1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Actually consumerism, and more precisely trying to trick shoppers who are often short on time goes to the heart of robbing the average joe who is just trying to make an honest living for his family and prolly doesn't care what kind of toilet paper he buys.

It's I tell ya - rotten to the core. not just money, but the very life force (prana) that peop ...[text shortened]... eally care either. Thats why they get the job.

Oh yes- this is just the tip of the iceberg
    I get so tired of all you skeptics in this forum mocking my serious spiritual experiences....! 😠
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 15:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What gets me is my mums boyfriend of 10 years. He uses more paper than the average female ????
    What the hell does he do in there. (I have my theories- one is that he makes several layers of paper in the bottom of the bowl so that no splashes touch his delicate arse..lol)
    i dont know the man, but going by what youve said i feel like i know him enough to say - he's probably masturbating in your bathroom and saving money by using your toilet role to clean up his seminal fluids.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 16:20
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    all you need to know about the universe and the big bang. its eyes closed and fingers in your ears time for you dasa. rj and jaywill will need to find some fake scientist/preacher sat in his lab/garage on youtube spouting nonsensical theories. robbie and galveston will need to prepare their magnificent slight of hand magic distraction/off topic techniqu ...[text shortened]... ......hallel-scientific-factual-backed-up-by-data-ujah!!!!

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/
    ummm do the words 'unobserved phenomena', mean anything to you?
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 16:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, santa. nobody ever sees him, but the toys are always there on christmas morning. explain that.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 16:311 edit
    depends on the copy. some are very absorbent and do the job. some have that shiny paper that just smears it around.

just a joke christian dudes. i do not condone the use of bibles as toilet paper, unless you are really,really desperate.
    Sears & Roebuck catalogs were a favorite for the old outhouses.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 16:331 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Isn't an unobserved phenomenon, a noumenon, for otherwise it is nonexistent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noumenon

quote:

The noumenon is a posited object or event that is known (if at all) without the use of the senses.[1] The term is generally used in contrast with, or in relation to "phenomenon", which refers to anything that appears to, or is an object of, the senses.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 19:00
    all you need to know about the universe and the big bang. its eyes closed and fingers in your ears time for you dasa. rj and jaywill will need to find some fake scientist/preacher sat in his lab/garage on youtube spouting nonsensical theories. robbie and galveston will need to prepare their magnificent slight of hand magic distraction/off topic techniqu ...[text shortened]... ......hallel-scientific-factual-backed-up-by-data-ujah!!!!

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/
    If I am a "knuckle dragger" - primitive or something -
    What was it in that webstite that I was suppose to not be aware of, at least as a theory ?
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If I am a "knuckle dragger" - primitive or something -
    What was it in that webstite that I was suppose to not be aware of, at least as a theory ?
    the link was mainly aimed at dasa and rj for their constant comments debunking the big bang theory without defending their viewpoint, the post and run technique. you got a name check for the usually bad (in my opinion) youtube video's you put up.

the op title is just a bit gentle teasing, where i come from its part of the culture for men (and women) to poke fun at each other. if you are offended, let me know and ill normally apologize.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 09:012 edits
    the link was mainly aimed at dasa and rj for their constant comments debunking the big bang theory without defending their viewpoint, the post and run technique. you got a name check for the usually bad (in my opinion) youtube video's you put up.

the op title is just a bit gentle teasing, where i come from its part of the culture for men (and women) to poke fun at each other. if you are offended, let me know and ill normally apologize.
    So what you criticize RJ and Dasa for is exactly what you do concerning video links I put out - criticism ( "in your opinion" ) without defending your own viewpoint.

Give yourself a name check stellspalfie !

And this question fielding by John Lennox is excellent.

Common Objections Atheists Make

YouTube
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 10:302 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    So what you criticize RJ and Dasa for is exactly what you do concerning video links I put out - criticism ( "in your opinion" ) without defending your own viewpoint.

Give yourself a name check stellspalfie !

And this Question fielding by John Lennox is [b]excellent

Common Objections Atheists Make

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVallWIA4G8[/b]
    i disagree, rj and dasa do it nearly every post. they make wild comments and never back them up. im not saying everybody has to write an essay every time they disagree with a point. people are busy and dont always have time for in depth answers, but there has to be balance. if people cant back up what they have said the should say. or if you respect the answer you have been given, even if you disagree with it, you should say so. i like to think i do.

im pretty sure i very rarely leave comments on your youtube clips. if there are any comments i leave that you think are wrong and deserve a better response, say so and i will.

the new video is over and 1hr and 30mins long!!!!! i only get a few minutes here and there through out the day, so it gonna take me a long time to watch it, also id rather discuss our opinions rather than somebody on youtubes. it could just end up with us not debating and both just sticking up videos to argue our points.

well ive just watched the first minute of the video and already its descended into nonsensical rubbish. science could easily find out why she made the cake, she is there to talk about her cake it is not the same type of reasoning as god making the universe, god cannot be asked about the universe, christians just accept it. it would only be a fair comparison if she was not there and he just guessed who made the cake and who it was for.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 18:11
    i disagree, rj and dasa do it nearly every post. they make wild comments and never back them up. im not saying everybody has to write an essay every time they disagree with a point. people are busy and dont always have time for in depth answers, but there has to be balance. if people cant back up what they have said the should say. or if you respect the ...[text shortened]... a fair comparison if she was not there and he just guessed who made the cake and who it was for.
    My comments are not wild. They are backed up by the Holy Bible.
    Why don't you read it out loud with your ears and mind wide open
    and your brain fully engaged. Maybe you will learn something from
    the knuckle draggers. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 18:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My comments are not wild. They are backed up by the Holy Bible.
    Why don't you read it out loud with your ears and mind wide open
    and your brain fully engaged. Maybe you will learn something from
    the knuckle draggers. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!.
    okay, lets try this old chestnut again.

there is light in the universe we can measure very accurately that is millions of years old. can you tell me how that is possible if the universe is 6000 years old? im happy for you to refer to the bible for answers.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 20:37
    okay, lets try this old chestnut again.

there is light in the universe we can measure very accurately that is millions of years old. can you tell me how that is possible if the universe is 6000 years old? im happy for you to refer to the bible for answers.
    Man is only speculating that light is millions of years old. Man can measure
    approximately how fast light travels now but does not know if it always had
    a constant speed. Man must assume things that he can not know own his
    own in the estimate of the age of light.

The Holy Bible says God created the heavens and the Earth in one day. He
    tells of this creation from the point of view of one being on the Earth. So
    light was created before any stars that we think produce the light we see
    from the heavens. God did create our sun and stars to project light, as well
    as the moon to defect light, to the Earth.

God then stretched out the heavens and according to scientists it is still being
    stretched out, because some scientist say distant stars seem to be moving
    away from the Earth faster than the speed of light. Even though the stars
    we see today are very far away. It may have not been so at creation if we
    believe what the Holy Bible has to say about it.

Therefore, I do not think that the time it would take for light traveling at the
    estimated speed we know it moves today to get to the earth from a distant
    star can prove beyond a doubt that the star or the light is a certain age. We
    would have to assume, basically, that it has always been the same as it is
    today and we have reason to believe, even from science, that it has changed.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 23:04
    i dont know the man, but going by what youve said i feel like i know him enough to say - he's probably masturbating in your bathroom and saving money by using your toilet role to clean up his seminal fluids.
    Yeah, but he has no sex drive. The guy is strange.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Apr '12 10:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Man is only speculating that light is millions of years old. Man can measure
    approximately how fast light travels now but does not know if it always had
    a constant speed. Man must assume things that he can not know own his
    own in the estimate of the age of light.

The Holy Bible says God created the heavens and the Earth in one day. He
    tells of th ...[text shortened]... the same as it is
    today and we have reason to believe, even from science, that it has changed.
    science knows the exact speed of light and the speed of light is a constant. we know exactly how far the light has traveled by using things like triangulation and measuring redshift. these are not theories up for debate, they are exact science.

if god moved the stars 6000 years ago and we were receiving the light that was emitted when the star was closer the wavelength of the light would tell us this.

if he moved all the start 6000 years ago but moved some stars further than 6000 light years away he would have had to speed up the speed of light so we could receive it, which would screw up what we know about energy and mass. you could argue that god has supernatural powers and can create any situation he wants, but that begs the question, why would he want to fool people, makes god a bit of a dick in my eyes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree