interesting

interesting

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
30 Oct 06

it seems that God commits deadly sins: ENVY- "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me", maybe there is more, and maybe that is wrong. an athiest may find this contradicting and take this chance immediately to criticize, but from a Christian point of view, maybe there is a reason God can commit deadly sins and we can not. maybe it is what defines God as God.

Jew.

Moves
30 Oct 06
2 edits

A

Moves
30 Oct 06

The Abrahamic God is a Murderer

w

Moves
30 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by AvinashTyagi
The Abrahamic God is a Murderer
Your telling me. He even sent his own Son to die on a cross for our sins. He is barbaric if you ask me.

A

Moves
30 Oct 06

Originally posted by whodey
Your telling me. He even sent his own Son to die on a cross for our sins. He is barbaric if you ask me.
Wiping out cities, flooding the planet, ordering his chosen people to wipe out other groups of people and to rape and kill children yes, yes he is

E

Moves
30 Oct 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
Jealous may be an interpretation error, like a day not being a day may also be in Genesis. Jealous seems more like being a strict/protecting God...

God is God from a Christian context, who knows all things(unlike us) & is good. He would always use the appropriate force in His punishments. We lack.

Do you think Bush used/encouraged false gods to help in the invasion of Iraq?
what about the deadly sin "Wrath"? the phrase "God's wrath" can be found in the bible.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
30 Oct 06

Wiping out cities, flooding the planet, ordering his chosen people to wipe out other groups of people and to rape and kill children yes, yes he is
All this demonstrates is that God is a human construction that changes/evolves as human societies change, progressing from the vengeful and violent God of the OT to the caring, brotherly God of the NT.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Oct 06

No quote like a misquote, that's what I always say. And you can quote me!

E

Moves
30 Oct 06

sounds more like muslim God.

A

Moves
30 Oct 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
sounds more like muslim God.
Its all in the Old Testamant of the Bible

A

Moves
30 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
No quote like a misquote, that's what I always say. And you can quote me!
Please Clarify

E

Moves
30 Oct 06

Its all in the Old Testamant of the Bible
the way you put it seems more harsh.

A

Moves
30 Oct 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
the way you put it seems more harsh.
I'm putting it like it says

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Oct 06

Please Clarify
Your confusion regarding the Scriptures, for one.

A

Moves
31 Oct 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Your confusion regarding the Scriptures, for one.
No Confusion, i've read them, its all there😀