1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 14:02
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    In your own opinion do you think that when someone commits a murder or steals that they should be killed and all thir family to just like in O.T. times? I was only asking becasue you think that the O.T. God and Jews where Cruel.

I don't, I do think though an eye for an eye though.
    Only God can take life as he is the giver...i pray for them and the family...there is a great play out at the moment called "The WoodPusher" by Terry Pattinson and James Hanley which has a condemned killer having conversations with a Catholic Priest hours before he is to be hanged...check it out...its not bad !!!
  2. RDU NC
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 14:07
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Only God can take life as he is the giver...i pray for them and the family...there is a great play out at the moment called "The WoodPusher" by Terry Pattinson and James Hanley which has a condemned killer having conversations with a Catholic Priest hours before he is to be hanged...check it out...its not bad !!!
    "Only God CAN take life?"

Well, I wish somebody would tell that to all the murderers and soldiers out there. (note: I'm not equating the two.)

God, man, and animals take life all the time. There is no CAN. Ability has nothing to do with it. Perhaps you meant, "Only God SHOULD take life." Then you'd have a position you could possibly defend.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 14:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 14:51
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    "Only God CAN take life?"

Well, I wish somebody would tell that to all the murderers and soldiers out there. (note: I'm not equating the two.)

God, man, and animals take life all the time. There is no CAN. Ability has nothing to do with it. Perhaps you meant, "Only God SHOULD take life." Then you'd have a position you could possibly defend.
    Yes you are right.... i meant only God SHOULD take life....
  5. RDU NC
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 15:57
    Yes you are right.... i meant only God SHOULD take life....
    As I wrote on page 5, didn't Paul write that the government was ordained by God to use the sword to defend justice?
    If this is the case, is not the sword in implement of death?
    Therefore, does not the government have the right to kill?
    -and-
    Does a person not have the right to defend himself or his family? (I am fully aware of the Bible's admonishment to "turn the other cheek"😉
    Does the Bible not say that believers (OT Jews and NT Xians) are to defend the cause of the widow and the orphan?

note: I'm asking as a passivist myself.
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 11:43
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    As I wrote on page 5, didn't Paul write that the government was ordained by God to use the sword to defend justice?
    If this is the case, is not the sword in implement of death?
    Therefore, does not the government have the right to kill?
    -and-
    Does a person not have the right to defend himself or his family? (I am fully aware of the Bible's admonishment to ...[text shortened]... to defend the cause of the widow and the orphan?

note: I'm asking as a passivist myself.
    I repeat.....only God SHOULD take life....
  7. RDU NC
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 15:48
    I repeat.....only God SHOULD take life....
    but again, doesn't the bible allow for the government to take a life?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree