1. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 01:57
    We celebrate Christmas in December, but Jesus was born in March.

God created Adam, but calls Jesus his son.

God never said "Let there be sex".

About 3.2% of Christians have actually read the Bible.

About 53% of atheists have read the Bible.

Of the top ten prestigious and respected scholors on religion, 6 of them are atheists.

God promises "eternal life" to those faithful, but heck, a Christian is dying every 29 seconds. (Makes you wonder).

Accepting that everything in Islam, Christianity, and Judism is true, we're all going to hell. (Bummer).
  2. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 02:24
    Originally posted by abejnood

Of the top ten prestigious and respected scholors on religion, 6 of them are atheists.

God promis ...[text shortened]... that everything in Islam, Christianity, and Judism is true, we're all going to hell. (Bummer).
    Your equation have forgotten the random tangent....this is beyond my mathematical abilities so good luck!
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 02:26

God promis ...[text shortened]... that everything in Islam, Christianity, and Judism is true, we're all going to hell. (Bummer).
    Interesting. I've always thought that most atheists were more knowledgable about the bible than most christians. That's why they want nothing to do with it.

I've heard other people say that Jesus was born in March. What is the basis for this claim?
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 02:33
    "God created Adam, but calls Jesus his son." Abe

Yeah. Interesting observation.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 02:59
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I've heard other people say that Jesus was born in March. What is the basis for this claim?
    Here's one Christian source:

"The exact date of Jesus' birth is a mystery. About the best we can do is to narrow it down to seasons. The Bible does give us one clue. The shepherds were in the fields with their flocks at night when Jesus was born. This clearly indicates that Jesus was born during the warmer seasons. During the coldest months like December or January, the shepherds didn't sleep in the fields but would bring their flocks into corals. There is virtual agreement among scholars that December 25 is not the birth date, not even the month that Jesus was born."

http://www.bible.ca/D-Xmas-story.htm
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 05:12
    Here is a Jewish website that using various events from scripture calculates Jesus' birthday as 15 Tishri in the Jewish calendar. http://www.assemblies.org/dis_general/_disc1/00000018.htm

I believe that Tishri generally starts in late September or early October. Any Jewish calendar experts out there?
  7. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 05:48
    Interesting. I've always thought that most atheists were more knowledgable about the bible than most christians. That's why they want nothing to do with it.

"I've always thought that most atheists were more knowledgable about the bible than most christians. "

That concurs with my experience too. Most of the people I've talked to who declare themselves 'atheist' are more knowledgeable about the Bible than those who call themselves 'christians' - although I don't agree with your conclusion. 😉
  8. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 05:54

Knowledge will not save one; salvation, and salvation alone will save....that's why most professors in today's Colleges and Universities are the Devil's puppets and parrots...
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 06:00
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Knowledge will not save one; salvation, and salvation alone will save....that's why most professors in today's Colleges and Universities are the Devil's puppets and parrots...
    Salvation saves?

Brilliant. What a freaking insight!

No wonder you resent those complicated college professors. They
    just make the Bible too dang complicated.

Nemesio
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 06:015 edits
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    most professors in today's Colleges and Universities are the Devil's puppets and parrots...
    Do you really believe this? I hope bbarr likes crackers. That's if he's lucky. Otherwise, he's got a painful career ahead of him, unless he gets to be one of the string puppets, but that seems a little to gentle to suit the Devil's style. I'm sure he goes elbow deep.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 06:321 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you really believe this?
    Hells yeah. He done said it, he's gonna stick by it!

Them dang professors, theys too smart. They just all confuse the Bible,
    makin' us scratch our heads and makin' Jesus out to be all crazy.

If English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for chancremechanic!
    As big as the horns on a black Angus, the Bible says that Jesus was born on
    the 25th, and so it's gotta be true!

Just pick up ya Bible and read on, honkey. Salvation saves!

😛

Nemesio
  12. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 23:41
    Interesting. I've always thought that most atheists were more knowledgable about the bible than most christians.
    Isn't that more or less what I said?
  13. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 23:55
    Isn't that more or less what I said?
    vis-a-vis....is Biblical knowledge of an atheist built up through hatred of Christians at times.Yes and it therefore gets robbed of what it was actually written for....part of which i believe is sciene yet it should also like the main purpose of it's writtings (Jesus) be interperted in the good way it was intended and not blinded through ones anger.I know a lot of science can be proven through the Bible yet there is a whole lot of golf left in that shot as some unintelegent life forms hit the ball the wrong way.lol.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 00:02
    Originally posted by windmill
    vis-a-vis....is Biblical knowledge of an atheist built up through hatred of Christians at times.Yes and it therefore gets robbed of what it was actually written for....part of which i believe is sciene yet it should also like the main purpose of it's writtings (Jesus) be interperted in the good way it was intended and not blinded through ones anger.I know ...[text shortened]... le lot of golf left in that shot as some unintelegent life forms hit the ball the wrong way.lol.
    Are you saying all atheists hate god? And that therefore science is clouded. And in fact that science is interpreted incorrectly; it should be so, not emprically is it is, but through a presumed stance of faith?
  15. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 00:13
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Are you saying all atheists hate god? And that therefore science is clouded. And in fact that science is interpreted incorrectly; it should be so, not emprically is it is, but through a presumed stance of faith?
    I'm saying athiests and Christians get angry at each other when dealing with science and a lot of the good that could be found is never found.Logically it is good to have two sides of the fence otherwise no movement would persist.In anger the iq should drop....not always but overall movement will be found at a negative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree