
    Pudgenik,
    We don't have but a certain amount of knowledge, true. But to deny that God will judge us just because we don't believe it, is ignorant as well.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 17:31
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Pudgenik,
    We don't have but a certain amount of knowledge, true. But to deny that God will judge us just because we don't believe it, is ignorant as well.
    Alright, God does have a sense of humor. God asking me to be what i am. I know he's got a sense of humor, personally i think he is a bit crazy too. But you don't know me, or what i am and that puts you at a disadvantage.

In the book of Jonah, at the end of the story, it reads. God caused a plant to grow up to shade Jonah from the sun, and sooth his i'll humor. The thing we know about Jonah is that when the story begins it is evident that Jonah already has a good relationship with God. Maybe this fact is ilrelavant for what we are talking about. But i'm trying to point out that those who experienced God's humor were close to God in their relationships as well.

Moses had many moments of God's humor. The Egyptian culture of logic, befuddled by pillars of fire and cloud. Or Moses himself, brought up as a prince of Egypt. Reasoning and logic his primary tools. How does God reach him, a burning bush, that isn't consumed.

Elijah, laughing as the Angels of God slaughter the enemies.
    Or later Elijah before the tribes of Israel laughing and mocking the priests as they can't get their god to answer them. Elijah is the Servant of God, and an extension of God's presence.

Yes all of these things have purpose, but God also finds mirth in it too.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 17:38
    Pudgenik,
    Perhaps, we can think of God laughing as having satisfaction, rather than Him thinking that things are funny. If you see humor in things, that doesn't mean God intended things to be funny from His stand point.

God doesn't even take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but it did please God when Christ was bruised. However, don't think that God thought of Christ's being bruised as something funny.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 20:20
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Pudgenik,
    Perhaps, we can think of God laughing as having satisfaction, rather than Him thinking that things are funny. If you see humor in things, that doesn't mean God intended things to be funny from His stand point.

God doesn't even take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but it did please God when Christ was bruised. However, don't think that God thought of Christ's being bruised as something funny.
    KOP Certainly God can be serious. But as we are created in the image of God, our own selves reflect God. Love, happiness, anger, frustration etc., etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree