interpretation

interpretation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Apr 12

Originally posted by humy
“....It is mistranslated and misinterpreted due to man's lack of knowledge AND NOT
due to any shortcomings of God. ...” ( your quote from the first post on this thread + my emphasis )

This is in response to stellspalfie first post where his main point was:

“....surly a being intelligent enough to create the universe would also be able to spread its ...[text shortened]... n, again, that would logically contradict 'he' being all-knowing.
We don't know the mind of God, but we know that man chose to disobey God.
After this man was left on his own without instruction from God. So man's lack
of understanding is a result of man's sin against God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
And this would be so even if your organisation didn't distribute the "Bible aids" and other literature that it does?
You bet.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
im not really accusing the bible of contradicting itself. im thinking about the vagueness of certain passages that seem to lead to much confusion between followers, its clear that this happens just by looking at how much the christian denominations argue between themselves. so what is the purpose of leaving things so open to interpretation?

the line ...[text shortened]... ns? its one of gods main laws so surly its important to know if its bein adhered to correctly.
Perhaps you missed my comment in the beginning why they Bible is written the way it is. The truth in the Bible is to be searched out. The reason for this is so God will have to see ones motives and their heart condition to be given the knowledge and hope he only gives out to ones that he approves.
It is a gift and not all will recieve it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Apr 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
I dont think he has the ability to understand your point.
Do you EVER have anything positive to say about anyone or anything other then yourself?
You are such a perfect example of a loving and caring Christian aren't you???????????????

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Here's an example.

In the "Why didn't Jesus condemn slavery?" thread you made the following assertion:
"The Bible does not approve of the kind of slavery your probably thinking of...It was only a slavery to repay a debt you could not repay but could be repaid with time and then you were set free. There were many laws set up by God to protect the slave a slave is allowed - just not so badly that he doesn't survive a day or two. [/quote]
Obviously nothing I could explain to you will make any difference, so I have waisted enough time trying on that subject.
The thread was asking why so many different opinions on the bible and that's what I would like to continue on speaking about.

F

Moves
17 Apr 12

Originally posted by galveston75
You bet.....
How would the uniformity come about? I think you need to explain. With no "Bible aids" and no "printed literature", how would the proceedings and content at every Kingdom Hall in the world always be the same?

Moves
17 Apr 12

Perhaps you missed my comment in the beginning why they Bible is written the way it is. The truth in the Bible is to be searched out. The reason for this is so God will have to see ones motives and their heart condition to be given the knowledge and hope he only gives out to ones that he approves.
The truth in the Bible is to be searched out. The reason for this is so God will have to see ones motives and their heart condition to be given the knowledge and hope he only gives out to ones that he approves.

If I were starting a religion I would definitely include that as a key tenet. This is not to say it isn't in accord with some theory of truth.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
How would the uniformity come about? I think you need to explain. With no "Bible aids" and no "printed literature", how would the proceedings and content at every Kingdom Hall in the world always be the same?
By God's direction and using his spirit to inform the ones taking the lead in the congregations. He's done that in the past with the Isrealites and Jews and will continue to use that method to direct ones that are listening to him.
But can we still use telephones if it's ok with you?

F

Moves
17 Apr 12

But can we still use telephones if it's ok with you?
So the organisation would create and control the uniformity by telecommunications rather than using print media?

T

Moves
17 Apr 12
1 edit

Obviously nothing I could explain to you will make any difference, so I have waisted enough time trying on that subject.
The thread was asking why so many different opinions on the bible and that's what I would like to continue on speaking about.
Seems like it's an issue that would be difficult for you to address, so I'm not surprised that you've found "reasons" to avoid it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
So the organisation would create and control the uniformity by telecommunications rather than using print media?
It was just a joke. God does not need to use anything we may print to teach ones who are wanting to learn. But he does and we take advantage of it like most other religions of the world. Why do you have such a probelem with that issue or can you not comprehend God's ability to teach by any means possible including printed liturature??

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Apr 12

Seems like it's an issue that would be difficult for you to address, so I'm not surprised that you've found "reasons" to avoid it.
Whatever makes you happy my friend.

F

Moves
18 Apr 12

It was just a joke. God does not need to use anything we may print to teach ones who are wanting to learn. But he does and we take advantage of it like most other religions of the world. Why do you have such a probelem with that issue or can you not comprehend God's ability to teach by any means possible including printed liturature??
You contend that it is God who is sending printed materials to all the Kingdom Halls all around the world each week?

T

Moves
18 Apr 12

Whatever makes you happy my friend.
It is what it is. If you were able to address it, I'd think you would.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Apr 12

It is what it is. If you were able to address it, I'd think you would.
Start a new thread on it....