22 Oct '16 16:52
    Was the Mercedes designed by God?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 17:05
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Was the Mercedes designed by God?
    Was this question one of intelligent design ?
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 17:291 edit
    If man designs something, I would not expect it to be perfect. On the other hand, iuf god designs something, I would expect it to be perfect. Obviously, the design of the prostate is not perfect, therefore, I think god had nothing to do with it!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 17:41
    Originally posted by sonship
    On what basis is it wrong to be cruel and sadistic ?
    Is it just your personal preference one should not be?

Sounds like you have to steal concepts from a theistic worldview in order to use it to condemn God.

You have to sit on His lap in order to be able to reach His face to slap it.
    Come on sonship, human morality can stand on its own two feet without the need for a God. To suggest that knowledge of what is 'wrong and sadistic' is stolen from a theistic world view is a nonsense.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:042 edits
    If man designs something, I would not expect it to be perfect. On the other hand, iuf god designs something, I would expect it to be perfect. Obviously, the design of the prostate is not perfect, therefore, I think god had nothing to do with it!
    Only God is perfect, if he made us to be perfect we would be Gods, and would not need him anymore. Something doesn't have to be perfectly designed to exhibit qualities of intelligent design. Is a Mercedes perfect? No.Yet you would be a fool to assume it came about by random chance. If you can assume that an imperfect Mercedes was designed by an intelligent designer why can't you assume the same for an imperfect human?
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Come on sonship, human morality can stand on its own two feet without the need for a God. To suggest that knowledge of what is 'wrong and sadistic' is stolen from a theistic world view is a nonsense.
    But if there is no God then you can't be sure that something is truly wrong now can you?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:40
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    But if there is no God then you can't be sure that something is truly wrong now can you?
    God is your benchmark, not mine.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:42
    Would you stop believing that your Mercedes was designed by an intelligent designer the moment you ran into some engine trouble?
    Would you blame the intelligent designer of Mercedes if you poured acid into the gas tank
    instead of gas?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    God is your benchmark, not mine.
    Yes and your benchmark is the ever changing opinions of people?
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Would you blame the intelligent designer of Mercedes if you poured acid into the gas tank
    instead of gas?
    The Mercedes was not designed to last forever. Neither was the human body. The fact that something wears out doesn't mean it wasn't designed.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:55
    Originally posted by sonship
    When I was a computer programming student (back when dinosaurs walked the earth), I remember being fascinated by what the IBM operating system MVS could do.

If the operating system detected that something was not going right with some program, it could issue something called [b]a higher priority interrupt
    . The higher priority interrupt was ...[text shortened]... at something was wrong by means of some higher priority interruption in the normal flow of life?[/b]
    You would think that a "higher priority interrupt" would be able to prevent the eternal torturing of billions of people.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 19:17
    As the prostate enlarges (which is does in a majority of men),........

If god designed the prostate, his design clearly flunks! (Evolution explains the situation much better than intelligent design!)
    The bit you are missing, is that God designed men to only live to about 35. Its men meddling with medicine that is to blame!

I just noticed that the life expectancy in Zambia is now almost 60! When I left there ten years ago it was only 40. My guess is that this is because all the people with AIDS died off.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 19:18
    The Mercedes was not designed to last forever. Neither was the human body. The fact that something wears out doesn't mean it wasn't designed.
    Not true, the human body was designed to last forever until it sinned.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 19:27
    Yes and your benchmark is the ever changing opinions of people?
    As is yours. You just don't realise it.
  15. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 19:28
    Why then do all living creatures eventually die? I doubt that butterflies and flowers sin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree