1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 20:57
    This is the undoubtedly controversial follow-up to Scriabin's piece of crap "I Shall Remember." It is about the misuse of the Nazi genocide to suit commercial and moral needs.

In his book "The Holocaust Industry," Norman Finkelstein (a Jew, by the way, so don't bother with calling him anti-Semitic) says that "'the Holocaust' is an ideological representation of the Nazi holocaust. Like most ideologies, it bears a connection, if tenuous, with reality. The Holocaust is not an arbitrary but rather an internally coherent construct. Its central dogmas sustain significant political and class interests. Indeed, the Holocaust has proven to be an indispensable ideological weapon. Through its deployment, one of the world's most formidable military powers, with a horrendous human rights record, has cast itself as a 'victim' state, and the most successful ethnic group in the United States has likewise acquired victim status. Considerable dividends accrue from this specious victimhood -- in particular, immunity to criticism, however justified. Those enjoying this immunity, I [Finkelstein] might add, have not escaped the moral corruptions that typically attend it. From this perspective, Elie Wiesel's performance as official interpreter of The Holocaust is not happenstance. Plainly he did not come to this position on account of his humanitarian commitments or literary talents [Finkelstein here references his own book "A Nation on Trial"]. Rather, Wiesel plays this leading role because he unerringly articulates the dogmas of, and accordingly sustains the interests underpinning, The Holocaust."

And on that note, the topic is opened for discussion.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 21:22
    Originally posted by scherzo
    This is the undoubtedly controversial follow-up to Scriabin's piece of crap "I Shall Remember." It is about the misuse of the Nazi genocide to suit commercial and moral needs.

In his book "The Holocaust Industry," Norman Finkelstein (a Jew, by the way, so don't bother with calling him anti-Semitic) says that "'the Holocaust' is an ideological representati ...[text shortened]... inning, The Holocaust."

It would hold a little more water if the Holocaust of Hitler's Germany were the only time in history the Jews were singled out for their ethnic origins.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 21:24

In his book "The Holocaust Industry," Norman Finkelstein (a Jew, by the way, so don't bother with calling him anti-Semitic) says that "'the Holocaust' is an ideological representati ...[text shortened]... inning, The Holocaust."

how is it possible that there is an 'official interpreter', of the Holocaust, that's nonsense!
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 21:39

You're not alone, apparently the BNP, the KKK, and many others would agree with you.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 21:53
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    You're not alone, apparently the BNP, the KKK, and many others would agree with you.
    i realy do think that he should be allowed to air his view, why not? he is, if I understand his statement correctly, saying that the tragic events of the holocaust have been manipulated and used for political capital, are we able to confirm or deny this?
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 22:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It would hold a little more water if the Holocaust of Hitler's Germany were the only time in history the Jews were singled out for their ethnic origins.
    The Jews do not have a common ethnic origin. There are Jews in Western Europe, Jews in Eastern Europe, Jews in the Middle East (excluding Israel), Jews in Asia, Jews in Ethiopia, Jews in Latin America, etc.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 22:491 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how is it possible that there is an 'official interpreter', of the Holocaust, that's nonsense!
    Indeed. The argument (one of the arguments) that Finkelstein makes is that the role of an "official interpreter" is ridiculous. Wiesel can't be too happy with him, or, as I like to call the former, Elie the Wiesel.
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 22:49
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Not sure what the BNP is, but I can assure you, the KKK hate my guts with a passion.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 22:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i realy do think that he should be allowed to air his view, why not? he is, if I understand his statement correctly, saying that the tragic events of the holocaust have been manipulated and used for political capital, are we able to confirm or deny this?
    We can confirm it. I cite especially part three in the aforecited book "The Holocaust Industry." The section is titled "The Double Shakedown." It refers to high-level Zionists essentially stealing money from European banks to fund Israeli actions. It also refers to the German relief program for Holocaust survivors, and how many rich white Jews used this to change the meaning of Holocaust survivor to amount to the most possible money received.
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 23:02
    All around the Manhattan condo
    Norman chased the Wiesel
    Norman thought, 'twas all in fun, but
    "ANTI-SEMITE!" goes the Wiesel

haha thx norman.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 00:07
    The Jews do not have a common ethnic origin. There are Jews in Western Europe, Jews in Eastern Europe, Jews in the Middle East (excluding Israel), Jews in Asia, Jews in Ethiopia, Jews in Latin America, etc.
    There are Jews of different ethic background yes, but that doesn't even address the point he was making.

Ok, you can go back to your paranoia about the elders of zion going out to get you.
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 00:15
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    There are Jews of different ethic background yes, but that doesn't even address the point he was making.

Ok, you can go back to your paranoia about the elders of zion going out to get you.
    I have read the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and i think it's a despicable book. But Israel is in no way representative of Jewish values.
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 00:57
    I have read the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and i think it's a despicable book. But Israel is in no way representative of Jewish values.
    Israel isn't a single set of values. No country has a single set of values.
  14. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 01:15
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Israel isn't a single set of values. No country has a single set of values.
    Israel is no values.
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '09 01:35
    Israel is no values.
    Well, It's sad you're willing to group people all into one little pigeon hole.

You have at least that in common with those that you hate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree