1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 04:07
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    im not an idiot watch your mouth, im above average intelligence; not many 15 year olds can even comprehend what i think about. in fact, im probably smarter than your two kids.
    Given that they are 5 and 3 that wouldn't be too hard. (Although, they are pretty smart - but then, so thinks every parent.)
    If you're so smart why are you musing on so many pointless and uninteresting questions?
    There are much more interesting things to contemplate: does God exist? what are the implications of a world without God? and so on.
    Start using your brain ...
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 04:08
    No need to fight you two, lets keep this discussion civil
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 04:151 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    Given that they are 5 and 3 that wouldn't be too hard. (Although, they are pretty smart - but then, so thinks every parent.)
    If you're so smart why are you musing on so many pointless and uninteresting questions?
    There are much more interesting things to contemplate: does God exist? what are the implications of a world without God? and so on.
    Start using your brain ...
    what do you think ive been doing? i started thread from all the questions ive had. go look at them, and there is no such thing as a dumb question. you dont learn til you ask questions.
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 04:26
    what do you think ive been doing? i started thread from all the questions ive had. go look at them, and there is no such thing as a dumb question. you dont learn til you ask questions.
    That's just something people tell you to keep your spirits up when you ask one. There are indeed dumb questions.
    I'm guilty of asking one or two myself.
    But seriously, most of your questions are framed from one perspective - getting into the nature of your belief. That's cool, but you should try to go beyond this perspective and step outside your beliefs. Be critical of them. Analyse the nature of them. Why do you believe these things? Why do other people believe other things?
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 04:34
    That's just something people tell you to keep your spirits up when you ask one. There are indeed dumb questions.
    I'm guilty of asking one or two myself.
    But seriously, most of your questions are framed from one perspective - getting into the nature of your belief. That's cool, but you should try to go beyond this perspective and step outside your beliefs. ...[text shortened]... he nature of them. Why do you believe these things? Why do other people believe other things?
    i do. i do question my own beliefs etc. i am asking why does God sin right now, not something most Christians would ask.
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 05:20
    i [b]do. i do question my own beliefs etc. i am asking why does God sin right now, not something most Christians would ask.[/b]
    Fair enough, but I would go back to an earlier point of mine.
    Either God does whatever the hell it wants - since it's God and can do so, without rhyme or reason. (God by definition being outside the bounds of nature need not act in any sort of reasoned way.)
    Or God does not exist, since the actions attributed to it are at best contradictory and at worst incomprehensible.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 04:56
    Fair enough, but I would go back to an earlier point of mine.
    Either God does whatever the hell it wants - since it's God and can do so, without rhyme or reason. (God by definition being outside the bounds of nature need not act in any sort of reasoned way.)
    Or God does not exist, since the actions attributed to it are at best contradictory and at worst incomprehensible.
    im waiting for a response from someone intelligent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree