1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 01:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your imaginary God is lame. If you read the Old Testament, you'd know he was very much into scaring people (burning bushes, killing firstborns, etc. etc.). Plus he's got a whole universe and he worries what a bunch of creatures that are vastly, unimaginably inferior to him are doing and even wants them to praise his greatness! He's a real nut case.
    Your perspective is misguided, And your logic is lame.

If there is no God then your sentiments are misdirected.

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge:...

And why don't you get over your whateveritis, and just try to have some fun. We all put are pants on one leg at a time.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 01:571 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Your perspective is misguided, And your logic is lame.

If there is no God then your sentiments are misdirected.

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge:...

And why don't you get over your whateveritis, and just try to have some fun. We all put are pants on one leg at a time.
    Present some actual argument to show that my logic is "lame".

My sentiments are directed at YOU, not your imaginary God. The God you believe in sucks, so I was suggesting some other Gods that are far cooler for you to believe in. That is fun, for me anyway.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 03:50
    But if there was such a being, and you could be him, what would you be like?
    I'd probably be a whole lot more apparent in my creations lives. And nicer.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 03:51
    Now don't get me wrong, but your logic confounds me.

You don't believe God exists, but you imply he is responsible for what man does.

I don't want to argue about this, but you obviously have an inherent distrust of christians. Maybe I should word it differently.

Consequently, anything a christian posts is met with suspicion.

On the other hand I would generally agree.
    Well, actually, those are all groups that your God has professed to hating in the bible.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 03:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You are right because Peter was writing to Christians. Why do you say Black? becasue in Heaven there will be people from every tribe and nation. So the Gospel will reach everyone someday. There are still some people that have never heard of Jesus you know.
    Pretty sure God painted all the bad people black, you know, the (apparently aquatic) ones who didn't get in on the ark action.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 03:54
    Of couse not.

But if God is real.....
    That's a big IF, based upon a single, non-verifiable source, which details events (such as people walking on water) which have never been verified in any other document in all of recorded history.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 09:31
    Do you mean that just because the universe has been around for a long time is no reason for believing it?

On the other hand I know what you mean, but the way you said it puzzled me for a moment.
    Yes. We believe the universe exists because we have direct experience of it, not because it has been here for billions of years.
  8. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 11:36
    God. What would be your characteristics, nature, attributes, or whatever?

The first thing I can think of is I would be perfect.
    I'd be a highly-evolved old-earth procreationist gaytheist.
  9. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 12:09
    God. What would be your characteristics, nature, attributes, or whatever?

The first thing I can think of is I would be perfect.
    i would be smug
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 12:15
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    That's a big IF, based upon a single, non-verifiable source, which details events (such as people walking on water) which have never been verified in any other document in all of recorded history.
    "if" God exists, i bet he is going to smite thee 😕
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 15:58
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Present some actual argument to show that my logic is "lame".

My sentiments are directed at YOU, not your imaginary God. The God you believe in sucks, so I was suggesting some other Gods that are far cooler for you to believe in. That is fun, for me anyway.
    Yes this is fun. I'm not taking anything personal.

The reason I said your logic is lame is the way you direct your comments. For example, you said, "the God you believe in sucks". You might have said, " what you believe about your imaginary God sucks".

Then again I might be too picky.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 16:24
    Well, actually, those are all groups that your God has professed to hating in the bible.
    That just isn't true! As far as I can see the only person God hates is Satan.

When you read the bible and read passages that say things that makes it sound like God hates someone you have to understand that it is prose employing all the tools of prose. Hyperbole for example.

It says in the bible that God hated Esau and loved Jacob. God didn't hate Esau. You have to see the bible in a broader context. Esau despised his birthright, and that is what God hated.

The bible is a tricky thing to understand sometimes. It's easy to find apparent contradictions in it when it is misinterpreted and misunderstood.

And it isn't necessarily for unbelievers anyway. It's the instruction manual for the believer. And IF it's true, and a necessary ingredient for understanding is the spirit, then the one without the spirit can't understand it in it's entirety.

Now look, friend, don't lambaste me, maybe that's too stong a word, for toeing the party line. All I'm trying to do is show you how I see it. I respect your point of view even though I think your wrong.

Besides, I don't think we would be here doing this if we didn't enjoy it in some way.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 16:27
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Yes. We believe the universe exists because we have direct experience of it, not because it has been here for billions of years.
    And so if I were to share with you something I have direct experience with you would believe me?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 16:32
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    I'd be a highly-evolved old-earth procreationist gaytheist.
    In other words you'd be a intellectual elitist bisexual old man.

I just had to laugh at that.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 16:47
    I just want to respond to this so badly, but I've had a bad head cold for the last three days and I can hardly think with this headache.

But here goes. These are my thoughts and meant only for the purpose of exchanging ideas. So take it with a grain of salt.

Only God can over ride the laws of nature. Only God can create. I know, I know, there is no God. But for the sake of discussion, assuming there is a God, only he can perform miracles.

Now Satan is the adversary, and he is a counterfeiter of God. But he cannot counterfeit the resurrection, or any other miracle, and that's why you will only find such things in the bible only, because it is the sole source for the truth of God.

I know this is really lame. I should be in bed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree