Incarnation - Temporary or Eternal?

Incarnation - Temporary or Eternal?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

Does God put off the humanity with which He clothed Himself in incarnation? Does being God-man run its course and become no longer needed in the future?

Here God before incarnation declares He is the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

"Thus says Jehovah the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts.

I am the First and I am the Last, And apart from Me there is no God." (Isaiah 44:6)

"Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, whom I called;
I am He; I am the First, I am also the Last." (Isaiah 48:12)

After His incarnation and resurrection Christ declares He is still the First and the Last.
"And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead, and He placed His right hand on me, saying, Do not fear;

I am the First and the Last And the living One; and I became dead, and behold, I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." (Revelation 1:17,18)

This is before the millennial kingdom of 1,000 years.What about after that millennial kingdom in the age of eternity in the new heaven and new earth?

At the end of Revelation 22 He still speaks of Himself as the First and the Last.

" Behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me to render to each one as his work is.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." (Rev. 22:12,13)

The mingling of God and man is forever and ever.
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
Does God put off the humanity with which He clothed Himself in incarnation? Does being God-man run its course and become no longer needed in the future?
Jesus flesh was born, killed 33 years later, then transfigured (presumably into something more compatible with eternal glory) before the ascension. So, yes.

No doubt this is incompatible with your preconceptions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 18

Another reason God mingled with man is eternal because Christ is not only the Only begotten Son but the Firstborn Son.

Firstborn means many sons are to follow who are also the mingling of God and of man - His brothers.

How could He cease being the Firstborn Son of God while His many brothers continue to be so?

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Romans 8:29)

He is God-man by incarnation and resurrection.
The many brothers as God-men by His salvation.

How could God want sons in eternity yet no longer want the Firstborn Son in eternity?

He is God mingled with man for eternity.
New Jerusalem is God-man through His salvation for eternity.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Mar 18

Another reason God mingled with man is eternal because Christ is not only the Only begotten Son but the [b]Firstborn Son.

Firstborn means many sons are to follow who are also the mingling of God and of man - His brothers.

How could He cease being the Firstborn Son of God while His many brothers continue to be so?

[quote] "Because t ...[text shortened]... God mingled with man for eternity.
Is this a discussion or are you blogging again?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Mar 18
2 edits

How could God want sons in eternity yet no longer want the Firstborn Son in eternity?
There is no such thing as the “eternal son” anywhere in scripture.

And also because they are the same person.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

Today IS " the man Christ Jesus."

"For there is one God and one Mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony to be borne in its own times" (1 Timothy 2:5,6)

In His second coming He comes also as the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Divine Power.
"Never the less, I say to you, From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming with the clouds of heaven." (Matt. 26:64)

Does He put off His humanity at any time in the future?
No.
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, yes, even forever." (Heb. 13:8)

Daniel proves that the Son of Man's dominion is eternal.

"I watched in the night visions, And there with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming;

And He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him.

And to Him was given a dominion, glory, and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages might serve Him.

His dominion is an eternal dominion, which will not pass away;

And His kingdom is one that will not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13,14)

The incarnated, resurrected, exalted and enthroned Son of Man is for eternity. And His kingdom is for eternity.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Mar 18

Another reason God mingled with man is eternal because Christ is not only the Only begotten Son but the [b]Firstborn Son.

[quote] "Because t ...[text shortened]... God mingled with man for eternity.
You need to get some common sense mingled with your brain cells ..
maybe thats the answer to all these nonsense threads.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 18
2 edits

After the millennial kingdom in the age of eternity Christ is still God-man. And His Bride and Wife is via His all-inclusive salvation God-men.

It is absurd to imagine that His Bride and Wife will continue to be God-human while her Husband will somehow no longer be God-human.

Rather the mingling of divinity and humanity both in Jesus Christ the Husband and in His Wife, the city New Jerusalem by means of His salvation are both for eternity.

"And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Rev. 21:2)

Saying Christ discontinues as God-man yet His Wife, the corporate city of God-men continues this mingling is absurd.

As He the Husband is forevermore God-man so the saved who collectively become His Wife (the church - and New Jerusalem) , through His salvation are God-men for eternity.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Mar 18

After the millennial kingdom in the age of eternity Christ is still God-man. And His Bride and Wife is via His all-inclusive salvation God-men.

It is absurd to imagine that His Bride and Wife will continue to be God-human while her Husband will somehow no longer be God-human.

Rather the mingling of divinity and humanity both in Jesus Christ the Husb ...[text shortened]... Wife [b] (the church - and New Jerusalem)
, through His salvation are God-men for eternity.[/b]
Now you are finally referring to the New Jerusalem as the Bride of Christ.

I taught you that. .. Youre welcome.

The Bride of Christ is not the Church.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Mar 18

Today IS [b]" the man Christ Jesus."

"For there is one God and one Mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony to be borne in its own times" (1 Timothy 2:5,6)

In His second coming He comes also as the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Divine Power.
[q ...[text shortened]... resurrected, exalted and enthroned Son of Man is for eternity. And His kingdom is for eternity.[/b]
Sonship is this a discussion?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Mar 18

Rather the mingling of divinity and humanity both in Jesus Christ the Husb ...[text shortened]... Wife [b] (the church - and New Jerusalem)
, through His salvation are God-men for eternity.[/b]
Are you aware of rude and what low forum etiquette it is to blog in in discussion forum?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

It is an absurd heresy to teach that THE Son of God becomes not eternal when through Him God obtained many sons who reign forever and ever.

How could the many sons of God reign forever and ever yet the unique Firstborn Son of God not ?

"He who overcomes will inherit these tings, and I will be God to him, and he will be a son to Me." (Rev. 21:7)

" ... for the Lord God will shine upon them; and they will reign forever and ever." (Rev. 22:5b)

It is an absurd heresy that the sons of God will reign forever and ever but the Son of God will not reign forever and ever.

Anyone arguing this does not understand the eternal purpose of God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Mar 18

Well there it is I suppose. Another sonship self-indulgent blog.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Mar 18

It is an absurd heresy to teach that THE Son of God becomes not eternal when through Him God obtained many sons who reign forever and ever.

How could the many sons of God reign forever and ever yet the unique Firstborn Son of God not ?

[quote] [b] "He who overcomes will inherit these tings, and I will be God to him, and he will be a son to Me." (Rev ...[text shortened]... reign forever and ever.

Anyone arguing this does not understand the eternal purpose of God.
You are what we call here a Jacka$$.

Nobody is saying that Jesus Christ is not eternal.

People are saying that THE FLESHLY BODY IS NOT ETERNAL... .. You idiot.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
You are what we call here a Jacka$$.

Nobody is saying that Jesus Christ is not eternal.

People are saying that THE FLESHLY BODY IS NOT ETERNAL... .. You idiot.
The problem he will have is reconciling that simplicity with the complexity of the trinity doctrine.