1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 01:17
    Originally posted by chinking58
    I thought dj made a good distinction between proving a negative and a positive.

One can prove a positive. The fact that my watch exists proves that there was a watchmaker, for example.

Now (if you're on the ball), you'll say that if there is a God, then there must be a Godmaker, but that falls apart under any given definition of God. Any god tha ...[text shortened]... all g god and is not what we are talking about. But God, capital G, is preexistent and eternal.
    If your watch was made in a factory there is no one watchmaker. Could we be in a factory made universe for the mass processing of souls?
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 10:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    There is no need to prove God existence, when he already has through his son Jesus.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah right, and the pixies at the bottom of my garden have too.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 12:35
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Christianity is the only religion in the world that is based upon historical evidence.The evidence is overwhelming. No one can not believe in Christ because of a lack of evidence.
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 12:38
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]Yeah right, and the pixies at the bottom of my garden have too.

Christianity is the only religion in the world that is based upon historical evidence.The evidence is overwhelming. No one can not believe in Christ because of a lack of evidence.[/b]
    They might be evidence that Jesus lived. They is no evidence Jesus lives.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 13:03
    Originally posted by invigorate
    They might be evidence that Jesus lived. They is no evidence Jesus lives.
    The evidence for the resurrestion of Jesus Christ has been examined more carefully than the evidence for any other fact of history! The evidences for the resurrection of Christ, in the minds of those who have taken the time to examine it, is very, very significant. I have met many people who do not believe in the resurrestion of Christ, but I have never met one person who has read even a single book on the evidences for the Resurection who did not believe it.
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 13:10
    I have met many people who do not believe in the resurrestion of Christ, but I have never met one person who has read even a single book on the evidences for the Resurection who did not believe it.
    What book do you recommend?

I want to know more about the evidence for the Resurrection. I have to figure from your assertion that I too, will believe. I am very open-minded so I will dismiss nothing out of hand.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 13:26
    Originally posted by eagles54
    What book do you recommend?

I want to know more about the evidence for the Resurrection. I have to figure from your assertion that I too, will believe. I am very open-minded so I will dismiss nothing out of hand.
    Well for starters I would recommend

Why I Believe In The Resurrection
    Dr. D. James Kennedy

http://www.coralridge.org/CRMResCtrdetail.asp?cat=sermon&pc=1EV
  8. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 13:33
    Well for starters I would recommend

Why I Believe In The Resurrection
    Dr. D. James Kennedy

http://www.coralridge.org/CRMResCtrdetail.asp?cat=sermon&pc=1EV
    Great, thanks.

I will order it when I get home tonight.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 13:45
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Great, thanks.

I will order it when I get home tonight.
    Pleasure. Enjoy.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 16:14
    The evidence for the resurrestion of Jesus Christ has been examined more carefully than the evidence for any other fact of history! The evidences for the resurrection of Christ, in the minds of those who have taken the time to examine it, is very, very significant. I have met many people who do not believe in the resurrestion of Christ, but I have never me ...[text shortened]... on who has read even a single book on the evidences for the Resurection who did not believe it.
    The evidence for the resurrestion of Jesus Christ has been examined more carefully than the evidence for any other fact of history!

BS.
  11. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 16:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    ... BS.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 16:36
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Since the statement is manifestly absurd, the description is apt.
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 16:38
    ...manifestly absurd, .....
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 19:37
    The evidence for the resurrestion of Jesus Christ has been examined more carefully than the evidence for any other fact of history!

BS.
    You're starting to bore me with your fallacies, no1. Either study up or let the big atheists do the hard work.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 19:56
    Originally posted by Darfius
    You're starting to bore me with your fallacies, no1. Either study up or let the big atheists do the hard work.
    The forums don't exist solely for your entertainment. The whole "I'm bored" line is getting really really old.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree