1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 01:00
    Originally posted by AvinashTyagi
    No Confusion, i've read them, its all there😀
    Sure: like the raping of children directive. Give it up, son.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 01:133 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Sure: like the raping of children directive. Give it up, son.
    I see you're unfamiliar with how the Abrahamic God told them to go destroy the Midianites, and all of the young girls who were virgins were to be kept for themselves, all of this commanded to them by the Abrahamic God.

Or how the Lord said that when they conquer a city they should keep all the virgin girls for themselves, etc. etc.

You should reread Numbers, Deuteronomy, etc.

Also be sure to read the part where God tells them to stone Rape victims to death along with their rapist

Or how God punishes David by having his wife raped by the neighbor
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 02:48
    I see you're unfamiliar with how the Abrahamic God told them to go destroy the Midianites, and all of the young girls who were virgins were to be kept for themselves, all of this commanded to them by the Abrahamic God.

Or how the Lord said that when they conquer a city they should keep all the virgin girls for themselves, etc. etc.

You should rere ...[text shortened]... h along with their rapist

Or how God punishes David by having his wife raped by the neighbor
    youre both straying from the point, it seems God has committed the deadly sins "envy" and "wrath", and maybe others if not all of them. can anyone explain this or give examples of more deadly sins?
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 02:53
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    youre both straying from the point, it seems God has committed the deadly sins "envy" and "wrath", and maybe others if not all of them. can anyone explain this or give examples of more deadly sins?
    The excuse i've heard from Christians is that since he's God he's allowed to commit sins, but the thing I say, is if he can't stick to his own rules then why expect us to stick to them
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 02:59
    The excuse i've heard from Christians is that since he's God he's allowed to commit sins, but the thing I say, is if he can't stick to his own rules then why expect us to stick to them
    well that excuse is pretty lame, but i wonder what the reason for it is. if he can do it, why cant we? is it something about those particular sins that makes him divine and us human? i think those sins are all things that maybe he is characterized by, so its like if we commit those sins we are imitating him.
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:02
    Surely if God were to exist it could do whatever it freakin' well likes!
    I don't know how a God could be constrained by any rules or laws and still be considered a God.

Alternatively, if God doesn't exist (as I believe), our descriptions of this entity are completely and totally influenced by the nature of our lives (or the lives of those who invented it) and the experiences we have - so wars, rape, murder, revenge, etc. are to be expected, as are love, kindness, compassion, and so on, since these are all manifested in our actions.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:13
    Originally posted by amannion
    Surely if God were to exist it could do whatever it freakin' well likes!
    I don't know how a God could be constrained by any rules or laws and still be considered a God.

Alternatively, if God doesn't exist (as I believe), our descriptions of this entity are completely and totally influenced by the nature of our lives (or the lives of those who invented i ...[text shortened]... as are love, kindness, compassion, and so on, since these are all manifested in our actions.
    Why should we be held to any of his Laws then? Its like a Parent telling his kid not to steal and then stealing himself
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:14
    Why should we be held to any of his Laws then? Its like a Parent telling his kid not to steal and then stealing himself
    Exactly.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:221 edit
    youre both ignoring my post though, scroll up i provided an explanation.
    Edit: similiar to when adam and eve at off the tree and satan told them the only reason God doesnt want them to was cuz they would have godly powers or w/e. maybe that is why we cant commit deadly sins, cuz its like imitating God.
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:30
    Edit: similiar to when adam and eve at off the tree and satan told them the only reason God doesnt want them to was cuz they would have godly powers or w/e. maybe that is why we cant commit deadly sins, cuz its like imitating God.
    Perhaps, it could be a way of keeping us below him, he does seem to be a Jealous God
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:32
    There's a principle sometimes used in science called Occam's Razor. Essentially it says, if you have two explanations for something, the simplest explanation is usually the better explanation.

You can wangle you way out of God's actions and human actions and so on with as much fancy footwork as you like - but the similar explanation is that it doesn't exist, and this is probably the better explanation.
    It's the one I favour anyway.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:42
    There's a principle sometimes used in science called Occam's Razor. Essentially it says, if you have two explanations for something, the simplest explanation is usually the better explanation.

You can wangle you way out of God's actions and human actions and so on with as much fancy footwork as you like - but the similar explanation is that it doesn't exist, and this is probably the better explanation.
    It's the one I favour anyway.
    you can just as easily say he does exist. actually it takes less words to say "God exists" than to say "God doesn't exist".
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:43
    Perhaps, it could be a way of keeping us below him, he does seem to be a Jealous God
    no i dont think so, i just think that if we commit those sins it is like we are imitating him.
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 03:50
    you can just as easily say he does exist. actually it takes less words to say "God exists" than to say "God doesn't exist".
    Simplest in this sense doesn't mean smaller number of words, idiot.
    It means, what requires the less assumptions, less logical steps, and so on.
    No God, and our creation of it from human nature, is simpler than the dances you need to go through to keep the concept viable and meaningful.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 04:02
    Simplest in this sense doesn't mean smaller number of words, idiot.
    It means, what requires the less assumptions, less logical steps, and so on.
    No God, and our creation of it from human nature, is simpler than the dances you need to go through to keep the concept viable and meaningful.
    im not an idiot watch your mouth, im above average intelligence; not many 15 year olds can even comprehend what i think about. in fact, im probably smarter than your two kids.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree