1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 19:597 edits
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If man designs something, I would not expect it to be perfect. On the other hand, iuf god designs something, I would expect it to be perfect. Obviously, the design of the prostate is not perfect, therefore, I think god had nothing to do with it!

I see.

The malfunction of any body organs leads you to believe that God had no part in their design.

Does it also lead you to believe that none of the biological organs were intelligently designed?

Someone like Stephen Meyer, a major proponent of ID (which he argues is scientific) would be satisfied at this point as long as you recognized the greater probability for they're being intelligently designed whatever that intellegence was sourced in.

Could a very intelligent atheist from an extra-terrestrial planet with immense nano technological knowledge have designed the prostate ?

If so, Dr. Meyer would say, "Good enough". That is as an ID researcher he would.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 21:201 edit
    Why then do all living creatures eventually die? I doubt that butterflies and flowers sin.
    This world was placed in the hands of man and man fell thereby dragging the rest of the
    planet down. The ground was cursed due to man it all went to crap due to man. If you
    look at the history within scripture nations were judged by its leadership. Wicked leaders
    bring judgment on the nation. Which more than likely means American is in a world of
    dodo looking at what is coming no matter who wins the election.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 23:35
    Prostate cancer is bad enough. I, however, had benign prostate hyperplasia in mind. The prostate surrounds the tube through which urine must flow. As the prostate enlarges (which is does in a majority of men), it squeezes the tube through which the urine flows making it harder to urinate. The enlarging prostate also pushes on the bladder causing frequen ...[text shortened]... s design clearly flunks! (Evolution explains the situation much better than intelligent design!)
    Hmmmm, I would imagine an intelligent designer might make a body that could go several hundred years without problems. Kind of like in Genesis, no?

You want to find a scapegoat for prostate problems? Repeat after me: "Thanks, Adam."
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    23 Oct '16 00:301 edit
    Why then do all living creatures eventually die? I doubt that butterflies and flowers sin.
    Maybe they weren't meant to live forever? Maybe man corrupted their living environment? Good question though.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Oct '16 04:002 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As is yours. You just don't realise it.
    Sour grapes?

You just admitted that God is my benchmark and not yours.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Oct '16 11:30
    Originally posted by sonship
    The other possibility is that your thinking is warped and twisted.
    And the other possibility is there is no bible god and all your pithy sayings are totally man made. Which leaves evolution as to why we are so poorly made. Which explains why 500 MILLION died from two causes, war and TB. Just those two. So where was your god when those 300 MILLION died just from TB? Don't give me that crap they are going to a better place, that is an absolute lie and further they suffered terribly before they died, just like the tortured victims died at the hands of their torturers like early Christians and today ISIS murdering 8 year old boys for daring to want an education.
    Where was your god in all those cases? I'll tell you where you god was, in a figment of men's imagination. That is the only thing explaining all the misery on Earth. There is no bible god, all man made bull shyte, the biggest scam in human history and it continues to get people killed to this very day and tomorrow and the day after that and the year after that and the century after that and the millennium after that till all this bible god fades into the dust bin of history where it belongs and should never have been invented in the first place.

If your bible god wants to prove me wrong, I welcome its intervention but till then, humans telling all about the bible god are words wasted on me.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '16 11:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And the other possibility is there is no bible god and all your pithy sayings are totally man made. Which leaves evolution as to why we are so poorly made. Which explains why 500 MILLION died from two causes, war and TB. Just those two. So where was your god when those 300 MILLION died just from TB? Don't give me that crap they are going to a better place, ...[text shortened]... e its intervention but till then, humans telling all about the bible god are words wasted on me.
    How do you know that if it were not for God's intervention the wickedness of man would
    be doing much worse?
  8. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    23 Oct '16 22:40
    Originally posted by leunammi
    It's a fallen world my man, God created it perfect we messed it up. We have been in a decline mainly because of our choices without God.

How about this design... the whole male reproductive system and how it all functions together, aside from problems that occur later in life. Sorry you are having problems, I know it is difficult.
    Wow, you've said it brilliantly!

It is true that humans messed up the world and as a result we suffer. I too am sorry that 667joe is going through a rough time, just take this suffering you go through right now to get closer to God. Just remember, cancer can be beaten!
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    23 Oct '16 23:04
    I do not have prostate cancer. I have BPH and I don't blame god because god does not exist. I blame evolution!
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    23 Oct '16 23:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And the other possibility is there is no bible god and all your pithy sayings are totally man made. Which leaves evolution as to why we are so poorly made. Which explains why 500 MILLION died from two causes, war and TB. Just those two. So where was your god when those 300 MILLION died just from TB? Don't give me that crap they are going to a better place, ...[text shortened]... e its intervention but till then, humans telling all about the bible god are words wasted on me.
    I don’t believe that God directly causes pain and suffering. Why does He have to take blame when men and woman started the wars? They have their own free will!
  11. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 10:301 edit
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I don’t believe that God directly causes pain and suffering. Why does He have to take blame when men and woman started the wars? They have their own free will!
    So you are saying that if you knew that someone was being tortured in the house next door to you, you would not even bother to phone the police, on the basis that you did not directly cause the pain and therefore have no moral responsibility to act?
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 10:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you know that if it were not for God's intervention the wickedness of man would
    be doing much worse?
    Actually, if I were to accept your beliefs, God's future intervention will increase wickedness by a factor of infinity.
  13. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 10:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    This world was placed in the hands of man and man fell thereby dragging the rest of the
    planet down. The ground was cursed due to man it all went to crap due to man. If you
    look at the history within scripture nations were judged by its leadership. Wicked leaders
    bring judgment on the nation. Which more than likely means American is in a world of
    dodo looking at what is coming no matter who wins the election.
    Punishing someone for somebody else's actions is immoral.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 10:55
    Originally posted by sonship
    If man designs something, I would not expect it to be perfect. On the other hand, iuf god designs something, I would expect it to be perfect. Obviously, the design of the prostate is not perfect, therefore, I think god had nothing to do with it!

I see.

The malfunction of any body organs leads you to believe that God had no part in th ...[text shortened]... prostate ?

If so, Dr. Meyer would say, "Good enough". That is as an ID researcher he would.
    So you figure a 3 yo kid getting cancer is not the result of poor design? There are ANIMALS who far outperform humans on the cancer scale. Sharks for one seldom get cancer AND some have shown to have lives as long as 400 years. Sounds like if your god designed it all, it didn't like humans so much but put major benefits on some fish rather than humans.

Pretty good argument AGAINST ID.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 11:43
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Actually, if I were to accept your beliefs, God's future intervention will increase wickedness by a factor of infinity.
    You don't have clue about my beliefs if that is what you think. I do believe man's wickedness
    is going to increase, but God will cut it off and end it along with all who do evil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree