1. Illinois
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 16:50
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    In Hell there will be no stop drop and rolling.
    I would call this "drive-by evangelism."
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 17:15
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    It doesn't work that way. You were born for a reason. Your reason for living is to glorify God so he can reward you with heaven, the original 'earth'.
    Your God sounds needier than a fat teenage girl. Why does he need to be glorified by creatures that are infinitely inferior to him? I don't need an amoeba to "glorify" me and an amoeba is closer in attributes to me than I am to a 3O God.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 19:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your God sounds needier than a fat teenage girl. Why does he need to be glorified by creatures that are infinitely inferior to him? I don't need an amoeba to "glorify" me and an amoeba is closer in attributes to me than I am to a 3O God.
    Have you ever been to the funeral of a child and the minister will say that "God needed another little rosebud in heaven"? It's disgusting.
  4. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 21:15
    It doesn't work that way. You were born for a reason. Your reason for living is to glorify God so he can reward you with heaven, the original 'earth'.
    says who
  5. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 21:18
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Have you ever been to the funeral of a child and the minister will say that "God needed another little rosebud in heaven"? It's disgusting.
    That actually happens?
  6. Illinois
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 21:19
    We don't get into heaven because we glorify God, more specifically we get into heaven because we have faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Right?
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 22:13
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    That actually happens?
    If I had a dime for everytime I heard that.....
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 23:12
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    We don't get into heaven because we glorify God, more specifically we get into heaven because we have faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Right?
    Why's that soooooooooooooo important to a 3O God? What does he care what such inferior creatures think?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 23:281 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    yes its disgusting for it is nothing but an empty utterance devoid of hope and has no basis in truth whatsoever, its a lie! imagine lying to grieving parents, its totally despicable! look people, there is no hell, no torment, a dead person in not conscious of anything, they are asleep, awaiting the resurrection, this is truth, it has its foundation in scripture and is better than some half baked cliche! imagine the resurrections that Christ performed, say Lazarus. he had been dead for four days, would he not, if he went to heaven, reprimand the Christ for bringing him back to life as a human, its absurd. the resurrection is the hope for Christians, but if they do not die and go somewhere else at death, where is the need for a resurrection? who was the last entity to state, 'you positively will not die', mmmmmm
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 00:071 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes its disgusting for it is nothing but an empty utterance devoid of hope and has no basis in truth whatsoever, its a lie! imagine lying to grieving parents, its totally despicable! look people, there is no hell, no torment, a dead person in not conscious of anything, they are asleep, awaiting the resurrection, this is truth, it has its foundation ...[text shortened]... d for a resurrection? who was the last entity to state, 'you positively will not die', mmmmmm
    God is the ultimate authority in the whole universe. He will do quite a lot to save man. But if man refuses to put away rebellion, man must loose.

To be annhilated so as to not be conscience is not to lose. That is to win. Or it is at least to "get out" of the government of God.

Ultimately, to rebell is to lose. Losing means eternal punishment.

I don't like it anymore than you do. But it is God's way. And it is God's responsibility. If man will not come out of the Satanic rebellion he will share the eternal perdition that was created for Satan. He has to lose.

Is God love? Yes. His love is really really strong. When He loves He loves unto eternity.

But it is as if the Divine Governor of all creation says "You have to realize that you CANNOT rebel against Me and win, ultimately. You will have to lose. And losing means losing forever."

Does that mean that God is a bully. No. It means that God is God - He is Ultimate, Final, Perfect. Yes, I said Perfect.

Eternal damnation is the sinner losing.

Where we need to turn our attention and thoughts to is what and how much God has done in order to SAVE us from that terrible consequence. We need to see all that He has done to save us from that fate in Jesus Christ.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 00:24
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Is God love? Yes. His love is really really strong. When He loves He loves unto eternity.
    bizarro-love n.
    1. The state of caring about someone so much that you will subject them to eternal anguish and torment if they refuse to love you back.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 00:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    God is the ultimate authority in the whole universe. He will do quite a lot to save man. But if man refuses to put away rebellion, man must loose.

To be annhilated so as to not be conscience is not to lose. That is to win. Or it is at least to "get out" of the government of God.

Ultimately, to rebell is to [b]lose
    . Losing means eternal punishment ...[text shortened]... nsequence. We need to see all that He has done to save us from that fate in Jesus Christ.[/b]
    Now Jaywill my dear friend, brother in arms, you and i have been through that so let us not talk out of turn, if you consider the reference, Lazarus and his resurrection, or any other for that matter, what did the Christ himself state, 'Lazarus is sleeping', if some part of Lazarus had transcended death and Lazarus had gone to heaven why would the Christ bring him back from such blissful conditions, only to suffer and die again, it makes no sense my friend, really.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 00:361 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    [b]bizarro-love n.
    1. The state of caring about someone so much that you will subject them to eternal anguish and torment if they refuse to love you back.[/b]
    Yes my friend, God in his love, would never subject someone to eternal punishment while they are yet in a sinful state and prone to aberration as every human is! If they reject his sovereignty then they will simply fade and die, this is the punishment, simply it is non life, not torment as has been sincerely but erroneously proffered!
  14. Break-twitching
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 02:28
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    I was born for a reason? I'm supposed to be glorifying God? Seems like God should have told me about this, you know? I mean, if all this time my life has had a purpose (to glorify God) it seems a shame that I was not made aware of it. Honestly, I haven't heard a peep out of God about this, and I'm 33! How old were you when God told you about your purpose, and is it the same as mine?
    All humans, and you can deny all you want, have a yearning in their heart and soul that is constantly seeking for something...something that is missing life. No matter how wealthy or famous one becomes in this life, there is always something missing...that something is a relationship with with God. God alone can fill this void. Nothing can fill it. God made us all; we cannot become complete until we bridge the gap that separates us from God, and that 'bridge' is Jesus Christ.
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 02:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    God does not need to be glorified. It is we who need to glorify Him in order to be spiritually complete. Why would you even want an amoeba to glorify you? What is a '30'-God? You really believe that we came from amoebas?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree