@ TOPIC

Y E S
    IT IS NEMESIS !
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 14:57
    Originally posted by UncleMick
    Are you for real? Everyone is anti-Bush this, anti-America that, the timing is frightening, don't you think?
    LMAO! So the crime you spoke of in the thread title is being Anti-American/Bush?! Are you for real?
  3. Joined
    01 Sep '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 15:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    LMAO! So the crime you spoke of in the thread title is being Anti-American/Bush?! Are you for real?
    no, the crimes i spoke of in the title is america's agression and arrogance. the co-incidence i spoke of it that everyone is saying how bad america is, god is on the side of humanity, everyone knows that, hence the co-incidence that everyone is anti-american, just as god sends a hurricane to punish america.

take care to read more carefully!
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 17:02
    To answer the question in your thread title : No.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 20:54
    Look at the Hurricane, it can't be co-incidence.
    No !! God is not in the punishing business...yet....He is God the Father....not the Godfather!!
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 21:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 21:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 21:28
    The word of God says it rains on the just and the unjust.
  9. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 22:001 edit
    Actually, it can't be anything but a coincidence.
    Although I'm not sure which crimes we would be punished for, we got away with napalming kids in Vietnam and putting our own citizens in concentration camps in WWII, nuking innocent civilians, and slavery.

And we don't have nearly the crimes the Nazis, Japanesse, or if you really want to go back, Romans, Vikings, or Mongols did. None of them had weather problems.

Plus why would any god that you believe in punish most of the poor, elderly, and stupid in one state for the "crimes" in the foreign policy of a nation they have very little control over. Now if there is a major outbreak of Bubonic Plague in Texas you might be onto something.

Hurricanes hit every year, just Louisiana isn't as prepared as it should be. Part of the problem is people shooting at vehicles trying to bring in food, supplies, or pull people out. If only there were better GUN CONTROL laws things might be going more smoothly. I think half the deaths should be blammed on the NRA lobbyists, it's not all Katrina's fault, give her a break.
  10. Cosmos
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 23:192 edits
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Although I'm not sure which crimes we would be punished for, we got away with napalming kids in Vietnam and putting our own citizens in concentration camps in WWII, nuking innocent civilians, and slavery.

And we don't have nearly the crimes the Nazis, Japanesse, or if you really want to go back ...[text shortened]... deaths should be blammed on the NRA lobbyists, it's not all Katrina's fault, give her a break.
    I would not go that far about it being a coincidence.

It certainly serves the Americans right for electing a moronic leader who ignores the Kyoto treaty.

Who knows, if the Yanks did not insist on polluting the atmosphere rather than reducing emissions, then perhaps this hurricane might not have happened. Or at least been less severe!
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 15:16
    Originally posted by howardgee

It certainly serves the Americans right for electing a moronic leader who ignores the Kyoto treaty.

Who knows, if the Yanks did not insist on polluting the atmosphere rather than reducing emissions, then perhaps this hurricane might not have happened. Or at least been less severe!
    Makes about as much sense as the fundies' theory....
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 15:46

And we don't have nearly the crimes the Nazis, Japanesse, or if you really want to go back ...[text shortened]... deaths should be blammed on the NRA lobbyists, it's not all Katrina's fault, give her a break.
    Well to a certain extent the hurricanes now are our problem, evidence
    is pouring in(so to speak) that global warming caused by way too much
    fossil fuel use and the resultant buildup of CO2 in the atmoshphere
    is leading to a situation where warmer oceans lead directly to
    more violent hurricanes. So in that sense we brought this on
    ourselves. Earthquakes on the other hand are not so well corrolated
    with global warming, although there is now evidence the weight of
    the atmosphere and changes in air pressure do effect the underlying
    crust to some extent but for all intents and purposes, earthquakes
    (which are the major cause of tsunami's) are mainly due to the
    shifting and contracting continental plates and there is not a hell of
    a lot humans can do about that so if a fault line makes a major break
    you better head for cover. Hurricane strength it seems we may
    eventually get a handle on (if we reduce global warming there will be
    a resultant decrease in the average strength of hurricanes plus
    a lot of other environmental problems go away) So tying all of
    these phenomena to some godly interferance is just the same as
    seeing warriers in the random way stars are arranged in the sky.
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 20:20

only there were better GUN CONTROL laws things might be going more smoothly.

Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people. I call this the theory of Duh! 😛
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 23:20
    Originally posted by howardgee

You sound like you found religion. It's a strange sort of religion, but you could be the reverend of the I Hate George W. Bush House of the Apocolyptic Church.
  15. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 04:54
    no, the crimes i spoke of in the title is america's agression and arrogance. the co-incidence i spoke of it that everyone is saying how bad america is, god is on the side of humanity, everyone knows that, hence the co-incidence that everyone is anti-american, just as god sends a hurricane to punish america.

take care to read more carefully!
    uh-huh. No, in answer to your initial query, 'god' is not doing anything.

Katrina is a frightening testament to the raw power of nature, and a poignant reminder of the fragility of the crystal cathedrals we've chosen to build.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree