1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 15:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I'll have to think about that one, do you?
    I've been living away from my home country for 23 years so I have been using deductive reasoning and inductive reasoning all that time to make sense of and navigate cultures ~ some of which took more figuring out than others! I shall have a think about it too.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 16:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you have any story about how inductive inference has let you down in the past and how you have gone about guarding against it happening again in the future?
    We got the OP the first time around, thanks.

And you expect us to believe your stories of people spamming you. You have no room to talk. The 'spam' seems to be one of your main tactics.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 19:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]'Inductive inference hasn't let me down in the past so I have no reason to think inductive inference will let me down in the future'.

Does anyone have an personal stories about how the above example of inductive inference has let them down in the past and how they go about guarding against it happening again in the future?[/b]
    Is this a quote from someone here? If it is can I guess who?

PS I have no idea what it means.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 21:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you have any story about how inductive inference has let you down in the past and how you have gone about guarding against it happening again in the future?
    Inductive reasoning has let me down during Texas Hold 'Em Poker. When the other player has nothing and chases a hand and gets completely lucky.

How do I guard against it? Screw games of chance, and stick to chess. 😛
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '14 21:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    We got the OP the first time around, thanks.

And you expect us to believe your stories of people spamming you. You have no room to talk. The 'spam' seems to be one of your main tactics.
    Did you get the OP first time round? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree