Is Atheism irrational?

Is Atheism irrational?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Apr 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
The forums don't exist solely for your entertainment. The whole "I'm bored" line is getting really really old.
So you think the forums are for spraying others with expletives rather than providing useful feedback?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
12 Apr 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
So you think the forums are for spraying others with expletives rather than providing useful feedback?
I'd rather have expletives than cut-n-paste jobs from those incapable of arguing their own point. Did you believe in God before Google?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
13 Apr 05

I'd rather have expletives than cut-n-paste jobs from those incapable of arguing their own point. Did you believe in God before Google?
Google

Results about 121,000,000 for God

Results about 65,300,000 for no God

about 2 to 1 in God's favor.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Google

That's the evidence I needed to push me over! I'm going back to Christianity. Google just can't be wrong. I worship Google!

a

Meddling with things

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Google

Millions of flies eat shit.....doesn't mean I want to

Moves
13 Apr 05
1 edit

Yes. Is there any specific reason why you don't believe in God?

a

Meddling with things

Moves
13 Apr 05

Is there a specific reason you don't believe in fairies?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
13 Apr 05

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
Is there a specific reason you don't believe in fairies?
A fairy is defined as "A tiny imaginary being in human form, depicted as clever, mischievous, and possessing magical powers."

I have not seen any evidence to suggest that fairies exist.

God, however, is defined as "A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe."

I look at the universe everyday. Thus I cannot but believe in the existance of God.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
13 Apr 05

God, however, is defined as "A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe."

I look at the universe everyday. Thus I cannot but believe in the existance of God.

[/b]

I look at the universe everyday. Thus I cannot believe in the existence of God.

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser

I look at the universe everyday. Thus I cannot believe in the existence of God.
What you like to stipulate any intelligent reason for this?

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
13 Apr 05

I see billions of majestic stars, many teeming with life.
I see suffering on this earth caused by the brutality of man.
Someone capable of making such majesty cannot be capable of causing such utter misery. Thus there is nobody capable of making such majesty. We are here on our own and must fall back on our resources to make our lives worthwhile and the world a better place without believing in fairies.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Apr 05

I left christianity because the bible has too many self-contradictions in it. I am an agnostic; I believe that it's not possible to know whether God (or similar uber-powerful being) exists.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
20 Aug 05

I left christianity because the bible has too many self-contradictions in it. I am an agnostic; I believe that it's not possible to know whether God (or similar uber-powerful being) exists.
Man, this forum seems vanilla nowadays when compared to some of these old threads.

L

Moves
20 Aug 05

Atheism is a universal negative. Everyone who has studied logic knows that you cannot prove a universal negative. If you say that that there is no such thing in the universe as little green men, for instance, there is no way to prove it. You'd have to travel through every planet and every star and inside every star and through every galaxy in the entire u ...[text shortened]... ith Him forever. It is my earnest desire that that assurance may be yours, if it is not already.
Is Atheism irrational?

no. granted, some forms of atheism are irrational. one of your main problems is that you think all atheists are strong atheists. you still don't know how to debate weak atheists.

So it's impossible to to prove that there is no such thing as little green men or angles or God. Therefore atheism is a logical contradiction...

i rest my case.