In Your Mind You Know

In Your Mind You Know

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
15 Jan 09

Originally posted by josephw
I am convinced, although atheists deny it, they struggles with knowing there is a God. Those who deny the existence of God do so by continually drowning out the knowledge of God that is in them. They have developed all sorts of strategies with which to stifle the voice within, but no matter how much they try, they just can't escape the sound of the truth of ...[text shortened]... that keeps crying out for the love they so desperately need, and know will come from only God.
I think this is true. 😏

S

Utrecht

Moves
15 Jan 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Kaka, the greatest footballer alive, attributes all his success to God, if those bad ol putty cat atheists were to do the same, who knows what they may achieve!
Cruyff didn't believe in god 😛

rc

Moves
15 Jan 09

Originally posted by Sake
Cruyff didn't believe in god 😛
lol, how you know?

P

Moves
15 Jan 09

Originally posted by josephw
I am convinced, although atheists deny it, they struggles with knowing there is a God.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d0A4_bwCaX0

S

Utrecht

Moves
15 Jan 09

lol, how you know?
😵 he told this once. Or twice.

rc

Moves
15 Jan 09

😵 he told this once. Or twice.
lol, i think he was just trying to suppress the reality and attribute all his wonderful movements and goals to something like natural talent, oh if only he knew!

S

Utrecht

Moves
15 Jan 09

lol, i think he was just trying to suppress the reality and attribute all his wonderful movements and goals to something like natural talent, oh if only he knew!
I think he listened perfectly to his soul 😉

rc

Moves
15 Jan 09

I think he listened perfectly to his soul 😉
what about Wayne Rooney, does he even have a soul?

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
15 Jan 09

Originally posted by bill718
I think this is true. 😏
That's because you're not in your mind right now, are you?

S

Utrecht

Moves
15 Jan 09

what about Wayne Rooney, does he even have a soul?
Is it possible to live without one?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Jan 09

Originally posted by kirksey957
My youngest kid "confessed" , if I can use that word, that one of her friends at school refered to me as "the devil preacher." She was quite upset about it, but I just laughed and asked what I had done to deserve such a title. Apparently my daughter had defended one of her classmates who apparently is a lesbian and they wanted to know what I thought ab ...[text shortened]... he one on the site "most likely to send someone to hell", I am now "the devil preacher."
Wouldn't you rather have your child come from school with a report about your reputation as a man of God?

You see, even children know the difference between right and wrong.

w

Moves
17 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder

While you doze through life, others are moving. While you have stopped thinking, others are becoming Enlightened.[/b]
Just like Adam and Eve were "enlightened", eh? 😉

I don't believe that anyone stops thinking. What you mean perhaps are those who do not think the way you do and/or perhaps those who may not challenge their own way of thinking.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jan 09
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
Just like Adam and Eve were "enlightened", eh? 😉
In the fairy tale of Genesis, your Monster God punishes people for thinking for themselves. What does that tell you about your religion?

The OP claims "The knowledge of God is self evident". This obviously shows he has stopped thinking about this issue in any meaningful way.

w

Moves
17 Jan 09

Originally posted by no1marauder
In the fairy tale of Genesis, your Monster God punishes people for thinking for themselves. What does that tell you about your religion?

The OP claims "The knowledge of God is self evident". This obviously shows he has stopped thinking about this issue in any meaningful way.
Well it is interesting what the serpent tells Adam and Eve in order to persuade them to partake of the fruit. He said that if they eat it, they would become as "gods". Of course, if they were unable to think for themselves before the fall then how could it be possible for them to actually "fall"? Therefore, I get the impression that what is really going on here is that they took it upon themselves to become their own "god". In other words, they took it upon themselves to forsake the Lordship of their God for their own over their lives. Thus when they forsook their God their God sent them on their own way to map out their own journey. So guess the question begs, "Are we having any fun yet?".

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jan 09

Originally posted by whodey
Well it is interesting what the serpent tells Adam and Eve in order to persuade them to partake of the fruit. He said that if they eat it, they would become as "gods". Of course, if they were unable to think for themselves before the fall then how could it be possible for them to actually "fall"? Therefore, I get the impression that what is really going on ...[text shortened]... o map out their own journey. So guess the question begs, "Are we having any fun yet?".
Just to be clear, you believe that the Genesis story is an actual historical event?