1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 08:10
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't think God looks at religious sects or ethnic groups, he see's us as "saints" or "aint's".
    There are two groups, those that believe on the Lord Jesus and those that do not.
    [b]Acts 16:30-32
    30 And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you ...[text shortened]... has been dealt with in the person of Jesus Christ.
    What separates God from people is unbelief.
    Goodness me, we are in agreement again!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 08:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "I no longer believe it is sin that separates God from people, because the sin problem has been dealt with in the person of Jesus Christ. What separates God from people is unbelief."... which rejects God's offer of reconciliation to Himself. Thanks.
    I see your point but it's not an offer as such, it is a complete work, a bridge that whosoever will, may come. The barrier is no longer a persons sin, it is actually unbelief.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 08:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil.

Satan believes in God as well.
    When was the last time you committed any sin? anything? Exactly...but does that make you "of the devil"?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 08:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I see your point but it's not an offer as such, it is a complete work, a bridge that whosoever will, may come. The barrier is no longer a persons sin, it is actually unbelief.
    "I no longer believe it is sin that separates God from people, because the sin problem has been dealt with in the person of Jesus Christ. What separates God from people is unbelief." -checkbaiter

"I see your point but it's not an offer as such, it is a complete work, a bridge that whosoever will, may come. The barrier is no longer a persons sin, it is actually unbelief." -divegeester

Yes, the work was completed by Christ's Substitutionary Spiritual Death (separation from God the Father during the final three hours of execution when all human sin was imputed to Him and judged). It's not sin per se but the the Unpardonable Sin of unbelief rejecting the offer of God's Grace Gift of Eternal Salvation and Personal Relationship with Him.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 09:031 edit
    "I no longer believe it is sin that separates God from people, because the sin problem has been dealt with in the person of Jesus Christ. What separates God from people is unbelief." -checkbaiter

"I see your point but it's not an offer as such, it is a complete work, a bridge that whosoever will, may come. The barrier is no longer a persons sin, it i ...[text shortened]... rejecting the offer of God's Grace Gift of Eternal Salvation and Personal Relationship with Him.
    We're barking up the same tree.

I would contest with you that is was not Christ's spiritual death but his physical one that completed the equation*

*i use this word to annoy twhitehead, in case he reads it 😛
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 09:14
    "What separates God from people is unbelief." -checkbaiter Disobedience isn't an issue for those who have refused relationship with God; they can't obey someone they don't even know. Obedience applies to Members of His Royal Family.
    Sin separates us from God, the devil believes it does him no good. The
    warnings in 1 John and else where are for those who were said to be
    walking in faith, but they get entangled in sin, and with some they get
    over come, that is not an issue of unbelief, but not obeying God.
    Kelly
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 10:26
    "What separates God from people is unbelief." -checkbaiter Disobedience isn't an issue for those who have refused relationship with God; they can't obey someone they don't even know. Obedience applies to Members of His Royal Family.
    Utter rubbish.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 10:33
    When was the last time you committed any sin? anything? Exactly...but does that make you "of the devil"?
    Yes it does. All sin is of the devil. All righteousness is of God. But the important thing is to repent with a contrite heart and God forgives. If however I continue to sin there comes a point when God may not forgive. We have gone through those verses already.

The aim of the Christian is after accepting Christ is to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. There are many Christians who accept Christ with their mouth but their hearts are far from Him and they continue on in their willful sin.

They continue on because of the foolishness that preachers preach that you cannot lose your salvation and that Christ has paid for my sins past present and future.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 10:47
    Exactly .. now we getting somewhere. Belief is just a word.
    Satan believes but does not submit.
    Saying 'I believe' without doing anything else or continuing on in sin is hypocrisy and is not submission either.
    Submitting to Christ means following his commandments; not just saying 'I submit' or 'I believe' with ones mouth.

[i]Submit yourselves therefor ...[text shortened]... ntinues on with a sinful lifestyle then he just one of the children of the devil and not of God.
    Believe is not just a word, it is a verb which connotes action...sorry, look it up.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 10:57
    What did the jailer ask Paul? Read it closely. What did Paul say?
    "Believe on the Lord Jesus"....Period!
    If you read further, it says something like he and his whole household believed and were saved.
    There were no added conditions....I can go on, but my time is limited right now.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 11:09
    If you read further, it says something like he and his whole household believed and were saved.
    There were no added conditions....I can go on, but my time is limited right now.
    Who you talking too, and in what context are you saying these things?
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 11:11
    Yes it does. All sin is of the devil. All righteousness is of God. But the important thing is to repent with a contrite heart and God forgives. If however I continue to sin there comes a point when God may not forgive. We have gone through those verses already.

The aim of the Christian is after accepting Christ is to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Ther ...[text shortened]... hat you cannot lose your salvation and that Christ has paid for my sins past present and future.
    Well he has paid for them all, but I still agree with you that we need to
    follow after and forsake our sins. Jesus pain the debt in full, but that just
    opens the curtain for us to walk with God, rejecting Him after that leads
    to other things.
    Kelly
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 11:341 edit
    The foolishness returns. Here is the passage which shows that there is a whole lot more that happened.

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house. (Acts 16:30-34 KJV)

Paul and the Apostles preached to the man and his household. They would have explained to these people what 'belief', righteousness and following in Christ means, the same way they explained it all over the writings of the New Testament.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 11:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well he has paid for them all, but I still agree with you that we need to
    follow after and forsake our sins. Jesus pain the debt in full, but that just
    opens the curtain for us to walk with God, rejecting Him after that leads
    to other things.
    Kelly
    That is correct, and as you say rejecting Christ after leads to 'other things'.
    Continuing in a sinful lifestyle over and over, is rejecting Christ.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 13:08
    We're barking up the same tree.

I would contest with you that is was not Christ's spiritual death but his physical one that completed the equation*

*i use this word to annoy twhitehead, in case he reads it 😛
    Crucifixion was a common means of capital punishment; thousands of human beings died in that manner. None could qualify to satisfy the Justice of God. Christ in Hypostatic Union dismissed His spirit when the work of Propitiation was done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree