1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 20:58
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think he's saying that there are also Christians who struggle with 'secretly' knowing there is no god. The 'doubting Thomases', as you might call them.
    You mean, and kirksey too, hypocrites?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:00
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What is God?
    What if God was the Platonic ideal of humanity?
  3. Utrecht
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't need an argument.

The knowledge of God is self evident. All one needs to do is to strip away the noise of the excuses generated to drown out the sound of the truth of the knowledge of God in your soul.

The atheist can hear the sound of the truth in their soul, but each time they do they turn up the volume of excuses until they can't hear it anymore. But it just keeps coming back.
    How do you know all this?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:19
    Originally posted by Sake
    How do you know all this?
    By being honest with myself and clearing out all the rubbish of denial.

2 Corinthians 10:5
    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:22
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What if God was the Platonic ideal of humanity?
    What if a man stopped trying to define God?
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:24

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
    I have to admit, you are a bit more disturbing than the average Christian wingnut.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:321 edit
    Not necessarily. It is a difficult question to answer, and many are not fully sure of their answer. This does not make them 'hypocrites' for exploring both sides of the question.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:47
    Originally posted by Ullr
    I have to admit, you are a bit more disturbing than the average Christian wingnut.
    Thanks. I laughed out loud at that one. 😀
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 01:29
    My youngest kid "confessed" , if I can use that word, that one of her friends at school refered to me as "the devil preacher." She was quite upset about it, but I just laughed and asked what I had done to deserve such a title. Apparently my daughter had defended one of her classmates who apparently is a lesbian and they wanted to know what I thought about it. She told them that I had no problem with her lifestyle. Thus, in addition to the one on the site "most likely to send someone to hell", I am now "the devil preacher."
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 07:36
    I don't need an argument.

The knowledge of God is self evident. All one needs to do is to strip away the noise of the excuses generated to drown out the sound of the truth of the knowledge of God in your soul.

The atheist can hear the sound of the truth in their soul, but each time they do they turn up the volume of excuses until they can't hear it anymore. But it just keeps coming back.
    You could have just said "No."
  11. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 08:17
    I am convinced, although atheists deny it, they struggles with knowing there is a God. Those who deny the existence of God do so by continually drowning out the knowledge of God that is in them. They have developed all sorts of strategies with which to stifle the voice within, but no matter how much they try, they just can't escape the sound of the truth of ...[text shortened]... that keeps crying out for the love they so desperately need, and know will come from only God.
    Is it possible that you are mistaking the innate human desire for direction/purpose in life for the "knowledge of God that is in them"?

Are you absolutely certain that you are not mistaken?
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 08:18
    Not what is God, but WHO is God.

You know who He is in your soul.

Go ahead, say it out loud to yourself what your soul knows and is trying to tell you, but you keep drowning out with excuses.

Be liberated.
    OK, how do I start listening to my soul?

Do I need a Bible for this or can I just get going now?
  13. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 08:244 edits
    I am convinced, although atheists deny it, they struggles with knowing there is a God. Those who deny the existence of God do so by continually drowning out the knowledge of God that is in them. They have developed all sorts of strategies with which to stifle the voice within, but no matter how much they try, they just can't escape the sound of the truth of that keeps crying out for the love they so desperately need, and know will come from only God.
    I am an atheist but I believe there are higher powers in the universe,
    I'm convinced of it.

What I am rejecting by being an atheist is the word 'God' as a descriptor.

It's this arrogance that I actually find offensive and end up watching
    in disdain as one greater idiot than the other assignes it until we
    end up with a bunch of crazies chanting 'God is...'

Seriously what the flock is that meant to mean?? It means you've
    gone totally back on language as a descriptor so why don't you just
    give it up and marvel at the wonders like the rest of us?

'In your mind you know' is perfectly right, it's when it starts spilling
    out your mouth that the trouble starts.
  14. Utrecht
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 08:49

Did you do that cleansing all by yourself?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 09:06
    I am convinced, although atheists deny it, they struggles with knowing there is a God. Those who deny the existence of God do so by continually drowning out the knowledge of God that is in them. They have developed all sorts of strategies with which to stifle the voice within, but no matter how much they try, they just can't escape the sound of the truth of ...[text shortened]... that keeps crying out for the love they so desperately need, and know will come from only God.
    Kaka, the greatest footballer alive, attributes all his success to God, if those bad ol putty cat atheists were to do the same, who knows what they may achieve!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree