1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 13:21
    If you were God, how would you run things? Would you punish evil doers or would you turn a blind eye? If you did punish evil doers, how would you punish them? Would you erradicate free will? Who would go to heaven and who would go to hell? Would there even be a hearven or hell?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 13:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    If you were God, how would you run things? Would you punish evil doers or would you turn a blind eye? If you did punish evil doers, how would you punish them? Would you erradicate free will? Who would go to heaven and who would go to hell? Would there even be a hearven or hell?
    I would punish evil doers with my auto-smite capacity. Not all evildoers, though. Maybe just the 10% worst evildoers each year. You have free will to do whatever you want with the knowledge you could be smitten at year's end. In order to make room for free will I would renounce any claim to omniscience.

There would definitely not be either a heaven or a hell. You goal is to do good and live well in this life.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 13:41
    1. You cant improve on things. They are run as well as can be expected with allowance for free will.
    2.I would punish evil doers only if that evil was done to others and not themselves. Their punishment would be like psychological torture. perhaps bad dreams
    3.No
    4.Everyone would get to heaven, but possibly not in this incarnation. Others would goto purgatory to learn their lessons.No one would goto hell.
    5.heaven,yes. Hell,no
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 14:531 edit
    That would probably depend on what super powers I had available.
    I think I would certainly cut down on suffering.
    I would probably prevent evil doers from doing evil rather than going for the punishment route. I find punishment the reactive way of solving something, I prefer proactive methods. For example, with children, punishment is a sign of failure on the parents part. I am not saying I never punish my son, but I am not omniscient nor a perfect parent.

There wouldn't be a heaven or hell. If heaven is the perfect place to be, then everyone would start off there and stay there. If hell is a horrible place to be, then I wouldn't put anyone there.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 23:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That would probably depend on what super powers I had available.
    I think I would certainly cut down on suffering.
    I would probably prevent evil doers from doing evil rather than going for the punishment route. I find punishment the reactive way of solving something, I prefer proactive methods. For example, with children, punishment is a sign of failure ...[text shortened]... off there and stay there. If hell is a horrible place to be, then I wouldn't put anyone there.
    i would make daydreaming a professional occupation.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 03:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I would play chess for a living or at least try to make a living from it...Lol.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 04:26
    I would send hindus around to Jws houses🙂
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 16:53
    If I was God, these questions could not possibly apply to my system of creation.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 18:37
    I would create only heaven. I would create only people who were enlightened enough to choose good. There would be no hell, earth, or evildoers.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 18:491 edit
    Isn't it interesting how not one Christian has yet given us a pretty picture of what they would do if they were God?
    If there really is a God, I sure hope he's an atheist.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 18:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Isn't it interesting how not one Christian has yet given us a pretty picture of what they would do if they were God?
    If there really is a God, I sure hope he's an atheist.
    its because we never think in these terms, for we realise that well, judgement does not belong to us.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 19:451 edit
    its because we never think in these terms, for we realise that well, judgement does not belong to us.
    Considering a mere hypothetical situation would not change this.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 19:58
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I would create only heaven. I would create only people who were enlightened enough to choose good. There would be no hell, earth, or evildoers.
    I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE!
    OHHHHH, PICK ME! PICK MEEEEE!!!!
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 20:43
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE!
    OHHHHH, PICK ME! PICK MEEEEE!!!!
    Heathen! Thou shalt not exist in the new order. 😀
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 22:31
    If I were God Iwould retire and hand over things to the boy. Nearly 2,00 yeras he's been waiting - that's longer than Charlie!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree